First review for dlc 3 is up at IGN 6/10 "worst dlc so far"

#21littlecletusPosted 1/15/2013 8:16:40 AM
I am not even gonna bother downloading this crap.

Lesson learned....I will never buy another season pass again.

How can they not raise the level cap?
Three DLC campaigns and no level cap increase.
---
Havin' a tea Partay drinkin' mah Teeea!
#22BTzzPosted 1/15/2013 8:19:35 AM
littlecletus posted...

I'm irked at this as well.

I didn't buy the season pass out of principle, I love this series but I refuse to pre-pay for DLC without the option for a refund. It's pre-paying for stuff that isn't past the concept stage when there's no assurance of quality. Seems like this is where I'll save my $10 after buying the first two.
#23fat_irish_guyPosted 1/15/2013 8:31:14 AM
diablogamer posted...
Are you refering to that whole Kane and Lynch thing on gamespot from a few years ago fat irish ? Thats one of the main reasons I dont trust game reviews anymore if anything its gotten worse since then. Hopefully IGN is wrong on this review.

Yep and they said they didnt fire him over edios gonna pull funding but in march they admitted it so after that ever pro game critic can suck balls only one i like is Angry Joe
---
I'm the backwards man the backwards man i can walk backwards as fast as you can!
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2, Skyrim, Halo 4, Dead Space1+2,Dark Souls
#24fat_irish_guyPosted 1/15/2013 8:35:45 AM
littlecletus posted...

Man starting acharacter is so hard to do i understand complaining about the lvl cap i think it should have been raised in 3rd one like theydid in BL1 but honestly try out different playstyles. What bugs me is people complain about level cap but wont lvl another guy legit and will just go into a boosting lobby i was going to boost zero for the acheviment but i said no i didnt earn s*** all if i just "cheat"
---
I'm the backwards man the backwards man i can walk backwards as fast as you can!
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2, Skyrim, Halo 4, Dead Space1+2,Dark Souls
#25inebriantiaPosted 1/15/2013 9:05:06 AM
They have already stated they're raising the level cap soon. They made a statement they have plans to increase it a special way through a new 3rd playthrough option. It will be released as a special free dlc early this year. They said only 16% of people even have a level 50, so they're waiting til more people catch up.
---
Remember Kids.. You Know Enough! ---- G.I. Jose
GT: GbHaseo---Currently Playing: Borderlands 2, Persona 4, .Hack//Mutation
#26TheManlyManateePosted 1/15/2013 9:41:08 AM
Eh, I wouldn't exactly... trust... ign with these sorts of things.
---
Now Playing: Fallout 3, Borderlands 2, CoD: BO2
#27FurioPosted 1/15/2013 9:50:56 AM
diablogamer posted...
Yeah I know but I figured everyone here could find IGN and its on the top stories lol. Plus Im doing this from my phone and its a,pain to copy and paste for some reason.

Makes sense, I'd already read the review and it is pretty easy to find. He didn't say it was bad just worse than he wanted it to be, pretty much.
#28diablogamer(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 9:55:03 AM
@fat_irish_guy I love angry joe also him and total biscuit are pretty much the only opinions I can trust now.

Hate to say it but I agree with IGN on this one this dlc is by far the worst so far that 6.9 was being generous to say the least. Just finish the main story and it was awful no quest rewards whatsoever terrible story and a horrible final boss fight. I really wish gearbox would stop out sourcing work to this studio cause they are just terrible the only reason I even finished this was because the basic borderlands mechanics are still there even though everything else sucked ass. This is even worse than pirates booty.
---
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very
persistent one" Albert Einstein
#29Chrono Trigger RulesPosted 1/15/2013 10:00:02 AM
littlecletus posted...

This, never been so dissappointed with a game as with BL2 dlc, they just hyped up so we'd get the season pass and now all we get in return for our early investment are some crappy "light" dlcs
---
Best RPGs to date: CT, Lufia 2, SoM, SoAL
#30Iceshade199Posted 1/15/2013 10:11:20 AM
I never really understood why people cared about reviews. It'd be like if you loved a movie, and a friend said 'Naw, that movie sucks'. Are you then supposed to just agree and throw the movie away if you own it?

I bought the dlc this morning, and I personally like it. I find the world a fresh step from the sand, and snow (yes there were junkyards and lava as well, but those were minor areas). I love the BBEG (big bag evil guy) of this dlc, I find him extremely humorous, and he reminds me of Knoxx. Not entirely sure why on the last bit. The new creatures range from being interesting to irritating, not badly designed mind you, but irritating because those are effective. The witch doctors are what I am referring to. Particularly that chupacabra witch doctor, I hate him so much.

Point is every one is different, sure a review may be a good basis to form an opinion, but a review is not fact. I know dropping cash on something and hating it sucks, but doing more research before jumping on the boards and hating on something you haven't even played is usually a good call.

Just my thoughts on it is all, nothing more.