Let's talk turkey: are you an RPG fan or FPS fan? You can't say "both".

#21SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 1/19/2013 1:28:59 AM
I don't specifically like either.

I only dabble with one or the other if I find it has other features that make it interesting or worthwhile.

For example, I don't touch COD games; I don't like the idea of a realistic shooter. It sounds boring. However, I don't mind using realistic guns in an abnormal setting.

It's all about setting and gameplay to me. I have a lot more fun shooting aliens with fireballs than I do fighting Russians with some 40 year old piece of military-standard munitions.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#22GujinKamiPosted 1/19/2013 1:31:11 AM
RPG's. Only FPS games I have access to are console shooters (lel) or Valve games.
---
~Gujin
http://i39.tinypic.com/v830c3.jpg http://i47.tinypic.com/op7mvk.jpg http://i49.tinypic.com/23j1t9z.gif
#23DerailerPosted 1/19/2013 1:37:57 AM
More on the RPG side. However, I like games such as Painkiller, Serious Sam and Clive Barker's Undying: all FPS.

I usually prefer action-RPG, however. Not too much a fan of turn-based stuff save for a few games (Shadow Hearts series, especially Covenant for example), which is why I enjoy the Star Ocean series, garbage their stories may be.
---
Ask me not of the future; ask me instead what fate is written in the deeds of the dead.
#24mdealassfaultPosted 1/19/2013 2:16:40 AM
I see nothing in this topic about cooking. TC lied to us all.
---
IZ U HURT! #hotdog2012
"It's dangerous to go alone, jerkwad!"
#25Kai_ningPosted 1/19/2013 2:20:39 AM
ICantNameGud posted...
but I'm not going to play "fight the RNG" for even one hour, it's not my thing.

That's actually a mechanics that originated on PC with mmo and in a way, fps (randomized pick up point in fps).
Not an rpg things. And you could say that rpg come from ultima and really old pc games but you are all talking about jrpg here, so i blame all the BS happening in Borderlands 2 on fps games.

So should everyone.
#26TwoBits54Posted 1/19/2013 2:28:51 AM
He cearly can't follow his own rules. He said you can't pick both, yet he is a fan of both of them. He even said it in his first post.
---
GT: TwoBits54
#27renzsweetPosted 1/19/2013 2:30:39 AM
Rpg by far. The only genre I like less than fps is sports. I am a war vet, too.
---
I praise the name of Jesus.
#28KevinCCPosted 1/19/2013 2:35:37 AM
RPGs all the way.

The only really good FPS I know of is Team Fortress 2.
---
...as opposed to an average game.
#29Cloud75xPosted 1/19/2013 2:41:02 AM
I like both...

elder scrolls, dead island, and far cry FTW
---
"That which does not become part of the one, shall become one with the void."
#30havok718Posted 1/19/2013 2:43:05 AM
FF8 only had the story going for it (even though it was pretty cheesy). The gameplay was crap. Having to draw 99 spells from enemies to power your stats was beyond tedious. Oh look a new enemy with a new spell to draw that's 2% better than the last one I just got 99 of... mother @#%^$#. I bought a Gameshark just to get through that game. I wish Youtube was around back then, I would have just watched all the cutscenes and be done with it.

You dont like RNG but like something equally as tedious as the draw system? Ok then...