Season pass is starting to be a huge rip off...

#181Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 1/17/2013 1:30:01 PM
You heard it here folks: new areas, weapons, enemies, bosses, quests, NPCs, and dialogue does not constitute "adding" anything to the game. Only a level cap increase counts. Source:

From: Chrono Trigger Rules | Posted: 1/17/2013 3:26:18 PM | #180
I havent bought DLC that often but when I did it ADDED something to the game, not just a few more hours of the same stuff, and in this case it being pointless already being level 50 and able to kill everything in the game with my current legit loot most of which isnt even all that special.

---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am. - http://tinyurl.com/bestgfaqstopic
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers
#182Uru_ZephPosted 1/17/2013 7:08:59 PM
I'm pretty sure we're all just frustrated because this dlc is not of the same quality that the dlc for the first Borderlands, specifically General Knoxx and Zombie Island. It felt like each dlc from the first Borderlands added something special to the game; Zombie Island had Zombies that were actually different from the enemies from the main game, not to mention a fantastically designed final boss, Moxxi added a fairly challenging arena, and Knoxx added a different vehicle type that actually felt different from the other vehicles, new enemy variety and a ton of other things.

In the dlc we have gotten so far for Borderlands 2, it doesn't feel like we have new enemies... it feels like we have re-skinned enemies. The vehicles are thematically different, but don't feel like much more than gimmicks for the new areas.

To end all this, it isn't necessarily that the dlc is bad. I mean, it's adding more of the same, and the "same" was pretty good. I would definitely say that from a technical standpoint it's worth the price I paid. It just doesn't feel like it has the same level of commitment from Gearbox as DLC had for Borderlands 1, and that's incredibly disappointing. It also doesn't add much to the longevity of the game because it has the "been there, done that" feel going on. In Borderlands 1 I still hop around each dlc because each dlc seemed to provide a different experience (except claptrap's), but I don't think I'll get the same experience here.
#183Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 4:26:03 AM
Bones_McGee posted...
l really liked Torgue, Pirates is ok and will start Big Game Hunt this weekend. In terms of value what were you expecting? And if you bought the season pass you got one of these for free!

So the one you hate consider that the free one or look at the other way $7.50 per each release.

Another option is to just quit playing the game that way you won't have to play this "horrible" DLC anymore.

Believe me if there was a way to cancel my season pass now and get $7.50 for not downloading the last one I would. Definitely not going to put another minute into this game until the last season pass DLC comes out. Hopefully it's good and not the crap they've been paying the last few months.
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#184SolidStryderPosted 1/18/2013 5:02:58 AM
Hammerlock was definitely leagues above that POS Pirates dlc. 2/3 were satisfying, hopefully they don't botch the last one.
#185St0ve1Posted 1/18/2013 5:29:38 AM
i feel like people are making topics like this just so people will post on it
#186blakenickPosted 1/24/2013 2:41:54 AM
havok718 posted...
I'd have to agree with the TC.

My friends and I got a 4 pack during a 25% off sale before borderlands was even released, so we already saved $20 from not buying the game individually.

However the Season pass was a rip as in sales most of the DLC has been available for $8-4 each during sales. So with the base $40 you would have paid for the season pass, you already overpaid by what will end up being around $20-$16 depending on the cost of the last 2 DLC during sales.

So... if you were savvy there was no real benefit to buying the season pass at all, you lost more money than if you had bought the dlc individually during sales (which are fairly common).

Apart from that only one of those 4 guys ended up buying the season pass and he was pretty unhappy with it. If you assumed you were going to get DLC of the extent to which they had taken that of the first game, then you were sorely disappointed.

So from both a monetary and qualitative viewpoint, it's a total ripoff.

The Captain Scarlet one pissed him off the most with it being a single boss added (his description), he also wasn't a fan of Creature Slaughter Dome as he said it seemed like something that should have been included in the initial game (when compared to the first) but had been taken out to provide extra DLC content.

Are you seriously trying to making this horrendous argument? So... every product ever made is a ripoff because they drop in price over time?

You're not getting any of these DLCs for $4 at release besides retailer-side promotions which have nothing to do with Gbx. And there was an equal chance to get the Season pass for less than $30 at launch from same retailer promotions.

But you see the entire thing isn't even released yet. So why would you buy it in advance in the first place? Sure you expect prices to drop over time but over a matter of months to years, some of these were only weeks after the release of their respective content.

If you did have patience, well enough to wait a few weeks then it's a rip off, but yes as you said if you are buying them as soon as they are released you are going to pay full price. Frankly I'd wait the few weeks.
---
It's common courtesy for a lady to swallow
If you lived here, you'd be pwned by now
#187SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 1/24/2013 5:46:50 AM
Oh hey, this topic is still going.

What's it been, just under two weeks now?

Guess it must be a popular topic.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#188CecilPosted 1/24/2013 7:11:26 AM
I won't be purchasing anymore season passes as well because of this game, oh well esson learned for me.
#189killbot357Posted 1/24/2013 7:12:20 AM
weird, I wonder if people would complain about t the quality of the DLC no matter what the content was?
---
Currently playing: Minecraft: FTB, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition, Borderlands 2
#190CecilPosted 1/24/2013 7:37:27 AM
Somebody will always complain about content no matter what, but hey everyone is entitled to their opinion. It's my opinion that 2 of the 3 DLC's is mediocre at best and I wasted my money getting a season pass, my mistake and one I won't make again. The thing to factor in here is that the majority agree that the dlc isn't that great, you can't ignore this no matter how much you love a game and want to defend it.