Pistols...they don't suck. iI there any area that SMGs totally eclipse pistols?

#11BigRobb2389Posted 1/15/2013 5:33:54 PM
Mister_Vanilla posted...
BigRobb2389 posted...
Pistols usually have higher damage than SMGs, SMGs will have higher rates of fire and larger clip sizes though.

Even if you get a pistol that has a fire rate and clip size equal to an SMG, you are able to hold more SMG ammo on you at a time, as pistols like that tend to eat through ammo too fast.

I prefer a good pistol to an SMG, personally.

Im not an expert, but wouldnt higher damage = less bullets needed?

yea, you'd think that, but like no name said, you can just hold way more SMG bullets, so ultimately, pistols=more damage per bullet, SMGs=more damage in capacity.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/BigRobb/
#12captain_tylorPosted 1/15/2013 5:53:01 PM
Maya with Cat class mod
#13xHuckleberryPosted 1/15/2013 5:59:29 PM
http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Lascaux
#14BiurfePosted 1/15/2013 7:04:42 PM
Pistols also have supreme weapon swap speed. Ideal for using slag or shock then switching to fire/corrosive
#15Crimson681Posted 1/15/2013 7:19:43 PM(edited)
tony8669 posted...
There are only a few good pistols: Fibber, Infinity, and Maggie.

In my own personal experience, SMGs in general are good: I don't HAVE to use an orange or E-Tech for them to be good.

Pistols are some of the best weapons in the game. You can find purple vladof machine pistols that dwarf ANY SMGs or Assault rifles in pretty much every category. As far as ammo goes, Salvador doesn't care.
#16AngryOldFeralPosted 1/15/2013 7:39:34 PM
Machspeed2 posted...
tony8669 posted...
There are only a few good pistols: Fibber, Infinity, and Maggie.

In my own personal experience, SMGs in general are good: I don't HAVE to use an orange or E-Tech for them to be good.

my double hornet is my go-to BUZZARD RAPEMACHINE. It's a great pistol.

Fix'd.

Also, the "Greed" (fire-element Jakobs revolver) you get from Pirate's Booty DLC is pretty righteous.
---
Smoking Ghost / Feral Manx
Proud Outcast of Capcom Unity