So how is the Hammerlock stuff?

#1ICantNameGudPosted 1/16/2013 5:45:08 PM
I only bought the Pirate DLC so far. I have heard Torgue was good and actually worth it. What's the new one like? People seem disappointed =\
---
And when I'm feeling stuck and need a buck, I don't rely on luck... because The Hoook brings you baaack, I ain't tellin' you no lies
~CoD devs
#2legendX66Posted 1/16/2013 5:57:00 PM
very short but adds cool new weapons and a lot of fun enemies to fight. it is very fun and worth the cost if you like new varied creatures and imo a very different and excellent setting.
---
legendX66-Ten Tails H4X and Troll H4X Sexy secretary of Haxem Rangers
Thinking is the hardest kind of work, which is probably why so few engage in it.
#3ICantNameGud(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 6:04:58 PM
legendX66 posted...
very short but adds cool new weapons and a lot of fun enemies to fight. it is very fun and worth the cost if you like new varied creatures and imo a very different and excellent setting.

How short is very short? I've played the 3 characters that interest me to death and from what I understand there's no level progression for a few weeks? Likely seperate from the DLC it seems, too.
---
And when I'm feeling stuck and need a buck, I don't rely on luck... because The Hoook brings you baaack, I ain't tellin' you no lies
~CoD devs
#4legendX66Posted 1/16/2013 6:10:55 PM
no level cap not that that effects gameplay. If you rush it can be a few hours but won't last long. it makes up for it it the great setting and new enemies though imo.
---
legendX66-Ten Tails H4X and Troll H4X Sexy secretary of Haxem Rangers
Thinking is the hardest kind of work, which is probably why so few engage in it.
#5Mysticman89Posted 1/16/2013 6:14:08 PM
I got the 'done that' achievement for completing every single quest in a single sitting kind of short.

Monsters and such are fun I suppose (virtually every side quests culminates in a boss), making it somewhat better than a number of people make it out to be, but it's really short. If you like farming bosses great, but torgue is almost certainly the superior DLC.
#6ICantNameGud(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 7:04:57 PM
Mysticman89 posted...
I got the 'done that' achievement for completing every single quest in a single sitting kind of short.

Monsters and such are fun I suppose (virtually every side quests culminates in a boss), making it somewhat better than a number of people make it out to be, but it's really short. If you like farming bosses great, but torgue is almost certainly the superior DLC.

I don't like to farm. How are the areas then I guess? That seems like it would be the deciding factor. I'd rather run mobs if the enemies are good. I like areas like Sawtooth Cauldron or that Crazy Guy and the rusty ships in the pirate DLC.

I'll probably get everything eventually, but is the general consensus that Torgue is better overall?

I know the lack of a level cap doesn't affect gameplay but I would rather play through it at the higher cap and the only non 50 characters I have are 13,13,12 and 15.
---
~CoD devs