34 days total playing time

#51TheManlyManateePosted 1/16/2013 11:15:12 PM
Got a legendary killing knuckle dragger my first play through ever with a buddy. At the time I didn't even know orange meant legendary. Safe to say he was pretty mad when he saw me destroy things with the weapon for the next 9-10 levels while he was struggling.
---
Now Playing: Fallout 3, Borderlands 2, CoD: BO2
#52Master XPosted 1/16/2013 11:33:58 PM
Over the last fortnight's play I've probably found half a dozen oranges. Once I started farming I started getting plenty. Of course this is in TVHM with 2-players split screen. Probably had another half-dozen before that. Of course this is for both players, me and my bro. Only 1 character (except that one I made to re-get VHR which glitched lost, and to boost BA, which is pointless since I've gotten multiple resets that don't re-tally my BA points back up right).)
---
GAMERTAG: Casperstar X "For those of you wondering whether the above made sense, you've just answered your own question."
#53captain_tylorPosted 1/16/2013 11:35:03 PM
You have to farm bosses (and mini-bosses) to get legendaries.
Some guaranteed ways to get some legendaries - kill Terramorphous (one SOT class mod always) or pay Torgue tokens.
#54PanopictonguyPosted 1/17/2013 2:48:53 AM
havok718 posted...
havok718 posted...
That guy on youtube with the legendary guides... he has found almost every legendary in the game legit, and on video. I dont think any of it was from chests. And I'm pretty sure it was done in less time than 34x24 hours playtime. You guys just dont know how to farm.

Do efficient boss runs. Do it with 3 friends.

He admitted to farming Doc Mercy a grand total of 20 times before giving up. While at the same time admitting to killing flesh stick for up to 4hrs.

Backwards logic is backwards.

I don't even understand what point you're trying to make. The guy has video of himself personally finding 95% of the legendaries in the game.

Gave up on Doc Mercy? So he CG'd this whole video? Damn he's got mad skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y38OlaiB2ac

TC said he clocked 816 hours in the game and only got 9 legendaries. Clearly TC is the one doing something wrong. I have 1/3 of that time played and found over double that amount, and never did moonshot or treasure room stuff. My first legendary ever was on my first character, when I decided to farm Doc Mercy. Took a bit over an hour until I got a level 7 Infinity. Considering I was getting a lot of exp for those nonstop boss kills, while doing challenges like second wind off a badass, I didnt even think of it as farming. I got the Hornet twice just playing the game on 2 out of 6 characters (only one knuckledragger kill each playthrough). Got the grenade off boom first playthrough on one of my characters too. My best farm run (not including invincibles) was 5 legendaries in 3 hours efficiently farming all the bosses in Dust.

I was talking about TC...>_>
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#55PanopictonguyPosted 1/17/2013 2:54:38 AM
NoahRay posted...
Itt: panopticon exhibits severe nerd rage that someone enjoys a game more than he does.

If your panties are in such a wad over how people play VIDEO GAMES, then maybe you should wipe the three months worth of cheeto dust out of your fat crevices and go outside for a day.

OLD_MAN_GAMER posted...
thank you to all the people that understand what im saying. having to kill the same guy more than 20 times to maybe get a high level legendary isnt farming, its torture.

helping good people level up and cutting up on the mic, while duping, learing new exploits , making new friends- thats a whole different thing-.. thats why we called it a "flesh stick party" i know lots of you dont know how to party- join us and we can show you how. but those that know the party ways- you know who you are- dont stop rocking!

and to the guy posting copies of the old flesh stick offers- look at how many of those were on the same day you dope.

You're right he obviously enjoys playing BL more than me. That's why he plays it as if it's Myspace. I always knew Borderlands was a Social Networking game, I just couldn't figure out how to play it right. So he spent roughly 6 to 7hrs a day since launch social networking...in Borderlands. Yep, i'm sure he enjoys the actual game, very much.

I'm gonna go play the actual game now.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#56havok718Posted 1/17/2013 3:08:38 AM
I was talking about TC...>_>

Ahh that makes more sense then!
#57Kpt_KapowskiPosted 1/17/2013 6:21:59 AM
Ringlercorp posted...
Laylow12 posted...
Learn to

Thanks.

Also, 151 orange in 600 hours? That's only 1 orange every 4 hours. That is insane. I mean, good job for getting those legitimately, but my god.

This just proves why duping is so popular.

if it proves anything, it proves how lazy and entitled dupers are.
---
Green Bay Packers 2012: 12-6 :(
#58RinglercorpPosted 1/17/2013 6:35:14 AM
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
Ringlercorp posted...
Laylow12 posted...
Learn to

Thanks.

Also, 151 orange in 600 hours? That's only 1 orange every 4 hours. That is insane. I mean, good job for getting those legitimately, but my god.

We will have to agree to disagree. There is no way I have time to put in 4 hours of grinding, only to have one orange item poop out. The drop rates are insane. I would rather spend my time questing.

Work, sports (HOCKEY IS BACK), beating my wife, social life, etc all get in the way of my gaming. I don't mind grinding for a killer item (I did this in Lost Odyssey) but there is just no way I can justify spending that kind of time looking for all these different oranges.

I would rather grind in real life for real money, and get some dupes off the generous BL2 community, rather than the opposite. The real lazy and entitled people are the ones that do not have a job and leech off the system.
---
NOPE! It's just Chuck Testa.
#59Kpt_KapowskiPosted 1/17/2013 7:24:44 AM
Ringlercorp posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
Ringlercorp posted...
Laylow12 posted...
Learn to

Thanks.

We will have to agree to disagree. There is no way I have time to put in 4 hours of grinding, only to have one orange item poop out. The drop rates are insane. I would rather spend my time questing.

Work, sports (HOCKEY IS BACK), beating my wife, social life, etc all get in the way of my gaming. I don't mind grinding for a killer item (I did this in Lost Odyssey) but there is just no way I can justify spending that kind of time looking for all these different oranges.

I would rather grind in real life for real money, and get some dupes off the generous BL2 community, rather than the opposite. The real lazy and entitled people are the ones that do not have a job and leech off the system.

Did you seriously just imply that I'm a no life leech?
---
Green Bay Packers 2012: 12-6 :(
#60RinglercorpPosted 1/17/2013 9:03:02 AM
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
Ringlercorp posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
Ringlercorp posted...
Laylow12 posted...
Learn to

Thanks.

Did you seriously just imply that I'm a no life leech?

No I wasn't talking about you specifically, just in general.
---
NOPE! It's just Chuck Testa.