Today was a wonderful day.

#1SilverosxPosted 1/14/2013 11:51:57 AM
So the last day of the Bug Hunt Weekend has arrived, and today's special is a greater chance of spawning Vermivorous and looting a Norfleet. Because I had time to spare, I decided for the first time ever to try and spawn it. I loaded up a splitscreen level 1 character to assist spawning and head to the Tundra Express Farmhouse. I head out to the Varkids, running around in circles at double speed (thanks to gunzerking and talents) gathering them all up. After several minutes, it happened...

Vermivorous spawns. Never seen before. I'm cowering in fear. Did NOT think it would happen on my first try. I shut off the second player and go after it solo.

After shooting up all the extra Varkids, I pull out a Hellfire and a shock AR and start blasting it, hiding on the porch at the farmhouse. 17 minutes of nonstop gunzerking and shooting go by, and Vermivorous is nearly dead. I'm exhausted from running around so much, trying to dodge everything, and keeping my ammo supply from going dry (I was surprised how much ammo I had left at the end, especially as Salv).

On the 18th minute, I deliver the glorious final bullet shower and Vermivorous falls to the ground. I set the controller down and do a triumphant pose. I then head over to Vermivorous' corpse and shuffle through the loot hiding under his limbs. Under one of his legs, I find this beautiful weapon.

http://imageshack.us/a/img46/7021/norfleetwoo.jpg

My Bug Hunt Weekend... is complete.
---
My posts come with muffins. Take only one per post.
Don't flame me, or the muffins will BURN!
#2kiwimyweeweePosted 1/14/2013 11:54:02 AM
Grats
---
They're not going to say no because of the implication.
#3Argyle_GargoylePosted 1/14/2013 11:54:23 AM
awesome. might give it a shot when i get home. congrats on the score man
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#4BigLongDownerPosted 1/14/2013 12:07:41 PM
I have yet to spawn him, today will be the day! Thanks for the heads up, TC!
---
GT - The Grunge Guy
#5surfertiePosted 1/14/2013 12:22:58 PM
Yesterday a group of three others and myself spawned two....TWO! Out of those two, all he dropped was a blue grenade mod.

This was in the Caustic Caverns, first in the second covered area where there are an enormous amount of varkid. He started to glitch through the wall and then ended up out in the open area with the (?). He glitch died and his body went flying and he dropped nothing.

Second was right at the start and he was the one that dropped the blue grenade mod. I mean really... He was acting very strange though. Glitch through wall and ceilings and stuff.

Can't wait to get him to spawn again and again.
---
"Are you the big guy?" "When are you ever the big guy in a video game?" Gamertag: Surfertie
#6OxenhausPosted 1/14/2013 12:36:02 PM
What are these weekends things I keep hearing about, I've heard a shotgun weekend, now bug hunt, is it like an event?
---
"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on." - Robert Bloch