Just finished BL1 for the first time. Felt it was good but had some issues...

#1TheIastspartanPosted 1/17/2013 4:47:58 PM
Just got into the series last week, since BL1 was 800 msp recently. I'm a big fan of RPG-shooters, so I decided to finally check it out. I enjoyed it, but it didn't find it as amazing as most people make it out to be. My main issue was lack of landscape variety. Most areas until the vault were just boring, brown wastelands, or some variation of it, and I got sick of it pretty fast. Enemy variety was also a lot smaller than what I'd expect from an rpg too. I also found the beginning painfully slow, but felt it picked up quite a lot once I reached Dahl Headlands.

Just my opinion. Does BL2 fix these issues, and is it worth picking it up if I didn't enjoy the first as much as most people? Thanks!
#2TheGameristPosted 1/17/2013 4:52:48 PM
TheIastspartan posted...
Just got into the series last week, since BL1 was 800 msp recently. I'm a big fan of RPG-shooters, so I decided to finally check it out. I enjoyed it, but it didn't find it as amazing as most people make it out to be. My main issue was lack of landscape variety. Most areas until the vault were just boring, brown wastelands, or some variation of it, and I got sick of it pretty fast. Enemy variety was also a lot smaller than what I'd expect from an rpg too. I also found the beginning painfully slow, but felt it picked up quite a lot once I reached Dahl Headlands.

Just my opinion. Does BL2 fix these issues, and is it worth picking it up if I didn't enjoy the first as much as most people? Thanks!

The landscape changes immensely from the first game, though in a-typical video game fashion, that is to say you have the usual run of the gamut (Snow, desert, lush green, crater-ish type areas). There's also a great deal of newer enemy types especially if you count the DLC. But the thing that I personally loved the most was the story and writing. Borderlands 1 had a boring, and as far as I'm concerned, pointless storyline. But the writing and story in 2 actually made me care.
#3king_ortisPosted 1/17/2013 4:53:30 PM
BL2 is much better. Highly recommend.
---
GT: KingOrtis
"Don't like me or my comments? Then GTFO..."
#4pOtEmKiN_1914Posted 1/17/2013 4:55:42 PM
But you will hate the gun and loot system in BL2.
---
You're either The New NEXUS or you're against Us
#5TheIastspartan(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 4:59:41 PM
pOtEmKiN_1914 posted...
But you will hate the gun and loot system in BL2.

Can you go into detail? I heard they changed the loot system, but I don't know much outside of that.

Anyways, glad to see this has more different types of landscapes. I got burnt out from all the browns really fast in the first.