Does the 'feel' of the guns change?

#1kant69Posted 1/13/2013 10:22:28 AM
As much as I'm enjoying the game, I'm not quite feeling the guns yet. Which is a big deal when you're playing a game that places the emphasis on gun play, and chosen your character (Gunzerker) accordingly.

I''m only up to level 7, but have experienced a variety of guns and they tend to feel all the same - ineffectual or without body and weight.

They look great and the 'spectacle' (firepower and/or damage done) obviously changes with the gun. But i was hoping to feel increasingly powerful (or feel the power within my own hands, like with far cry two or black ops 2).

So my question is: does the physical sensation - and as opposed to the visuals and stats - change to?

thanks
#2iriswcPosted 1/13/2013 11:41:11 AM
you're on level 7, you should feel that guns don't do much. you'll find better guns etc. Once I hit around level 20ish, I had some good gear
#3danishjuggler21Posted 1/13/2013 11:43:41 AM
I'm not sure what you're looking for exactly, but something that could be affecting you is that, while in gunzerking mode, the sound effects of the guns are dampened.
---
XBOX Live Gamertag: danishjuggler03
"I refuse to quote myself in my signature - I've always thought people who do that are lame." - danishjuggler21
#4Willy_LopezPosted 1/13/2013 11:51:44 AM
Yes, there is a huge difference in "feeling" between a duped weapon and a non-duped weapon. Its like night and day. Life changing different.
#5AtrabiliousPosted 1/13/2013 11:58:59 AM
No, they're all much of a muchness. They just tend to deal more damage and be more accurate at higher levels.
---
| Xbox 360: Atrabilious/ClassiestFiddle | PS3: Jazzy_Bones |
Currently Frequenting: The Dark Souls & Dragon's Dogma Boards.
#6kant69(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 1:20:29 PM
What is a 'duped' weapon - and what's the appeal of a shooter that doesn't make you 'feel' like your really shooting anything (or if you prefer, doesn't make you feel as if the weapons in your hands are getting more powerful)?
#7kant69(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 4:49:00 PM
Anyone?
#8SAGETISMYSAVIORPosted 1/13/2013 5:20:43 PM
kant69 posted...
Anyone?

Nope, the weight of guns doesn't really change at all. Your character will always move and act the same no matter what type of weapon you have euipped.
---
See the Turtle of enormous girth, on his shell he holds the Earth.