gear, the character, or me

#1TheFabulousRBKPosted 1/16/2013 9:31:55 PM
I have a level 33 ZER0, on TVHM. Am I doing something wrong, is my gear just bad, or am I supposed to drop like a like a brick thrown out a window? I'm playing solo so maybe that's it? Is ZER0 meant for co-op as supporting fire only? Also hate that I can melee for 30-40,000 damage and people in liar's berg shrug it off. No point to numbers that huge.
---
GT: Chrysalis tCQ
#2xHuckleberryPosted 1/16/2013 9:35:13 PM
Go cunning and get Kunai, as they will pretty much take care of anything with high HP pools.

Melee only works once you have collected certain gear. Which im sure you dont have.
#3TheFabulousRBK(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 9:37:10 PM
xHuckleberry posted...
Go cunning and get Kunai, as they will pretty much take care of anything with high HP pools.

Melee only works once you have collected certain gear. Which im sure you dont have.

The answer would lie with the one skill tree I haven't tried yet, huh? Thanks for your help.
---
#4avril14Posted 1/17/2013 1:02:01 AM
It kinda gets better later on. And then it gets tough again. And so forth. Gear is really a huge thing to keep up in TVHM and even then...some of these clowns have insane HP.
---
Besides, tigers don't go around making stupid arguments about different servers being different 'dimensions'. They just eat people. - Ruzinus
#5Kai_ningPosted 1/17/2013 2:17:24 AM
Can't be the gear, melee Zero works without having to upgrade your gear once you get it in pt1.

A lv 16 Law pistol
an lv 26/28 order shield (mine had around 800 hp, just get it as late as possible in pt1 (or earlier as possible and a second time as late as you can. Tough i am not sure reward actually scale a little in pt1)
an infiltrator or ninja class mod. The 2 line ones are really good and they can be dropped as a quest reward in DLC1.
You can even add a sheriff's badge to shot faster and thus get buff faster or a melee relics to get some melee bonuses. Getting a lv 27 or 28 law from the sheriff at the end of pt1 couldn't hurt the start of pt2 by the way.
bonus point, a pt1 rapier for enemies with higher hp like super badasses.

that's enough to chain kill everything with MMF as a melee zero correctly speced.
You have to be carefull on how you set your buff because it will be either get kill without doing anything or you kill everything without getting hit with backstab execute.
And i do mean everything, even super badasses. You need some meatbags to kill before to get the most out of deception damages bonuses but that's still doable with a rapier. Or even without, it's just easier.

If you are going as a sniper, get a bee shield and only do crits. If you get to close to the enemies, pop out deception and flee to safer ground.
#6TheFabulousRBK(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 2:23:23 AM
Kai_ning posted...
Can't be the gear, melee Zero works without having to upgrade your gear once you get it in pt1.

A lv 16 Law pistol
an lv 26/28 order shield (mine had around 800 hp, just get it as late as possible in pt1 (or earlier as possible and a second time as late as you can. Tough i am not sure reward actually scale a little in pt1)
an infiltrator or ninja class mod. The 2 line ones are really good and they can be dropped as a quest reward in DLC1.
You can even add a sheriff's badge to shot faster and thus get buff faster or a melee relics to get some melee bonuses. Getting a lv 27 or 28 law from the sheriff at the end of pt1 couldn't hurt the start of pt2 by the way.
bonus point, a pt1 rapier for enemies with higher hp like super badasses.

that's enough to chain kill everything with MMF as a melee zero correctly speced.
You have to be carefull on how you set your buff because it will be either get kill without doing anything or you kill everything without getting hit with backstab execute.
And i do mean everything, even super badasses. You need some meatbags to kill before to get the most out of deception damages bonuses but that's still doable with a rapier. Or even without, it's just easier.

If you are going as a sniper, get a bee shield and only do crits. If you get to close to the enemies, pop out deception and flee to safer ground.

Thanks for this elaborate...thing. Yay, I get to return to melee zero once I stop having fun with the ridiculous burst that is kunai...
---
#7Kai_ningPosted 1/17/2013 4:15:21 AM
Yeah well, kunai are fun but when you truly get how to impale everything well, nothing can compare to staying in deception all the time.
Maybe, maybe gunzerking all the time. I couldn't know for sure though, my xbox died while i was starting the gunzerk...
Anyway, having to think on how you are going to kill a cluster of enemies and not just "shooting everything that comes in sight" also add more depth that the game have. And kinda need it too to stay fun too.

Remember grenades are awesome in deception. Either singularity or transfusion. Stormfront are nice once you reach lv 50 even more with a slag eviscerating ruby and a great roid shield.
#8captain_tylorPosted 1/17/2013 5:45:13 AM
Zer0 is weakest character by far. I have lvl 50 Maya and Zer0, and Zer0 die like 10 times more often. Zer0 excels only in melee, and melee just does not scale good enough.
#9oXBornToKillXoPosted 1/17/2013 6:13:39 AM
have you tried a high roid love thumper shield and an eviscerated slag rubi pistol? Law and Order suck compared to those two. I have no problems owning this game on TVHM or thrashing raid bossess with those two items. Might of the Seraphs almost makes Zero over powered. Thoughts and opinions?
#10xHuckleberryPosted 1/17/2013 6:22:23 AM
So you know, you "should" be able to get a Thumper shield and Rubi pistol at lv19 in Pt1.

I would still suggest rolling kunai/snipe tree until you get near 50 or to 50. Spending some time learning maps and possible spawn points for enemies is never a bad thing for zero.