Season pass is starting to be a huge rip off...

#71pookiejinPosted 1/15/2013 2:27:09 PM
seems to me that a level cap was the main reason anyone keeps playing. now, i know this isnt like a cool talent point or anything, but there are the Badass points. which are a level increase of sorts. incremental but there you go.

you are all saying that you have achieved all the BA ranks for all areas?

if thats true, then you have played all this game has to offer, why again are you here complaining that you spent a multitude of hours in a game? A game that you liked so much that you decided to give more money to for the SP.

i dont see the issue other than the DLC was not what you wanted. not that its actually that bad. sure its not Gearbox's best work, but the game is obviously fun no matter how you slice it.

i bought the SP over the holiday, after not having played for a few months. i enjoyed returning to Pandora. Scarlett DLC was funish, i liked the pirate stuff but it was nothing special.
Torgue DLC was only fun because of the screaming,swearting, ignorant meathead announcer. if he wasnt there it would have been a boring 4 hours. three boss fights, and a few fetches.... whoop. agian nothig special but fun.

paying ~7.50$ per 4+ hours is plenty good in my book. no rip-off there. if it was 7.50$ for an hour of play, then i would complain.
#72Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 2:29:25 PM
Unpure_Euphoria posted...
There you go trying to impose your opinions as fact again.

Even free DLC is a marketing plot to encourage more DLC purchases.

I wish GB gave out pirates booty free. I wouldn't have bothered with the rest.

Hey guy, you want to buy this book? It's great, and you can even pay for extra chapters ahead of time, but he doesnt tell you that they're written by the authors cousin who is retarded. That shouldn't affect the story.
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#73scarletspeed7Posted 1/15/2013 2:29:47 PM
Mixorz posted...
People like to forget that there are still companies that give free DLC. Even CoD, the so called rehashed cash grab has given out free maps. GASP! No I are GB honorary employee we must pay for everything, and if it sucks its the fans fault.

If you purchase a product where the primary result of said product is to create a subjective form of entertainment that needs to appeal to the subjective interpretations of aesthetics of individuals not involved in said product's creation, there is no guarantee that the aforementioned product will meet everyone's standards.

Gearbox offered a season pass with the tacet understanding being that, by purchasing DLC in advance (and regardless of quality), you would be receiving a marked-down price compared to first-day buyers. Nothing more.

You don't go to a movie theatre and ask for a refund when a Twilight film sucks. You made the choice to attend that film and pay money. When a theatre therefore offers a matinee price, you don't complain about the quality of the film you attended because your ticket was cheaper.
---
No matter what you think of me, this will always be worse:
www.youtube.com/fritz0x3
#74Chrono Trigger RulesPosted 1/15/2013 2:30:12 PM

oh yeah we forgot only our opinions are facts right? XD THIS GUY!! XD
---
Best RPGs to date: CT, Lufia 2, SoM, SoAL
#75lt519Posted 1/15/2013 2:31:28 PM
I agree TC, I got slammed months ago when I complained about the quick DLC and outrageous prices. I still haven't downloaded/played any on principle, but the reviews have been less than stellar for 2 of the 3.
#76Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 2:31:43 PM
pookiejin posted...
seems to me that a level cap was the main reason anyone keeps playing. now, i know this isnt like a cool talent point or anything, but there are the Badass points. which are a level increase of sorts. incremental but there you go.

if thats true, then you have played all this game has to offer, why again are you here complaining that you spent a multitude of hours in a game? A game that you liked so much that you decided to give more money to for the SP.

i dont see the issue other than the DLC was not what you wanted. not that its actually that bad. sure its not Gearbox's best work, but the game is obviously fun no matter how you slice it.

i bought the SP over the holiday, after not having played for a few months. i enjoyed returning to Pandora. Scarlett DLC was funish, i liked the pirate stuff but it was nothing special.
Torgue DLC was only fun because of the screaming,swearting, ignorant meathead announcer. if he wasnt there it would have been a boring 4 hours. three boss fights, and a few fetches.... whoop. agian nothig special but fun.

paying ~7.50$ per 4+ hours is plenty good in my book. no rip-off there. if it was 7.50$ for an hour of play, then i would complain.

