Let's talk turkey: are you an RPG fan or FPS fan? You can't say "both".

#91LeTHaL_PiRaTePosted 1/19/2013 12:54:57 PM
I enjoy both though in their own way if they are together.

Dead Island, Fallout, Skyrim, Borderlands, Red Dead Redemption.

A normal FPS never really did it for me (CoD Campaign) and a traditional RPG doesn't do too much anymore (I enjoyed FFX and X-2). I only enjoy games that have an openworld, FPS, and RPG rolled into one. At least for my mainly single player games.

I think I broke your rule, but I explained my points on both sides so I'd say it works.
---
GT: LeTHaL PiRaTe
Futa - You're gonna like what you see
#92CarpetfluffPosted 1/19/2013 1:41:11 PM
Of course you can say both. Nothing's mutually exclusive. I'll happily play most types of game on any machine they happen to be available for.
#93DemonicChaosXXPosted 1/19/2013 1:47:44 PM
Oliver_Stark posted...
Both.

There, I proved you wrong, I can in fact say it.

Me too.
---
It's a point and click adventure where the only action is "use gun" on "man". - vidgameking84
#94julio77777Posted 1/19/2013 1:52:36 PM
If I had to choose I'd say RPGs but I do like FPS too...
#95Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 1/19/2013 1:57:43 PM
Is it just me or do all the posters seem insecure about how others view their gaming habits?
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am. - http://tinyurl.com/bestgfaqstopic
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers
#96BombermanXPosted 1/19/2013 2:05:15 PM
SkyeVaschel posted...
RPG all the way.

I grew up on the original Final Fantasy's. RPGs are in my blood.

Ditto for me too. The first RPG I played was Final Fantasy 7. It was amazing, I was a fan of RPG's ever since. I have played all of the earlier and later Final Fantasy's too. I do enjoy my FPS though.
---
When I'm concentrating, I never have more than one drink before dinner, but I do like that one to be large and very strong and very cold and very well-made.
#97PR_FiascoPosted 1/19/2013 2:09:04 PM
RPG all the way. Shooters nowadays are pathetically bad.
---
GT: Prophex Fiasco
Founder, Co-owner, Patron and Star Dancer of The Bar with No Name
#98SyserinPosted 1/19/2013 2:11:41 PM
RPG but i play both. The underlying mechanics of a FPS are ALWAYS the same, from game to game, that's why FPS tend not to change much aside from different guns. RPGS you at least have to look forward to a different story, characters and gameplay every game.
#99VirtusEtIgnisPosted 1/19/2013 2:19:59 PM
RPGs for me! Borderlands 2 was a gift from the Gearbox Gods because, before it, I only had Call of Duty to like for first person shooters. Halo's story was cool but the combat was lame as could be. Borderlands is both and RPG and an FPS but I definitely like the combination. The RPG part is, in my opinion, what set it apart!
#100savagechild89Posted 1/19/2013 2:27:00 PM
if i could only play one for the rest of my life, id have to go with RPG
---
PSN: Savagechild89