borderlands 1 question

#1DniasPosted 1/14/2013 11:45:16 PM
I've recently started playing Borderlands 2 and I love everything about it. I'm really having a lot of fun with it, which makes me think about getting the first game to know more about the characters, world, story, etc. Only problem is having played BL2, will it be hard to go back and play BL1 due to the gameplay improvements, etc? Or is it not worth it?
---
The End
#2narf001Posted 1/14/2013 11:53:32 PM
I really enjoyed the first game immensely, I would highly recommend you pick it up. There was a sale on last week, I think everything was half off to be purchased via download. 5 dollars for each DLC and the game was 10 dollars.
---
Hail
Gamertag-Danaochman
#3capnovanPosted 1/15/2013 12:23:40 AM
oh yes, it's worth it
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!
#4tony8669Posted 1/15/2013 12:26:38 AM
Yeah, it's really good, especially the DLC.

Get the GOTY Edition, it has all the DLC bundled with it.

IMO, the only thing I didn't like much about B1 was Brick. He was good to start out with, but eventually his class skill becomes worthless (except as a ghetto heal). But since you were able to carry healing items in your inventory, even that was worthless. Gunzerker is SO much better.
#5pkmn_ballahPosted 1/15/2013 12:27:57 AM
Borderlands 1 is totally worth getting.
Not to mention that you can find the GOTY edition for $30 at any major retailer.

And IMO both games do certain things better than the other, Like Borderlands 1 had more emphasis on picking a weapon type and sticking to it because Weapon types gained EXP the more they were used and unlocked weapon specific stat upgrades *like Accuracy, Fire rate, etc*

The only thing that I felt wasn't really worthwhile about BL1 was the entire Underdome DLC which is just a lame horde mode...
To this day I've never finished it... don't intend to either
---
"Attention all Units, Suspect seen heading south, Lock all Major roads and Capture the Suspect"
Junior RNG Abuser *In-training*
#6Dnias(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 10:08:48 PM
Sounds great, I'll be sure to pick it up.
---
The End
#7BTzzPosted 1/15/2013 10:14:42 PM
I'm gonna go against the grain and disagree here.

It's far more bland in terms of guns and areas. It's tough for people who haven't played it in a while to remember just how tedious some of the areas in Borderlands were. The skills were also a bit more bland by comparison.

I loved it for its time but BL2 is the far superior game.
#8Chrono Trigger RulesPosted 1/15/2013 10:16:44 PM
The first game was better but less polished, definitely worth it!
---
Best RPGs to date: CT, Lufia 2, SoM, SoAL