Does modded gear exist in this game? (not asking for any, just wondering."

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Does modded gear exist in this game? (not asking for any, just wondering."
3 years ago#1
Once again, i am not asking for weapons or anything to cheat.

The reason i ask is because back on Borderlands 1 i joined a game and someone dropped 100 or so cracked sash shields. I picked one up and later found out it has some insane health and nothing could deplete it or even damage it, even Crawmerax. Never used it in an online game though. Only used it with my real life Borderlands friends in our own private games. If i was online i switched to my legit shield.

Just curious if that kind of stuff still goes on in BL2, or if Gearbox did anything to prevent that. I don't really play Online games, i usually still just play with my real life friends in private games.
---
http://www.facebook.com/MEmarauder - Marauder Shields Facebook page.
3 years ago#2
yup it still exists :)
3 years ago#3
they did change some things to try to prevent it.

1. you have to keep most modded gear in your bank whenever you shut your game off. if it is in your inventory, it will be deleted.

2. they way the modded weapons are made is different now and the stats on them aren't the same. you can't just make a shield that has such a high amount of a capacity that you won't ever die like BL1. You have to create the gear from a bunch of different things like the parts(barrel, stock, etc), chose a manufacturer and add other things like titles and prefixes to the name of the gear. This allows you to create what is called "hybrid" gear. An example of this would be something like a pistol that can shoot rockets. So the things you can make aren't as powerful as BL1 but you can come up with a bunch of things that are cooler.
3 years ago#4
yu,p but with the evil smasher glitch, modded gear isn't really needed...
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Does modded gear exist in this game? (not asking for any, just wondering."

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived