I need help with death race tier 3 torgue dlc

#1Ray5555Posted 1/18/2013 5:44:21 PM
If you can help me I would be thankful.
GT:ray5555
---
I can't forgive him! Even if it costs me my body, and soul. He has to be punished, he has to be!!!- Kamille Bidan
Pokemon white FC: 4727 8710 3342
#2SECRETSQUIRRRLPosted 1/18/2013 5:46:48 PM
the only thing i can tell you is that it took me 40+ tries to get it...just remember, drive behind Moxxxi's, hit the jump and cot the bridge to the right as you fall off...the relic will help. i didn't have it and made it with 1 second to spare...it can be done, you just have to do it perfectly. if u run into anything or anyone ie the bikers, your done. GL!
#3Baze82Posted 1/18/2013 5:57:44 PM
Will be online in about 6 hours. Can help you then.
---
360 GT: Baze82 / Wii friendcode: 6698 2213 6029 5759 / Monster Hunter Tri EU-ID: AKGLZN, character: Venator
--- My common sense is tingling.
#4Ray5555(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 6:03:51 PM
I just missed it by a second
---
I can't forgive him! Even if it costs me my body, and soul. He has to be punished, he has to be!!!- Kamille Bidan
#5Ray5555(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 6:19:30 PM
I have no relic for racing
---
#6Forever ShadowedPosted 1/18/2013 6:41:45 PM
If you accept the mission then deploy the racer at the Catch-a-ride station there, you can choose to transport to it and just start going from there. It will begin the race and you should have a good head start before the countdown to begin is finished.
---
If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
#7dtc500Posted 1/18/2013 6:48:49 PM
You get a relic from the fat lady in The Dust as a mission reward during main quest. I beat the race without it. I sold it because it seemed useless at the time. I think it increased boost duration or speed and cooldown time. Tips.....get a rolling start. As long as you are on the pads, you can start driving as soon as "set" gets check marked. You have to play with the timing to see how far you can go before it resets and the race won't start. You will have to be in the checkered area still.
Boost from the start and always use it until it is used up. As soon as the boost is fully charged, use it again. Don't use the boost until it is fully recharged; there is a delay after use before it starts to recharge, even if there are bars left. You only want one delay between full boosts.
Following the advice above, you will be between your second a third boost when you get to the first bridge jump. Exit the ramp on the top right corner and you will land under the bridge and not be slowed down.
On the second jump, aim to land between the bridge supports if the boost isn't full. Cut off road and drive through the gas station looking building.
Second lap may time better to go on top of bridges with boots, so do so if able.
Continuous boosting and not hitting anything or being spun around will get you through. Had 1-3 seconds left max.
Good luck, took me many times to get it, so I know the frustration.
#8Forever ShadowedPosted 1/18/2013 6:55:47 PM(edited)
dtc500 posted...
You get a relic from the fat lady in The Dust as a mission reward during main quest. I beat the race without it. I sold it because it seemed useless at the time. I think it increased boost duration or speed and cooldown time. Tips.....get a rolling start. As long as you are on the pads, you can start driving as soon as "set" gets check marked. You have to play with the timing to see how far you can go before it resets and the race won't start. You will have to be in the checkered area still.
Boost from the start and always use it until it is used up. As soon as the boost is fully charged, use it again. Don't use the boost until it is fully recharged; there is a delay after use before it starts to recharge, even if there are bars left. You only want one delay between full boosts.
Following the advice above, you will be between your second a third boost when you get to the first bridge jump. Exit the ramp on the top right corner and you will land under the bridge and not be slowed down.
On the second jump, aim to land between the bridge supports if the boost isn't full. Cut off road and drive through the gas station looking building.
Second lap may time better to go on top of bridges with boots, so do so if able.
Continuous boosting and not hitting anything or being spun around will get you through. Had 1-3 seconds left max.
Good luck, took me many times to get it, so I know the frustration.

You can deploy and teleport to the vehicle and just start going as soon as you teleport without having to wait in the checkered area still. Just figure out the right times to use your boost and use the ramp, and you should be able to do it with 2-3 seconds left. The highest I was able to get was 4 seconds left. You don't need the relic. Hope this helps.
---
If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.