Season pass is starting to be a huge rip off...

#61Chrono Trigger RulesPosted 1/15/2013 2:13:56 PM
Unpure_Euphoria posted...
From: Chrono Trigger Rules | Posted: 1/15/2013 4:09:36 PM | #057
Once again, they said this would be their biggest and best, they werent, therefore they lied and your analogy is crap

Link to an article where they claim this, and I'll give you an ounce of credibility. Then point out how those terms are still subjective.

Nah Im done with this discussion, 90% of the players feel we got hustled I dont really care if you dont agree, just dont expect BL3 to be a hit after they raped their most loyal (Season pass buyers) costumers.

And what I talked about is easily found with google.
---
Best RPGs to date: CT, Lufia 2, SoM, SoAL
#62TeepotPosted 1/15/2013 2:15:14 PM
I don't recall them ever claiming this would be the 'biggest and best' dlc they've ever delivered. Sounds like you're just making garbage up.
---
Bad biscuits make the baker broke, bro.
#63Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 2:15:22 PM
Which I liked more is subjective and irrelevant. I'm not going to retype that entire paragraph just to make the same point.

From: Chrono Trigger Rules | Posted: 1/15/2013 3:46:13 PM | #046
Its a giant cashgrab

I'm sorry, when was DLC not about making money?

It may be subjective, but I don't think any rational person would say BL2 DLC even lights a candle to it. And it is completely relevant because it shows that there are vastly better products out there making this DLC, a huge ripoff.

I know you're probably just playing devils advocate for the sake of argument, or trolling, but you must have low standards if you convince yourself this DLC was the biggest and best DLc like GB advertised.
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#64scarletspeed7Posted 1/15/2013 2:15:38 PM
Jesus Christ, are we serious here?

Gearbox is a company. Gearbox was aware of desire prior to the game's release that people would be interested in by copious quantities of DLC based on their previous BL title. Therefore, Gearbox offered an alternative to people who enjoy extending their gaming experience past the main installment of a title that reduced the cost of said extension if an individual purchased it early.

It's like buying a collector's edition of a game and then complaining that you don't like your Halo helmet or your Skyrim pictorial accompaniment even though you KNEW that there was a chance prior to purchase that you may not find it within your aesthetic tastes.

I am in fact one of these people who have found some iterations of the DLC to be lesser in quality than I had hoped. However, having played it all, I recognize that the sale was worth it because I would have played it all anyway.

If you have a problem with Gearbox's business practices or consider this a waste of money, remember that your SUBJECTIVE opinion is not an OBJECTIVE fact.

Honestly, this society of entitled know-it-alls who can contribute nothing but opinions is destroying the ability of gamers to have positive conversations in a social forum dedicated to titles they enjoy.
---
No matter what you think of me, this will always be worse:
www.youtube.com/fritz0x3
#65Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 1/15/2013 2:21:57 PM(edited)
Lol surprise, surprise.

EDIT: got ninja'd by a few people here.
From: Chrono Trigger Rules | Posted: 1/15/2013 3:54:26 PM | #051
GB hyped this DLC as the best

From: Chrono Trigger Rules | Posted: 1/15/2013 4:09:36 PM | #057
Once again, they said this would be their biggest and best

you must have low standards if you convince yourself this DLC was the biggest and best DLc like GB advertised.

Why do I suddenly have a strange case of Fregoli delusion?
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am.
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers - any game, any gamer! Love games? So do we.
#66PanopictonguyPosted 1/15/2013 2:17:20 PM
gamerzor posted...
"You bought a product and the issue here is that you don't like the product, NOT that the product was a ripoff."

If you don't like the product you buy, and you believe the product is at fault, aren't you being ripped off?

Anyways, I think it is almost always good for us to be critical of these big game companies. The more critical we are, and the more complaining we do, it can only mean good things for us, individual gamers, in the future, because they will take note and make their next installments better or else they won't make the money. It's simple as that.

And defending them, what good does that do for you? unless you are an employee for them? you don't get paid, you don't get a cookie, you don't get a pat on the head.

