Wish guns actually looked like they did in some of the old preview screenshots.

#1AngryOldFeralPosted 1/13/2013 1:41:12 PM
http://mp1st.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/SirenCaverns-lg-618x347.jpg

Laser-sight, bayonet, and whatever bullet-modifying accessory that is on the side.

I miss the old weapon system's variety. The variables of what parts you could get with guns made BL1 a lot more interesting since there was a lot more factors to determine how exactly your firearm would behave.

I think the low drop-rates would be more tolerable if the loot system itself (the randomly-generated variables dictating a gun's available parts) hadn't been streamlined and over-simplified.

In BL1, I very seldom ran into any legendaries but I was alright with it, because even the "regular" weapons I would get were still interesting enough to use. When you run into generic weapons that behave too similarly, they in turn feel too generic to warrant satisfaction of finding them.
---
Smoking Ghost / Feral Manx
Proud Outcast of Capcom Unity
#2kiwimyweeweePosted 1/13/2013 1:58:09 PM(edited)
It's like they took a perfectly good loot system from the first and shot it and its head was all like pfffllllltttt.
---
They're not going to say no because of the implication.
#3SUGARASHADPosted 1/13/2013 1:57:12 PM
honestly people can say Gearbox are great devs but they aren't.. lol at 24 hour boss timers..and they wasted time on the bee and messed up the game even more.. or things like getting Verm to spawn or the Cobra drop is just terrible design choices.. plus every dlc has sucked so far..
---
http://www.mmafightgirls.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/rashad-evans.jpg
#4legendX66Posted 1/13/2013 2:00:07 PM
SUGARASHAD posted...
honestly people can say Gearbox are great devs but they aren't.. lol at 24 hour boss timers..and they wasted time on the bee and messed up the game even more.. or things like getting Verm to spawn or the Cobra drop is just terrible design choices.. plus every dlc has sucked so far..

still the best game that's come out in ages and all the dlc is fun. imo of course. only bl1 tops it.
---
legendX66-Ten Tails H4X and Troll H4X Sexy secretary of Haxem Rangers
Thinking is the hardest kind of work, which is probably why so few engage in it.
#5innersmokePosted 1/13/2013 2:02:58 PM
You are aware that some guns do have laser sights and bayonets right. And don't the assault rifles sometimes have that sweet flamethrower-esqe attachment to go along with the corresponding element? I was a big fan of the gun design on this game.
---
GT- Innersmoke
#6StormWolf12Posted 1/13/2013 2:06:24 PM
kiwimyweewee posted...
It's like they took a perfectly good loot system from the first and shot it and its head was all like pfffllllltttt.
#7BigSai29Posted 1/13/2013 2:56:10 PM
Shallow system is shallow.

But...but...it's not the system, it's the players.
#8LaharPosted 1/13/2013 3:12:33 PM
If they make one Bandit gun with a bottle scope I'll die happy.
---
It's raining
luggage and babies and limbs and Daddy doesn't come home.
#9PanopictonguyPosted 1/13/2013 3:46:32 PM
BigSai29 posted...
Shallow system is shallow.

But...but...it's not the system, it's the players.

It is the players...unless Borderlands is literally the first loot game you've ever played or heard of.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#10BigSai29Posted 1/13/2013 3:51:46 PM
You literally make so little sense that I don't even know wtf I'm saying when I parody you.