Two complaints about drops in this game (not legendary related)

#11Moukaryuu(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 1:48:08 PM
I really only use the launcher when I'm up against it with nothing better to do damage with. I have yet to find a sniper that's better than the one I have, which is not a good thing. Mine does 21K dmg but uses 3 bullets per shot, so I have to reload often and run out of ammo quick. That's the only reason I stopped using it so much. I have a great Good Touch but that's all but worthless against metal enemies.

With all the duping that goes on in this game, I find it very surprising that anyone would disagree with me on the launcher ammo drop rate. It's not like you guys are following any rules concerning balance by duping weapons that are supposed to be extremely rare and that make the game much easier.
---
Joy puking my face off
#12Jambi_ManPosted 1/17/2013 3:01:21 PM
Moukaryuu posted...
I really only use the launcher when I'm up against it with nothing better to do damage with. I have yet to find a sniper that's better than the one I have, which is not a good thing. Mine does 21K dmg but uses 3 bullets per shot, so I have to reload often and run out of ammo quick. That's the only reason I stopped using it so much. I have a great Good Touch but that's all but worthless against metal enemies.

With all the duping that goes on in this game, I find it very surprising that anyone would disagree with me on the launcher ammo drop rate. It's not like you guys are following any rules concerning balance by duping weapons that are supposed to be extremely rare and that make the game much easier.

Not everybody dupes. I don't choose to dupe myself, and I also agree that the launcher ammo is fine. If it's not working for you, then you should get better at productively using the ammo at hand. I rarely even use launchers myself. Actually, the only time I do is in TVHM for quick second winds if needed. If I were going to complain about low ammo, it would be sniper for sure.....but I won't do that. If the design of the game isn't catering to your needs, then you just have to find a new way to do things.
---
TOOLarmy 4 life. Spiral Out.....
#13Jambi_ManPosted 1/17/2013 3:20:57 PM
Tsuruke posted...
Jambi_Man posted...
Just a tip here... Snipers are most effective against BA constructors. The one you refer to, take a sniper(corrosive if possible, but not essential), and there are little three foot tall and five feet long walls that if you stand behind, give you complete cover against his attacks(even homing rpg's). You can shoot his crit from there. Easy breezy.

I beg to differ, a level 45 ~ 50 Slagga SMG will take down a BA constructor in seconds.
Although snipers are also effective .

So does the Blockhead I've noticed.

I won't argue about the nastiness of the Slagga, but that wasn't my point when refering to TC's topic. The guy is having trouble even finding corrosive weapons as a whole, and also about not having the gear he needed to effectively deal with said Constructor......so, am I going to assume he has a Slagga? No, I'm not. I was trying to give him constructive constructor(ha, did that on purpose) killing tactics for the gear he probably has. The BEST single weapon to use against a constructor is a different topic......and on that topic, I'll take the White Death all day.
---
TOOLarmy 4 life. Spiral Out.....
#14TsurukePosted 1/17/2013 3:25:39 PM
Jambi_Man posted...
Tsuruke posted...
Jambi_Man posted...
Just a tip here... Snipers are most effective against BA constructors. The one you refer to, take a sniper(corrosive if possible, but not essential), and there are little three foot tall and five feet long walls that if you stand behind, give you complete cover against his attacks(even homing rpg's). You can shoot his crit from there. Easy breezy.

I beg to differ, a level 45 ~ 50 Slagga SMG will take down a BA constructor in seconds.
Although snipers are also effective .

So does the Blockhead I've noticed.

I won't argue about the nastiness of the Slagga, but that wasn't my point when refering to TC's topic. The guy is having trouble even finding corrosive weapons as a whole, and also about not having the gear he needed to effectively deal with said Constructor......so, am I going to assume he has a Slagga? No, I'm not. I was trying to give him constructive constructor(ha, did that on purpose) killing tactics for the gear he probably has. The BEST single weapon to use against a constructor is a different topic......and on that topic, I'll take the White Death all day.

Ah, my apologies. I misinterpreted. Carry on with the contribution.
---
XBL GT/PSN: Tsuruke.
#15captain_tylorPosted 1/17/2013 3:48:55 PM
MosebysRangers posted...
Nintendo guy posted...
danishjuggler21 posted...
If they threw tons of launcher ammo at you, you would never need any other weapon. It's a game balancing issue - launchers are powerful

This. Launchers are ridiculously powerful in this game. There's a good reason the ammo is both rare and expensive.

Both these. The developers are big on keeping BL2 challenging. Thats why they even nerfed some of the items they created so far. They definitely do not RL's to be readily used at all times with ready replenishment of ammo around but rather the RL be a form of "The last ditch weapon to help out".

I tink launchers are not really that strong. You can reach similar DPS with other weapons. And much more, if you can reliably crit (Loader/Constructors). I keep launchers handy mostly for getting out of FFYL.

Also, if you play Salvador with relevant skills, you can fire from launchers nearly indefenitely.