Two complaints about drops in this game (not legendary related)

#1MoukaryuuPosted 1/17/2013 11:10:42 AM
Launcher ammo is stupid rare. Why? It costs an arm and a leg and it isn't like I can hold a ton of it, so why hold out on it? It's irritating when certain enemies require a ridiculous amount of damage to take down (constructor 2.0 in front of Hero's Pass, I'm looking at you). Get killed a few times attempting to take that enemy down and you're out of ammo with no machine nearby.

Relics and mods. Where are the relics that are better than white quality? I actually got a choice of two white relics from one of the near end of game TVHM quests. That is BS. Almost no relics drop and when they do, they're nearly always white. I don't get that at all. I'm still using a level 28 one at level 50. Same goes for mods. Rarely does a decent one ever drop for my class. I remember that being an issue in the original game too, but damn if it isn't far worse now.

/endrant
---
Joy puking my face off
#2Jambi_ManPosted 1/17/2013 11:22:37 AM
Just a tip here... Snipers are most effective against BA constructors. The one you refer to, take a sniper(corrosive if possible, but not essential), and there are little three foot tall and five feet long walls that if you stand behind, give you complete cover against his attacks(even homing rpg's). You can shoot his crit from there. Easy breezy.
---
TOOLarmy 4 life. Spiral Out.....
#3I have no namePosted 1/17/2013 11:27:59 AM
I never bother with rocket launchers on comstructors. Just stand way back out of missile range and snipe the eye.
---
You're the stranger, ain'tcha? Are you looking for a nice, clean place to stay?
Madam, I had a nice clean place to stay... and I left it, to come here.
#4Moukaryuu(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 11:31:51 AM
Corrosive is the one element type that almost never drops for me. It's 20% slag, 30% electricity, 25% fire, 5% corrosive, 20% explosive. More or less. I didn't have a corrosive weapon at all when I got to that point, but after I killed the warrior, I had several. Figures, lol. That fight with the constructor took me from $1.4M to $400K. Good thing the vending machines are worthless, but launcher ammo is $32K a pop now.
---
Joy puking my face off
#5danishjuggler21Posted 1/17/2013 11:36:18 AM
If they threw tons of launcher ammo at you, you would never need any other weapon. It's a game balancing issue - launchers are powerful, but have expensive ammo. Also, no enemy in this game truly calls for rocket launchers - sniper rifles are the weapon of choice against constructors, shotguns against stalkers, etc. Correct use of elemental damage and slag makes non-launcher weapons far more efficient than launchers, and arguably more effective. Don't rely on launchers for tough fights - just use them for fun or to clear large groups of little guys.

As for your second complaint, I agree they can be rare. Fortunately one can get by without relics entirely. Class mods, though, are far more beneficial. The sheer number of different class mod types (several for each of five characters) makes it pretty obvious why you rarely find the one you want. If they add more characters in future DLC, it will only exacerbate this issue.

NOW GO PUNCH SOME BAD GUYS IN THE DICK!!!!!
---
XBOX Live Gamertag: danishjuggler03
"I refuse to quote myself in my signature - I've always thought people who do that are lame." - danishjuggler21
#6Nintendo guyPosted 1/17/2013 11:42:12 AM
danishjuggler21 posted...
If they threw tons of launcher ammo at you, you would never need any other weapon. It's a game balancing issue - launchers are powerful

This. Launchers are ridiculously powerful in this game. There's a good reason the ammo is both rare and expensive.
#7atomicbreathPosted 1/17/2013 11:44:28 AM
1. Been said already but snipers are the best for those...or I like to run up with my gunzerker and dual pistols right into his eye...doesn't take long and I usually finish with low health or bust out of FFYL when it dies.

2. I've played the game for a while now and it always seems like the relics are the last items to be upgraded through leveling/endgame. They are out there. You just have to take a little time to look through the loot. I've found relics worth keeping from farming the warrior, terra, and pete. Once in a while there are decent blue relics from Bar Fight in Pete's bar.
---
Fact because it's science. ==============================================
#8mooninomicsPosted 1/17/2013 12:02:38 PM
I agree with class mods, but that's really to be expected when you consider how many different combinations there are. However, some types of class mods seem to drop more often than others.

It seems like for every "Beast" or "Berzerker" class mod that drops, I'll see two dozen "Renegade" class mods. For every "Pointman" class mod that drops, I'll see two dozen "Rifleman" class mods. For every "Roboteer" class mod that drops, I'll see two dozen "Punk" class mods.

Hell, my gunzerker is now level 42, and I've been using the same class mod since level 24 because I can't find anything better. Most of the time I can't even find the right kind of class mod.

*class mod drops*
"Hey, it's a Salvador class mod! I bet you ten to one it's a renegade of some sort."
*runs up to it*
"Suave Vengeful Renegade, would you look at that... *sigh*"

Relics are hit or miss, but I manage to find a decent amount of good blue/purple ones.
---
Are you suggesting that moon should get off his ass and write some stories? He's like the Stephen King of gamefaqs. - Sorbz
#9TsurukePosted 1/17/2013 12:17:36 PM(edited)
Jambi_Man posted...
Just a tip here... Snipers are most effective against BA constructors. The one you refer to, take a sniper(corrosive if possible, but not essential), and there are little three foot tall and five feet long walls that if you stand behind, give you complete cover against his attacks(even homing rpg's). You can shoot his crit from there. Easy breezy.

I beg to differ, a level 45 ~ 50 Slagga SMG will take down a BA constructor in seconds.
Although snipers are also effective.

So does the Blockhead I've noticed.
---
XBL GT/PSN: Tsuruke.
#10MosebysRangersPosted 1/17/2013 12:16:10 PM
Nintendo guy posted...
danishjuggler21 posted...
If they threw tons of launcher ammo at you, you would never need any other weapon. It's a game balancing issue - launchers are powerful

This. Launchers are ridiculously powerful in this game. There's a good reason the ammo is both rare and expensive.

Both these. The developers are big on keeping BL2 challenging. Thats why they even nerfed some of the items they created so far. They definitely do not RL's to be readily used at all times with ready replenishment of ammo around but rather the RL be a form of "The last ditch weapon to help out".