Good way to tell if a weapon is better?

#1Creamy GoodnessPosted 1/18/2013 7:59:13 AM
My friend strictly uses sale price to determine if a weapon is better than what he has. Is this valid though?
---
And now we go to our man on the street. A normal looking guy with a weird name.
#2PanopictonguyPosted 1/18/2013 8:02:39 AM
No.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#3pothocketPosted 1/18/2013 8:03:18 AM
Sort of but not really. The sale price has nothing to do with the way he plays.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#4killbot357Posted 1/18/2013 8:19:17 AM
If you kill enemies more quickly, the weapon is better.
---
Currently playing: Minecraft: FTB, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition, Borderlands 2
#5DIVINExFABLEPosted 1/18/2013 8:44:02 AM
Nooo. The norfleet for example only has a sell price of like, 75k on average. At least that's how it is for me.
---
XBL GT: Karmosity
Believe it or not, He's the good guy.
#6genesis42Posted 1/18/2013 9:27:43 AM
Good way to tell if a weapon is better?

Um... try checking the stats?
---
GT: SevenDeadIySin
#7atomicbreathPosted 1/18/2013 10:21:34 AM
green arrows. This game is all about looking for more green arrows. More green arrows = better gun usually.

Also, I've found that pistols generally have a lower price than most other guns at the same rarity level and rocket launchers are higher.

Grenadier rifles certainly are not as useful as their sale price suggests. (usually much higher than other guns at that level)
---
Fact because it's science. ==============================================
#8Creamy Goodness(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 5:47:12 PM
Arrows don't always tell the whole story though if you're going from one weapon type to another.
---
And now we go to our man on the street. A normal looking guy with a weird name.
#9havok718Posted 1/18/2013 6:47:13 PM(edited)
Only way is to take the gun out and actually kill some enemies with it.
#10deadlyfredPosted 1/18/2013 6:50:17 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
No.

Yeah, not at all. If you have two of the same item, with the same prefix, then yeah, maybe it helps a bit to determine, but the best way is to test it.

I test at Marcus' and then I go out and run a level with the two items I'm comparing to get a better feel for what I like.

For example: I farmed for the Skullmasher and even though it's statistically better and priced higher than the White Death, I still prefer the White Death to take down baddies (mainly due to my average/poor aim).
---
XBL GT: Ki11er Six (ones instead of L's and a space between the two words)
Treasure Room glitch on Borderlands 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuvwzTuUhqc