Let's talk turkey: are you an RPG fan or FPS fan? You can't say "both".

#51zooknutPosted 1/19/2013 5:48:43 AM
let me be the first to answer FPS's I don't have patience for most rpg's but I sure as hell love shooting things and blowing things up with purpose aahhh feels good to get that off my chest
#52R2BDSiPosted 1/19/2013 5:56:32 AM
FPS all the way, RPG are generic nowadays.
#53Fishlover2004Posted 1/19/2013 6:22:34 AM
RPG's are my favorite genre. I like character building and leveling attributes more than just mindless shooting.
#54ZephyriuumPosted 1/19/2013 6:30:48 AM
SkyeVaschel posted...
RPG all the way.

I grew up on the original Final Fantasy's. RPGs are in my blood.

This, i didn't grow up with the originals FFs since i'm very young, but i played RPGs since i was a little kid, and i never liked FPS, i tried playing many different FPSs but they're still boring...
---
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3, so close and so far...
http://www.abload.de/img/narutovsraikageaxexr.gif
#55TerraUniversePosted 1/19/2013 6:31:06 AM
I like both. They're both so different. ItI don't see why you can't like both. I mean in theory if you're asking for an absolute favorite, then yes you would have to narrow it down to one, but if you're just asking if someone likes something, you can definitely highly enjoy playing them both.

Also an RPG can have "new stuff" and "varied environments" and you can play a FPS with "progression" and "fully exploring things." You can also spend one or two hours or more in just one room in a FPS. Try playing a FPS like Mass Effect or Halo on the hardest difficulty.

Borderlands is definitely more of an RPG.
#56Benny-26Posted 1/19/2013 6:46:51 AM
RPG all the way. FF VIII is my fav also TC.

Only FPS games i really enjoy are the Timesplitters games, those were special.
#57MaximoomPosted 1/19/2013 6:49:01 AM
I like both.

Lets say 2 two great games are launched, one rpg and the other a fps. I surelly buy the rpg first, and may buy the fps later.
#58SoggyWormPosted 1/19/2013 7:05:14 AM(edited)
People are getting so offended by the TC saying you can't say both when I'm pretty sure he isn't some FPS fanboi like "NO RPGS SUCK, SO CHOOSE ONE". TC wants to know what you prefer. I'll be honest and say I like both, but I PREFER RPGs or shooters with RPG elements. My favorite FF is also 8. Though I don't think I played much of 9 and I definitely like the look of it.

I mean I like Mass Effect 2 and 3, 1 was good as well because it was more an RPG with shooter elements than a shooter with RPG elements. Yes I know Mass Effect is third person, but just pointing out that a lot of shooters I like usually have some amount of RPG elements to them.

Though I do like normal shooters too, BF3 is my favourite shooter, but I even have and enjoy a bit of CoD: Blops 2 every now and then.
---
GT: SoggyWorm (8+ years)
PSN: SoggyWorm (3 years)
#59MEFreak1984Posted 1/19/2013 7:00:22 AM
Technically, I'm both, but If I can only pick one... It would have to be RPG's.
---
XBOX Live Gamertag: FangBanga84
"Friends Don't Let Friends Drink Starbucks"
#60DarthVashtiPosted 1/19/2013 7:32:28 AM
RPG

I used to be a fan of FPS but I found I really don't like that type of game anymore. I think it would be awesome if Gearbox did a TPS version of Borderlands. But not call it Borderlands that way purists are still happy.