Let's talk turkey: are you an RPG fan or FPS fan? You can't say "both".

#31The_HeapPosted 1/19/2013 2:02:17 AM
I don't like RPGs because they're generally terrible, I don't like FPSes because I'm not good at them. Good thing this game has very little of either.
---
ioioioioioio man
The Heap is short for heap of BS ~Slyfox729
#32DerailerPosted 1/19/2013 2:09:14 AM
havok718 posted...
FF8 only had the story going for it (even though it was pretty cheesy). The gameplay was crap. Having to draw 99 spells from enemies to power your stats was beyond tedious. Oh look a new enemy with a new spell to draw that's 2% better than the last one I just got 99 of... mother @#%^$#. I bought a Gameshark just to get through that game. I wish Youtube was around back then, I would have just watched all the cutscenes and be done with it.

You dont like RNG but like something equally as tedious as the draw system? Ok then...

8's story personally was terrible. Didn't like it one bit.

What saved the game for me though was the card game. And abusing the Junction system.
---
Ask me not of the future; ask me instead what fate is written in the deeds of the dead.
#33Pro_TacticianPosted 1/19/2013 2:10:00 AM
RPG. I do not look FPS what so ever. I don't see the appeal to them -AT ALL.-
#34synthetiksinPosted 1/19/2013 2:16:00 AM
RPG. Being able to customize a player is the main reason.
#35PanopictonguyPosted 1/19/2013 2:29:36 AM
Kai_ning posted...
ICantNameGud posted...
but I'm not going to play "fight the RNG" for even one hour, it's not my thing.

That's actually a mechanics that originated on PC with mmo and in a way, fps (randomized pick up point in fps).
Not an rpg things. And you could say that rpg come from ultima and really old pc games but you are all talking about jrpg here, so i blame all the BS happening in Borderlands 2 on fps games.

So should everyone.

dice rolls were a core component of Dungeons & Dragons. RNG is near synonymous with RPG.
I prefer RPGs.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#36chaoscontrol325Posted 1/19/2013 2:43:17 AM
RPG. If you would've asked RPG or TPS it would've been hard, though.
---
PSN: Lazuri65 XBL:LazuriXIII
If you don't write you're from GameFAQs and what board in the friend request, you will be denied.
#37ToboeAkaPosted 1/19/2013 2:45:35 AM
RPG fan definitely, I would have to say it is my favorite genre. I don't mind some FPS games, but for the most part I generally don't play them. BL2 blends the RPG element really well in my opinion, to be a very fun game.
---
GT: AdvisoryCrane8
#38PanopictonguyPosted 1/19/2013 2:47:55 AM
TwoBits54 posted...
He cearly can't follow his own rules. He said you can't pick both, yet he is a fan of both of them. He even said it in his first post.

Just because. You're a fan of one doesn't mean you have to hate the other. This is the problem with GameFAQS.

He has a preference towards shooters but he can appreciate a quality rpg. I have a preference towards RPGs but I can enjoy all games.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#39HotsumaruPosted 1/19/2013 3:07:07 AM
RPG fan here borderlands is almost the only FPS I like I've tried quite a few but mainly I don't like them.
#40NevercomingdownPosted 1/19/2013 3:13:04 AM
RPG
---
GT: Elesp || PSN: DestroyTheEnd
Ron Paul 2012: Because voting for other candidates whose main supporters are big banks and the wallstreet elite is un-American.