Vermivorous is a stupid raid boss.

#1ChicagoTed_Posted 1/14/2013 4:15:12 AM
Nevermind the fact that getting him to spawn is a luck-based pain the the ass. I've (somehow) managed to find and kill Vermivorous six times. Not once have I gotten anything but blues and purples.

Nothing. Nada. Worthless bug.
---
No Zombie is safe from Chicago Ted
#2SUGARASHADPosted 1/14/2013 8:39:54 AM
ChicagoTed_ posted...
Nevermind the fact that getting him to spawn is a luck-based pain the the ass. I've (somehow) managed to find and kill Vermivorous six times. Not once have I gotten anything but blues and purples.

Nothing. Nada. Worthless bug.

this is gearbox for you.. full of bad ideas. the only thing they have going for them is people overlook how bad the are because of how fun borderlands was
---
http://www.mmafightgirls.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/rashad-evans.jpg
#3AzureLivesOnPosted 1/14/2013 11:37:45 AM
SUGARASHAD posted...
this is gearbox for you.. full of bad ideas. the only thing they have going for them is people overlook how bad the are because of how fun borderlands was

Why is it a bad idea? Because they managed to sucker you into continue playing their game for additional hours? That's the whole point.

If Vermi dropped nothing but Oranges and Norfleet on the first kill and could be spawned instantly, you'd complain that it's too boring. Instead, because they structured him (gasp!) to make you play their game longer (those jerks!), it's a bad idea because it's too frustrating?

Welcome to gaming. Suck it up.
---
XBL Gamertag: OrangeAvarice83 / PSN SN: RaptorJesus83 / Wii Friend Code: 2869-3002-9457-7805
#4Shiroh08thPosted 1/14/2013 11:47:46 AM
AzureLivesOn posted...
SUGARASHAD posted...

Why is it a bad idea? Because they managed to sucker you into continue playing their game for additional hours? That's the whole point.

If Vermi dropped nothing but Oranges and Norfleet on the first kill and could be spawned instantly, you'd complain that it's too boring. Instead, because they structured him (gasp!) to make you play their game longer (those jerks!), it's a bad idea because it's too frustrating?

Honestly, outside of DLC purchases, they couldn't care less if you keep playing. They already have your money, so playing five minutes and 500 hours means nothing. On the topic of orange drops, I seem to recall Crawmerax being very popular, despite dropping pearlescents very rarely. How did they counter that? By giving him a good chance of dropping decent loot and legendaries.
---
-Signature pending-
#5SUGARASHADPosted 1/14/2013 11:51:48 AM
AzureLivesOn posted...
SUGARASHAD posted...

you assume so much.. and ''welcome to gaming'' << HUHHUHU okay
---
http://www.mmafightgirls.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/rashad-evans.jpg
#6Thunderbolt210Posted 1/14/2013 11:55:40 AM
Shiroh08th posted...
AzureLivesOn posted...
SUGARASHAD posted...

Honestly, outside of DLC purchases, they couldn't care less if you keep playing. They already have your money, so playing five minutes and 500 hours means nothing. On the topic of orange drops, I seem to recall Crawmerax being very popular, despite dropping pearlescents very rarely. How did they counter that? By giving him a good chance of dropping decent loot and legendaries.

your talking about gearbox like they're EA. those guys definitely care if you still play there games, very very few studios are as hands on as gearbox is. on twitter, facebook, they still go out and hold events to play with the fans. i live in connecticut they came to a local gamestop by me and answered questions and tool complaints from people about the game so they could go back and fix and improve.

i farmed formeman rusty 64 times before he finally dropped the black hole shield. when he did it was like the greatest sense of euphoria and excitement had he dropped on the second shot or the first time it would have been like oh i got it. alright what next.
---
Read before you mod
dedicated to the moderators of Gfaqs
#7danishjuggler21Posted 1/14/2013 1:45:52 PM
Ah, operant conditioning. I love being treated like a lab rat, don't you?
---
XBOX Live Gamertag: danishjuggler03
"I refuse to quote myself in my signature - I've always thought people who do that are lame." - danishjuggler21