C/D: Fleshstickers complain most loudly about the level cap

#81iOutlawTornPosted 1/16/2013 4:38:58 PM
Well I think we can all only speak from experience. Here's my experience with the game. I like it. I played through legitimately all the way both playthroughs with my Siren. Then I had my Mechro that I did PT1 legit. Then I got Fleshsticked. Then I had a Gunzerker, Assassin, and Commando powerleveled. Then I made two more characters which I beat one more playthrough legit.

When they released the nerf on the Bee I was like, "Oh. Well that sucks. Guess I'll try different shields and weapons."

Would I like a level cap increase? Yeah probably. But I don't know why. I would just have to go back and farm all my damn guns and shields and whatever else again. Sure...it would enhance the life of this game. As long as I keep getting new content I'm going to keep playing.

I don't think these DLC are particularly great but I say that knowing full well Gearbox outsourced them and already going into each DLC knowing it's just an ADD ON and not a completely new expansion where it will change everything.

I bought this game for 60 dollars and spent another 30 on the Season Pass. I think I am getting and I got my money's worth. But that's just me. This is my opinion and mine alone. If you don't like it then that's your opinion but honestly I'm confused. You complain so much about something then there can only be two possible outcomes. One, you don't like it (and downright hate the new content so much and lack of good new content) that you stop playing. If this is the option you chose...then why the goop are you here complaining? Two, you complain yet continue to play and shell out money. If this is the case...stop it. Stop spending money/wasting your time. Wait until a DLC comes out and the vast majority says, "THIS IS JUST LIKE GENERAL KNOXX OMG!!!" Then get that one.

They said a long time ago right around when this was announced that there wasn't going to be a level cap increase with this DLC. Why are you surprised they followed through with that?
#82JatonPosted 1/16/2013 6:09:24 PM
Panopictonguy posted...

I have nothing to input in this discussion, but I like your username. I like that band.
---
That's right, kneel before me.
How do you like the view now!?
#83MixorzPosted 1/18/2013 4:22:15 AM
demaka posted...
Jesus, if you people hate this game so much.. STOP playing it. The stupidity in this thread is enough to make me vomit.

I'm actually not playing it. Currently enjoying Happy Wars, Far Cry 3, and started playing Super Street Fighter 4 again. I only played recently because Big Game Hunt came out. It's bad. This game is going back on the shelf until the last DLC is released. Hopefully it actually adds so,e substance to the game.
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#84havok718Posted 1/18/2013 4:27:24 AM
Dat nostalgia
#85PanopictonguyPosted 1/18/2013 4:49:20 AM
Jaton posted...
Panopictonguy posted...

I have nothing to input in this discussion, but I like your username. I like that band.

It was actually suppose to ve Panopticon Guy. But it was 4am and I misspelled it.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#86PanopictonguyPosted 1/18/2013 4:56:04 AM
Mixorz posted...
demaka posted...
Jesus, if you people hate this game so much.. STOP playing it. The stupidity in this thread is enough to make me vomit.

I'm actually not playing it. Currently enjoying Happy Wars, Far Cry 3, and started playing Super Street Fighter 4 again. I only played recently because Big Game Hunt came out. It's bad. This game is going back on the shelf until the last DLC is released. Hopefully it actually adds so,e substance to the game.

There is no way possible to add substance to a game centered around loot. It's the loot your after...not the levels.

The game is a repition of level 4-50 over and over and over and over.

Do quest
Get guns
Do quest
Get guns

Story was tacked on for the people that begged for it. This game isn't suddenly going to becomes Skyrim, Mass Effect, or Deus Ex. Raising the level cap will change nothing. Everything you did from 4-50 will be exactly what you do beyond 50.

Every gun that everyone was in such a rush to get at level 50 does exactly what iy would do at lvl 1. Level does not change the guns, shields, or relics. The numbers just get higher. You people are obsessed with numbers getting higher. This game is about the guns, not the numbers.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#87MixorzPosted 1/18/2013 10:30:10 AM
Panopictonguy posted...
Mixorz posted...
demaka posted...

There is no way possible to add substance to a game centered around loot. It's the loot your after...not the levels.

The game is a repition of level 4-50 over and over and over and over.

Do quest
Get guns
Do quest
Get guns

Story was tacked on for the people that begged for it. This game isn't suddenly going to becomes Skyrim, Mass Effect, or Deus Ex. Raising the level cap will change nothing. Everything you did from 4-50 will be exactly what you do beyond 50.

Every gun that everyone was in such a rush to get at level 50 does exactly what iy would do at lvl 1. Level does not change the guns, shields, or relics. The numbers just get higher. You people are obsessed with numbers getting higher. This game is about the guns, not the numbers.

Game is grind and loot driven. GRIND being the first. Yes it does need to increase the level cap to become playable.
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#88ish0turfac3Posted 1/19/2013 4:58:23 PM
megaddtd posted...
Chrono Trigger Rules posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
Not really, I think it's just people who don't understand RPG's. I play with a guy who wants a cap increase, he was talking about it when we were all at level 30. As far as I know he doesn't have a single level 50 Character...>_>

Name one single RPG that had an expansion without adding more levels? YOU dont get RPGs

Most recently; Fallout 3 didn't up the level cap until the third DLC. Skyrim hasn't yet. That's two. Then there's also Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3, which had DLC but no level increases.

Lol mass effect is a rpg. Da2 sucked. And skyrim has no level cap.
---
GT: ish0turfac3 - Nintendo ID: ish0turfac3
\\//ulcan4life
#89ThirtyThr33Posted 1/22/2013 8:54:02 AM
I got two and a half of my characters to 50 legit, but got tired with going through the motions soI Fleshstick'd my final 3 classes to 50 so that I can enjoy the game with friends and eb whatever type of build they need me to be. But what I REALLY came to post about, was this:

Panopictonguy posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
Not really, I think it's just people who don't understand RPG's. I play with a guy who wants a cap increase, he was talking about it when we were all at level 30. As far as I know he doesn't have a single level 50 Character...>_>

Name one single RPG that had an expansion without adding more levels? YOU dont get RPGs

Every Elder Scrolls Game.

Wrong, skyrim adds more skilltrees thus making you gain a higher level (since you dont max it anyways on a legit playtrough)

Um, no the hell it didn't. The vampire and werewolf trees did not help level you up. No other "skill trees" were added.
---
Saving the whales-an agenda for some. Nuking them sits well with me.
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#90VegetallPosted 1/22/2013 9:01:42 AM
i played my commando and mechro up to 50 legit, and then realized how much i disliked my mechro, so after that i was afraid of another let down, so i fleshsticked a siren (giggity) and i love her, my mecho hasnt been touched...

but i started a gunzerker legit since i havent played since torgue DLC...

but without a new lvl cap i doubt i will be playing anytime soon or the new DLC....

i dont care about collecting legendarys or duping, i just want a fun game, and they are slowly losing me....

i to play happy wars which same is just becoming a grind

and dishonored is a bit TOO repeditive for me, but im going to finish it