Season pass is starting to be a huge rip off...

#31Sand_CoffinPosted 1/15/2013 11:59:24 AM
I stay far away from Season Passes. There has yet to be a game I've been interested in every piece of DLC for. I'm not going to think "Oh yay I like -insert game here- so I'll just blindly buy the pass e/o even knowing what it is I'm getting!"
#32PanopictonguyPosted 1/15/2013 12:02:44 PM
4 full expansion packs for $7.50 a piece. Is there a better deal for new stuff? Is the minimum on most DLC expansions $10. I heard CoD maps were $15 new.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#33Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 1/15/2013 12:06:31 PM
>purchases season pass
>gets exactly the service rendered he was promised for said financial transaction
>feels "ripped off"

In absolutely, positively no way does the season pass constitute as being a "rip off"

You get 4 DLCs - a 3000 MSP value - for 2400 MSP - a 25% savings.
No promises beyond the quantity of DLCs offered and the final date by which they would all be available was made. No level cap was promised if you buy the season pass, no quality of product was "guaranteed or your money back," nothing.

You bought a product and the issue here is that you don't like the product, NOT that the product was a ripoff.
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am.
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers - any game, any gamer! Love games? So do we.
#34gamerzorPosted 1/15/2013 12:10:04 PM
thought about getting the season passes, but after reading all of these, I am going to stay away. I am bored of borderlands 2 anyways, this is my first borderlands game. never played the first one, but I have heard that the first one is better than the second one in terms of loot and guns, which without even playing it, I hope it is the case, because the guns in this game are so terrible and I have played like 80 hours on my first character and all the guns that I get from drops and quests are so garbage. the only enjoyment I get from the guns are from the golden chest in sanctuary using those keys. those guns are pretty fun, but a game is in trouble if the developer wants us to use guns not from the original game, but from bonus content. And it seems like the developers want us to farm these bosses for these awesome legendaries - well the problem is, I have been reading, that many people spend a looot of time on these farms (like two weeks), and still get nothing. After reading this, I am not even going to waste my time because I for one, am not a very hardcore gamer, just a casual gamer who hopes to enjoy a good loot and shoot game. The enjoyment should come naturally to me, not force me to spend so much time slaving over something for my reward to the point that it becomes a chore, not a game. Isn't this supposed to be a casual shooter? not a MMORPG? anyways, I am going to get borderlands 1 and play it and see for myself which one is better. Anyone tell me which game do you guys think is better? Thanks
#35MosebysRangersPosted 1/15/2013 12:11:29 PM
Unpure_Euphoria posted...
>purchases season pass
>gets exactly the service rendered he was promised for said financial transaction
>feels "ripped off"

In absolutely, positively no way does the season pass constitute as being a "rip off"

You get 4 DLCs - a 3000 MSP value - for 2400 MSP - a 25% savings.
No promises beyond the quantity of DLCs offered and the final date by which they would all be available was made. No level cap was promised if you buy the season pass, no quality of product was "guaranteed or your money back," nothing.

You bought a product and the issue here is that you don't like the product, NOT that the product was a ripoff.

^
This as we say at my job was nicely stated, clear, concise, succinct and to the point well stated. IMO.
#36furbPosted 1/15/2013 12:12:43 PM
I never buy them even for games I love. I never know if I'll actually be playing the game down the road. I never know if I'll actually like the packs. I may even croak or be indisposed in some way by the time the content comes out. So I don't buy the stuff upfront. Perhaps if it were a massive bargain vs. buying a la carte I would, but rarely is the money saved that too terribly huge.
---
You know how fads are. Today it's brains, tomorrow, pierced tongues. Then the next day, pierced brains.
-Jane Lane
#37Chrono Trigger RulesPosted 1/15/2013 12:13:11 PM
TC is right, this is also the reason Ill never buy a gearbox game again, I feel hustled.
---
Best RPGs to date: CT, Lufia 2, SoM, SoAL
#38Chrono Trigger RulesPosted 1/15/2013 12:14:06 PM
and rofl at all the white knight fanboys in this topic too dumb to even realise theyve wasted a lot of money xd
---
Best RPGs to date: CT, Lufia 2, SoM, SoAL
#39mooninomicsPosted 1/15/2013 12:15:46 PM
Sand_Coffin posted...
I stay far away from Season Passes. There has yet to be a game I've been interested in every piece of DLC for. I'm not going to think "Oh yay I like -insert game here- so I'll just blindly buy the pass e/o even knowing what it is I'm getting!"

I generally avoid season passes as well. I'm not very big on getting DLC for most games, I'm often perfectly content with just having the base game. Only some games actually get me interested in DLC in the first place, and usually I pick and choose what to get anyway.

Though I do think it's kind of funny that the games that I'll buy every single DLC for (ahead of time, without even knowing what they are) are usually the ones without a season pass.

As for BL2, I don't know. I haven't bought any of them yet. It's not that I don't want them, I'm just too lazy to put in my info to purchase them. I'll get around to it eventually, sometime, probably, maybe, perhaps.
---
Are you suggesting that moon should get off his ass and write some stories? He's like the Stephen King of gamefaqs. - Sorbz
#40Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 12:21:51 PM
So the consensus among people defending this is not that they like the DLC or why its good, but that most DLC is crap so it's okay we got crap, we still saved money, didn't know what you're getting into, oh, and that quality shouldn't be guaranteed.

Pretty weak IMO. You know what would've saved me money? If I bought the Torgue DLC only. But it's not really about the money. It's the little effort they're putting into these. If you look at Skyrim, it's DLC is leagues better than this. Even BL1 IMO had better DLC, (except Moxxis underdome). I've purchased 4 season passes. MK, and Halo 4 are pretty good. This is the worst. Even worse than Gears 3 that its first DLC came out like a week later and was disk locked content. But it came back with the Raam campaign and some solid maps. If it weren't for Torgue, this game would have the worse DLC probably in the history of DLC.

I mean, have any of you even payed Fallout 3 or New Vegas? It's DLC was stellar, so don't start saying all DLC is crap. BL2 DLC has proven to be pretty crap.

Worst part is GB is outsourcing it. They could give a flying **** if their customers are satisfied.
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz