Let's talk turkey: are you an RPG fan or FPS fan? You can't say "both".

#101CarpetfluffPosted 1/19/2013 2:28:12 PM
Unpure_Euphoria posted...
Is it just me or do all the posters seem insecure about how others view their gaming habits?

I don't know, but for my part I don't, and never have, cared what people think about what I play. If I'm enjoying it then I don't much care if I'm the only one on earth who is...but I don't understand why people want to pigeon-hole everything, like you can't be open minded and like one thing if you like another.
#102PanopictonguyPosted 1/19/2013 2:32:36 PM
Carpetfluff posted...
Unpure_Euphoria posted...
Is it just me or do all the posters seem insecure about how others view their gaming habits?

I don't know, but for my part I don't, and never have, cared what people think about what I play. If I'm enjoying it then I don't much care if I'm the only one on earth who is...but I don't understand why people want to pigeon-hole everything, like you can't be open minded and like one thing if you like another.

Re-read opening post.

He's asking for your preference. IF in a hypothetical situation you could only choose 1 single type of game ever. What kind of game can that be. You can not choose 2 preferences unless they are a combination of things into one thing which you prefer singularly.

Just because you prefer one thing does not mean you dislike and/or hate the other thing.

If you prefer RPG/Shooter hybrids over other types of games great. But the topic title is asking which do you prefer out of FPShooter or RPG.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#103CarpetfluffPosted 1/19/2013 2:37:30 PM
If that was how it was worded, I'd say fair enough, but neither his post not the topic headline are written that way. If that was the intent, then the TC didn't get it across.
#104Devilanse333Posted 1/19/2013 2:46:44 PM
FPS. My RPG desire only goes as far as Knights of the Republic, or Skyrim.
---
XBOX Live Gamertag: DevilAnse33v2
PSN: DevilAnse33
#105AllTerrainMTBPosted 1/19/2013 2:47:53 PM
SkyeVaschel posted...
RPG all the way.

I grew up on the original Final Fantasy's. RPGs are in my blood.

Exactly.... ditto here but I'm an open gamer I like FPS too.
---
GT:AllTerrainMTB
Your silence humbles me, You should be scared.
#106Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 1/19/2013 3:19:12 PM(edited)
If that was how it was worded, I'd say fair enough, but neither his post not the topic headline are written that way. If that was the intent, then the TC didn't get it across.

I got it right away from the TT alone, and the OP made it clearer. On top of that I think the entire first page reeks of the TC trying to make it clear with his replies.

I honestly cannot comprehend how someone WOUDLN'T take "RPG or FPS, you can't say both" as a hypothetical question. These people must have never played Sex, Shoot, Marry; Who'd You Rather?; You're Stuck On An Island; or MASH when they were in grade school. None of these things are meant to be taken seriously.

And my insecure comment was aimed directly at people like you who in your reply said the TC was trying to pigeonhole everything. That's exactly what I'm talking about, haha.
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am. - http://tinyurl.com/bestgfaqstopic
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers
#107BruceWayneJrPosted 1/19/2013 4:14:52 PM
Can I say "both"?

I'm gonna say "both".
#108Macdaddyruss1Posted 1/19/2013 4:17:13 PM
RPG
---
Satanism in Skyrim-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw7q2B-yhkk
#109CojiroseanPosted 1/19/2013 6:08:48 PM
I used to hate fps games, and I would only play jrpgs, but I play a bit of both now.
At the moment I'm playing Tales of Graces f, but a month ago I was playing Borderlands 2 and Far Cry 3.
#110namewitheldPosted 1/19/2013 7:01:09 PM
Im a Fallout fan.

I liked Blands for the shooting and enemy design. The mmo quests were a non-issue to me because the gunplay is so compelling.