Season pass is starting to be a huge rip off...

#41gamerzorPosted 1/15/2013 1:23:26 PM
"You bought a product and the issue here is that you don't like the product, NOT that the product was a ripoff."

If you don't like the product you buy, and you believe the product is at fault, aren't you being ripped off?

Anyways, I think it is almost always good for us to be critical of these big game companies. The more critical we are, and the more complaining we do, it can only mean good things for us, individual gamers, in the future, because they will take note and make their next installments better or else they won't make the money. It's simple as that.

And defending them, what good does that do for you? unless you are an employee for them? you don't get paid, you don't get a cookie, you don't get a pat on the head.

But I don't mean to criticize like at everything, just some valid criticisms are good, like this one, maybe the season pass was dissapointing (compared to ones before), and they rushed it, didn't put enough effort/time in it, etc. it's a valid concern.
#42the13thhereticPosted 1/15/2013 1:26:01 PM
Chrono Trigger Rules posted...
and rofl at all the white knight fanboys in this topic too dumb to even realise theyve wasted a lot of money xd

White Knight Chronicles was a pretty good game, if not a little grind happy. But I don't know why you are talking about that game here. This is the Borderlands 2 board.
---
GT: Jestergrin13
#43Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 1/15/2013 1:33:29 PM
If you don't like the product you buy, and you believe the product is at fault, aren't you being ripped off?

Believing the product is at fault does not make the product truly at fault. TC doesn't like the product, that doesn't mean it's the product's fault. BL2 DLCs are the same core formula as the game, add more content, enemies, quests, loot, and bosses. They're doing their job. Whether or not you like those additions and are satisfied with them is another thing.

It'd be totally different if people bought the season pass and then the DLCs ended up being TOTALLY different from the game - entirely different gameplay, no new guns, changes to the core system, etc etc. At least then people would have a platform to complain on. People would REALLY have a platform to complain on if the DLCs arguably didn't expand, as if their job - as in, they didn't add any new areas, no new enemies, no new quests, just maybe a gun or two. That would be a ripoff.

If I buy a home gym, then don't get ripped like the people on TV even though I did everything exactly as instructed, I can feel ripped off. If I buy a home gym, don't ever use it, don't get ripped, and also don't like the way it looks cluttering up the corner of my living room, I don't really have any grounds to complain the manufacturer of the product.

So the consensus among people defending this is not that they like the DLC or why its good, but that most DLC is crap so it's okay we got crap, we still saved money, didn't know what you're getting into, oh, and that quality shouldn't be guaranteed.

For the record, quality shouldn't be guaranteed because they didn't guarantee it. That said, I don't actually see anyone making that argument so I don't know where you're coming from. BL2 DLCs do the same thing as the FO expansions you hailed: they add more of the base content. FO added new areas, more quests, weapons, dialogues, etc etc. BL2 does the exact same thing. The problem here is that YOU don't like the BL2 expansions, and YOU feel they're not up to snuff. That's subjective, not objective. What is objective is that you got all of the services you were promised.
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am. - http://tinyurl.com/bestgfaqstopic
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers
#44gamerzorPosted 1/15/2013 1:36:52 PM
^ did you read what I wrote about the criticism vs defending big game company? my point is right there.
#45Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 1:42:14 PM
Unpure_Euphoria posted...

Believing the product is at fault does not make the product truly at fault. TC doesn't like the product, that doesn't mean it's the product's fault. BL2 DLCs are the same core formula as the game, add more content, enemies, quests, loot, and bosses. They're doing their job. Whether or not you like those additions and are satisfied with them is another thing.

It'd be totally different if people bought the season pass and then the DLCs ended up being TOTALLY different from the game - entirely different gameplay, no new guns, changes to the core system, etc etc. At least then people would have a platform to complain on. People would REALLY have a platform to complain on if the DLCs arguably didn't expand, as if their job - as in, they didn't add any new areas, no new enemies, no new quests, just maybe a gun or two. That would be a ripoff.

If I buy a home gym, then don't get ripped like the people on TV even though I did everything exactly as instructed, I can feel ripped off. If I buy a home gym, don't ever use it, don't get ripped, and also don't like the way it looks cluttering up the corner of my living room, I don't really have any grounds to complain the manufacturer of the product.

So the consensus among people defending this is not that they like the DLC or why its good, but that most DLC is crap so it's okay we got crap, we still saved money, didn't know what you're getting into, oh, and that quality shouldn't be guaranteed.

For the record, quality shouldn't be guaranteed because they didn't guarantee it. That said, I don't actually see anyone making that argument so I don't know where you're coming from. BL2 DLCs do the same thing as the FO expansions you hailed: they add more of the base content. FO added new areas, more quests, weapons, dialogues, etc etc. BL2 does the exact same thing. The problem here is that YOU don't like the BL2 expansions, and YOU feel they're not up to snuff. That's subjective, not objective. What is objective is that you got all of the services you were promised.

Okay, tell me, if you played FO3 DLC, are you honestly going to tell me BL2 DLC is as good? We're talking whether or not this is a ripoff. I don't see how it's not. They're basically giving you a whole lot of filler with no substance. It's not even useful in terms of raising level cap. No reason to play it at all, not even to level up once you unlock TVHM.
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#46Chrono Trigger RulesPosted 1/15/2013 1:46:13 PM

Hello there gearbox employee!

Nobody in their right mind would think we got our money's worth with these 3 terrible dlcs which basically should have been part of the game.

If this was their first game release then I might understand it, but as it stands BL1 + the DLC was better than this game... Its a giant cashgrab
---
Best RPGs to date: CT, Lufia 2, SoM, SoAL
#47Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 1/15/2013 1:47:30 PM(edited)
Which I liked more is subjective and irrelevant. I'm not going to retype that entire paragraph just to make the same point.

From: Chrono Trigger Rules | Posted: 1/15/2013 3:46:13 PM | #046
Its a giant cashgrab

I'm sorry, when was DLC not about making money?
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am. - http://tinyurl.com/bestgfaqstopic
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers
#48Chrono Trigger RulesPosted 1/15/2013 1:48:04 PM
Which I liked more is subjective and irrelevant. I'm not going to retype that entire paragraph just to make the same point.

What you saying is if you order food in a restaurant they can feed you WHATEVER CRAP THEY LIKE because well... you ordered food and they gave you food

XD XD XD sheep logic for life dude
---
Best RPGs to date: CT, Lufia 2, SoM, SoAL
#49spfurm01Posted 1/15/2013 1:52:04 PM
I haven't played Hammerlock's DLC yet, but I can say this: I bought the season pass and have no issue with what it is. If I enjoy a game I'll probably pick up most of the content-dlc for it. A season pass saves me money for things I know I'm going to buy.

Honestly Scarlett and Torgue were not bad DLCs. The issue is that we can compare them to Knoxx's DLC, which tbh is one of the best DLCs ever made for any game.
---
We know Gavorn's tricks! We leave!
#50Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 1/15/2013 1:52:30 PM
From: Chrono Trigger Rules | Posted: 1/15/2013 3:48:04 PM | #048

What you saying is if you order food in a restaurant they can feed you WHATEVER CRAP THEY LIKE because well... you ordered food and they gave you food

XD XD XD sheep logic for life dude

Wow if what I have is sheep logic then I am totally okay with that because I don't even wanna know what kind of logic you need to have to come to that conclusion. That's totally not at all what I said. If you buy BL2 season pass and they give you access to COD map packs, you should be very upset. Likewise if I order steak and they give me shrimp, I won't be happy.
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am.
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers - any game, any gamer! Love games? So do we.