In a game that is entirely grind and loot, I think people would like the level cap raised, you know, continue the core experience of the game.

And you do know you can walk to the park and play basketball for free. BEST VALUE EVER. It's like a bunch of kids here that think GB is their boyfriend.
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#77Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 1/15/2013 2:32:24 PM
From: Chrono Trigger Rules | Posted: 1/15/2013 4:30:12 PM | #074

oh yeah we forgot only our opinions are facts right? XD THIS GUY!! XD

Find me one time I've tried to posit my opinion as some kind of objective standard or fact. Just one, and I'll formally apologize then shut up.
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am. - http://tinyurl.com/bestgfaqstopic
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers
#78kiwimyweeweePosted 1/15/2013 2:32:41 PM
pookiejin posted...

if thats true, then you have played all this game has to offer, why again are you here complaining that you spent a multitude of hours in a game? A game that you liked so much that you decided to give more money to for the SP

It would be cool if gearbox did something like reset all the challenges after you complete so many or something. That way you could continually get stronger while your enemies stay the same.

If only gearbox would do stuff like that.
---
They're not going to say no because of the implication.
#79sonicteam2k1Posted 1/15/2013 2:33:59 PM
I just want a level cap increase
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#80PanopictonguyPosted 1/15/2013 2:34:00 PM
Mixorz posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
gamerzor posted...
"You bought a product and the issue here is that you don't like the product, NOT that the product was a ripoff."

If you don't like the product you buy, and you believe the product is at fault, aren't you being ripped off?

Anyways, I think it is almost always good for us to be critical of these big game companies. The more critical we are, and the more complaining we do, it can only mean good things for us, individual gamers, in the future, because they will take note and make their next installments better or else they won't make the money. It's simple as that.

And defending them, what good does that do for you? unless you are an employee for them? you don't get paid, you don't get a cookie, you don't get a pat on the head.

But I don't mean to criticize like at everything, just some valid criticisms are good, like this one, maybe the season pass was dissapointing (compared to ones before), and they rushed it, didn't put enough effort/time in it, etc. it's a valid concern.

1. WTF
2. lmao

If you buy a product and YOU don't like it. Chances are you didn't do enough research. After reading your first post you obviously bought the wrong game. all. guns on this game are fine. You are never at any point in time suppose to one shot.everything if it takes multiple clips to down an enemy that is EXACTLY how it should be. If you luck up and get an OP gun or build your character just right to where you are one shotting things in one area, good for you, you some what understand the game and how to exploit enemy weakness.

Lastly gearbox is not a big game company. As far as I can tell DLC production has been outsourced to a 3rd party because they do not have the manpower to keep people on this after development.

As far as defending them, who gives a crap. they are grown men and women they can defend themselves and the product they created. What I hate is poor logic. The logic of "I didn't like the product you sold me, therefore it is bad and you ripped me off is stupid." They didn't guarantee you who are not a Borderlands fan would enjoy this game. Hell they didn't guarantee the game would be exactly what you wanted.

There was no research to be done. I bought the season pass because I like BL1, and thought the DLC for BL1 was pretty good too. So based on prior iterations most of us thought this would follow suit but they didn't. They didn't even make the DLC themselves. So compared to their previous title, as well as compared to other games which feature season passes, this games DLC is bad, and you basically paid extra for Torgue DLC only. You're arguing not based on the quality of the DLC, but because technically they made extra content which qualifies as DLC, but said DLC is believed to be substandard by a large majority of the BL2 community.

That post wasn't for you. He didn't so reaearch, he said he was bored of BL and complained about all the guns being trash except purples and oranges which is only a matter of damage.

I got a deal on DLC's I'm happy with my purchase. They added all kinds of extra content to the base game which already had a ton of content. Also iirc Gearbox only developed Knoxxx & Robolution.

As far as the argument.

1. Quality is subjective.
2. They did not guarantee or advertise a certain level of "quality."

Your argument has no grounds. You were no ripped off. You paid for 4 DLC that are projected to be released before July 2013. So far you have gotten everything. Advertised.

*pardon my random punctions my phone randomly doesn't allow me to space unless I put a punction.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.