Season pass is starting to be a huge rip off...

#131SonyHoundDawgPosted 1/15/2013 4:10:11 PM
I never buy a season pass. I usually am bored of the game by the time the first DLC comes out, or the second. Plus I am usually not interested in them all. In Borderlands 2 case, I will consider buying a DLC that raises the level cap and thats it for now. Maybe I'd buy another on sale one day If I felt like playing.
#132PanopictonguyPosted 1/15/2013 4:15:36 PM
Mixorz posted...
scarletspeed7 posted...
Mixorz posted...
People like to forget that there are still companies that give free DLC. Even CoD, the so called rehashed cash grab has given out free maps. GASP! No I are GB honorary employee we must pay for everything, and if it sucks its the fans fault.

If you purchase a product where the primary result of said product is to create a subjective form of entertainment that needs to appeal to the subjective interpretations of aesthetics of individuals not involved in said product's creation, there is no guarantee that the aforementioned product will meet everyone's standards.

Gearbox offered a season pass with the tacet understanding being that, by purchasing DLC in advance (and regardless of quality), you would be receiving a marked-down price compared to first-day buyers. Nothing more.

You don't go to a movie theatre and ask for a refund when a Twilight film sucks. You made the choice to attend that film and pay money. When a theatre therefore offers a matinee price, you don't complain about the quality of the film you attended because your ticket was cheaper.

Blah blah blah everyone is saying the same thing. No one is saying they thought the DLc was great, you know why? Because it blows big green chunks and is horrible. Seriously kid, learn what quality is, and how a lot of other mes and companies provide real quality. Not filler DLC.

Name all the companies thay make "quality" DLC. And I can find people who consider said DLC crap.

Quality is subjective.

You're at least 50 right? You have to be if you're calling me kid. Or is this your attempt to downplay my argument by calling my logic child like. The only child like logic I see is when you believe something you dislike is definitively bad.

In your opinion the DLC is bad.
In Euphoria's opinion the DLC is good.

Contradicting opinions. Quality is subjective.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#133PanopictonguyPosted 1/15/2013 4:20:45 PM
This most annoying thing about this that people keep talking about "Knoxxx Quality."

I think the Knoxxx DLC is what kept the poisonous part of the fanbase around.

Level Cap increase & Golden Showers.

That's literally all they whine about. "All the guns are crap, good guns are yo hard to get." & " Man I'm level 30 I hope we get a cap increase so I can keep having fun, because I like 'progress.' "
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#134shnangyboosPosted 1/15/2013 4:23:13 PM
I don't get why people don't understand why others want a level increase. This game wouldn't be **** without levels, and I think we all know it.
---
How's my posting?
Call http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentopic.php?board=588037 for any comments.
#135MelvinX93Posted 1/15/2013 4:24:53 PM
OP.... Wait for the GOTY edition.

I never buy DLC (unless it's a digital only game Ex: Castelvania Harmony of Despair).

It's the same thing I did with Arkham City. I knew there was going to be dlc so I stopeed my urge to buy it. On may I was rewarded with the goty edition. All the dlc plus a free movie.
Not bad.
---
PSN: MxWhiteKnight
#136Dray0Posted 1/15/2013 4:25:30 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
This most annoying thing about this that people keep talking about "Knoxxx Quality."

I think the Knoxxx DLC is what kept the poisonous part of the fanbase around.

Level Cap increase & Golden Showers.

That's literally all they whine about. "All the guns are crap, good guns are yo hard to get." & " Man I'm level 30 I hope we get a cap increase so I can keep having fun, because I like 'progress.' "

I completely agree, i am actually dreading the DLC that has the level cap increase that just means i have to get everything all over again. Not to mention i still think Knoxx was one of the more terrible boring DLC's they have put out "yay lets fight an endless army of guys with guns, you know because the main game didn't have that."
#137Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 1/15/2013 4:27:27 PM(edited)
I thought the game was a rip off, never bothered with the DLC.

TC, address this poster. Unleash your logic on him. Or her.

From: Panopictonguy | Posted: 1/15/2013 7:20:45 PM | #133

I've never understood what that even meant, to be honest. Knoxx DLC was alright but I preferred Zombie Island and Robolution over it. At the risk of being flamed, I'm serious. Knoxx introduced some fun, quirky characters but... all the DLCs have done that - even Underdome, which I sincerely hope all of us can agree was the worst DLC but still introduced Moxxi, a quirky and fun character. What did Knoxx have that was so quality? Driving all the way across three maps several times for a single quest? It was all highways, that DLC was boring as hell to me.
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am. - http://tinyurl.com/bestgfaqstopic
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers
#138Dray0Posted 1/15/2013 4:30:33 PM
shnangyboos posted...
I don't get why people don't understand why others want a level increase. This game wouldn't be **** without levels, and I think we all know it.

The game would be exactly the same without levels the enemies scale up to your level anyways, the only thing it effects is how much damage and health both you and the enemies have. Levels are fun but i don't think i would really miss them.
#139kiwimyweeweePosted 1/15/2013 4:31:48 PM
shnangyboos posted...

You already have BAR. Enemies level up with you so it makes the point moot. Guns will just do more damage on the card while the enemies will have the same increases.

The only thing you gain is skill points. That's it. Granted you can possibly have two end tier skills but whatever.

Game needs more class mods, relics like movement speed, and such things of the like.
---
They're not going to say no because of the implication.
#140Fou LuPosted 1/15/2013 4:47:49 PM
And that's why you wait until the Season Pass or DLC goes on sale! I know I can wait it out until it is.
---
I smolder with generic rage.