How do you beat jackenstein w/o souped up guns?

#1blingbling078Posted 1/19/2013 11:36:50 AM
Dont have the uber rare guns people speak about here. How do you even hurt him im using my best gun and shooting the stuff on his back and nada.. Proactive plamsa cutter dark purple rarity hyperion gun that does fire damage
#2Flow_149Posted 1/19/2013 11:41:34 AM
I basically just used an explosive rifle + tesla grenades + deathtrap to win the fight. In his last stage I was alternating between running away and firing on him when deathtrap was up. *shrugs*
Someone else here probably has a much better strategy though.
#3resealablePosted 1/19/2013 11:52:25 AM
blingbling078 posted...
Dont have the uber rare guns people speak about here. How do you even hurt him im using my best gun and shooting the stuff on his back and nada.. Proactive plamsa cutter dark purple rarity hyperion gun that does fire damage

If you prefer to earn your legendary weapons or don't want to ask for any then use a gold key. I got some hand guns with them that made all the difference in TVHM.
---
Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will send me into a downward spiral of infinite despair.
#4blingbling078(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 11:54:13 AM
Where do u get keys?
#5Flow_149Posted 1/19/2013 11:56:44 AM
Title Screen> Extras> Shift Codes
I think I saw some shift codes floating around earlier but idk if they're still active.
#6Stormkid5Posted 1/19/2013 12:01:46 PM
http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Golden_Key

Use that link then scroll to the bottom, you'll find quite a few codes
---
//NVBM//
Everything above is opinion unless otherwise stated as fact
#7PanopictonguyPosted 1/19/2013 1:03:04 PM
Shoot him in the back with a shock gun...run....shoot...run.

When robots spawn shoot them with a corrosive gun...run...shoot...run.

Repeat until both generators are destroyed.

Shoot him in the chest with a shock weapon when he tries to rain death on you.

These strategies generally involve evasion. It'll probably be easier with a grounded shield. I however used a high end booster shield and I did this with a Siren.

It sucks you're having trouble with him. The fight right after him is insane.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.