How strong is Zero for pure sniping?

#11mu695Posted 1/19/2013 9:06:17 AM
Make sure to choose the right sniper rifle, most people would recomend a Jackobs due to their huge critical hit damage bonues (which I cannot specify due to our old numbers apparently being wrong).
---
GT: dark reaper 175
That guy who duped everyone 600 million on Fable 2.
#12gunsndrosesPosted 1/19/2013 9:10:08 AM
mu695 posted...
Make sure to choose the right sniper rifle, most people would recomend a Jackobs due to their huge critical hit damage bonues (which I cannot specify due to our old numbers apparently being wrong).

If it took more than one shot... You weren't using a Jakobs.
#13resealablePosted 1/19/2013 9:17:41 AM
Critical ascension + moloko = death by laser show
---
Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will send me into a downward spiral of infinite despair.
#14bcon1208Posted 1/19/2013 10:17:03 AM
BongSabre posted...
He can 2, 3, and 4 shot most things.

You're obviously doing it wrong then.

TC, Zer0 is my one and only character and I can ONE HIT most enemies, even some bosses. You just have to get the right gear and setup. I didn't go for critical ascension as the enemies were all dying and I couldn't ever get stacks. I crit for millions on average. Don't listen to anyone who tells you otherwise. You just have to get the right gear, and be good at setting up your shots.
---
Loading Post... [|||||||||||||||||||||||__] 85% Complete...
lIl Nemesis lIl
#15Tec187Posted 1/19/2013 10:29:14 AM
This thread is full of....well something.

TC - Zer0 is the Glass Cannon of BL2 - weather you choose sniping or Melee, he will do extreme damage, with the right gear.

His Melee is better, but his sniping is awesome.

I have all 5 chars at 50, they all do well, but Zer0 is just in a class of his own.

I did a 550k (yea that's right) sniper headshot not 5 min ago, farming Savage Lee, with, and hold on tight, 0 points in the sniper tree - yup - I'm full Melee.
---
ULCE #: 12.834
~ "I don't need luck, I have ammo" ~ Grunt, ME3
#16gunsndrosesPosted 1/19/2013 5:19:25 PM
Tec187 posted...
This thread is full of....well something.

TC - Zer0 is the Glass Cannon of BL2 - weather you choose sniping or Melee, he will do extreme damage, with the right gear.

His Melee is better, but his sniping is awesome.

I have all 5 chars at 50, they all do well, but Zer0 is just in a class of his own.

I did a 550k (yea that's right) sniper headshot not 5 min ago, farming Savage Lee, with, and hold on tight, 0 points in the sniper tree - yup - I'm full Melee.

Wut

Melee Zer0 just feels wrong. Especially in a game centric on guns.
#17spidey_fanPosted 1/19/2013 5:45:37 PM
Well, sniping is the better option for me (with a proper class mod, relic, and of course, Bee), even though I got my major gamechanger for bloodshed already. Melee damage is only reliable when I'm in Decepti0n and running around naked with a depleted Love Thumper... which means death for Zer0 when he can't one shot a dude.

~22k vanilla damage for a lv50 melee hit is just so... little.
---
With great power comes great responsibility. Too bad I am 100% powerless, and there's nothing I can do about it.