But I don't mean to criticize like at everything, just some valid criticisms are good, like this one, maybe the season pass was dissapointing (compared to ones before), and they rushed it, didn't put enough effort/time in it, etc. it's a valid concern.

1. WTF
2. lmao

If you buy a product and YOU don't like it. Chances are you didn't do enough research. After reading your first post you obviously bought the wrong game. all. guns on this game are fine. You are never at any point in time suppose to one shot.everything if it takes multiple clips to down an enemy that is EXACTLY how it should be. If you luck up and get an OP gun or build your character just right to where you are one shotting things in one area, good for you, you some what understand the game and how to exploit enemy weakness.

Lastly gearbox is not a big game company. As far as I can tell DLC production has been outsourced to a 3rd party because they do not have the manpower to keep people on this after development.

As far as defending them, who gives a crap. they are grown men and women they can defend themselves and the product they created. What I hate is poor logic. The logic of "I didn't like the product you sold me, therefore it is bad and you ripped me off is stupid." They didn't guarantee you who are not a Borderlands fan would enjoy this game. Hell they didn't guarantee the game would be exactly what you wanted.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#67TheHunger82Posted 1/15/2013 2:19:14 PM
Which I liked more is subjective and irrelevant. I'm not going to retype that entire paragraph just to make the same point.

Its a giant cashgrab

When it's free.
---
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
GamerTag : TheHunger82
#68Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 2:22:53 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
gamerzor posted...
"You bought a product and the issue here is that you don't like the product, NOT that the product was a ripoff."

If you don't like the product you buy, and you believe the product is at fault, aren't you being ripped off?

Anyways, I think it is almost always good for us to be critical of these big game companies. The more critical we are, and the more complaining we do, it can only mean good things for us, individual gamers, in the future, because they will take note and make their next installments better or else they won't make the money. It's simple as that.

And defending them, what good does that do for you? unless you are an employee for them? you don't get paid, you don't get a cookie, you don't get a pat on the head.

But I don't mean to criticize like at everything, just some valid criticisms are good, like this one, maybe the season pass was dissapointing (compared to ones before), and they rushed it, didn't put enough effort/time in it, etc. it's a valid concern.

1. WTF
2. lmao

If you buy a product and YOU don't like it. Chances are you didn't do enough research. After reading your first post you obviously bought the wrong game. all. guns on this game are fine. You are never at any point in time suppose to one shot.everything if it takes multiple clips to down an enemy that is EXACTLY how it should be. If you luck up and get an OP gun or build your character just right to where you are one shotting things in one area, good for you, you some what understand the game and how to exploit enemy weakness.

Lastly gearbox is not a big game company. As far as I can tell DLC production has been outsourced to a 3rd party because they do not have the manpower to keep people on this after development.

As far as defending them, who gives a crap. they are grown men and women they can defend themselves and the product they created. What I hate is poor logic. The logic of "I didn't like the product you sold me, therefore it is bad and you ripped me off is stupid." They didn't guarantee you who are not a Borderlands fan would enjoy this game. Hell they didn't guarantee the game would be exactly what you wanted.

There was no research to be done. I bought the season pass because I like BL1, and thought the DLC for BL1 was pretty good too. So based on prior iterations most of us thought this would follow suit but they didn't. They didn't even make the DLC themselves. So compared to their previous title, as well as compared to other games which feature season passes, this games DLC is bad, and you basically paid extra for Torgue DLC only. You're arguing not based on the quality of the DLC, but because technically they made extra content which qualifies as DLC, but said DLC is believed to be substandard by a large majority of the BL2 community.
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
#69Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 2:24:50 PM
TheHunger82 posted...

Its a giant cashgrab

When it's free.

People like to forget that there are still companies that give free DLC. Even CoD, the so called rehashed cash grab has given out free maps. GASP! No I are GB honorary employee we must pay for everything, and if it sucks its the fans fault.
---
#70Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 1/15/2013 2:26:16 PM(edited)
There you go trying to impose your opinions as fact again.

Even free DLC is a marketing plot to encourage more DLC purchases.
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am. - http://tinyurl.com/bestgfaqstopic
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers