Go farm it yourself

#1smurfsn1p3rPosted 1/19/2013 3:40:02 PM
This is not a "I'm better then you for farming my own gear topic" I am mearly suggesting that people should not expect, and feel entitled to everything in the game without working for it.

All these LF dupe topics are pretty sad. Kids today feel entitled to everything the game has, but has no desire to actually play the game to get them.

When I see randoms running around with duped Infinities, after I spent 3 months hunting for it off and on made me sick. Here we have people with top tier equipment and they barely have 2 days worth of game time. The first Infinity landed on top the electric generator where I couldn't reach it, but I continued to hunt for it, and got it.

Don't even get me started on the level 50's with 30minutes game time.

I would have loved to seen them try and grind for loot in Diablo II, they would cry for hours and complain it is unfair that they actually had to work for their gear.

The only things I dupe are the items i find, and back up the saves incase something happens.

Before you even say it, I have a life outside games. All it takes is just a little initiative and some time.

Since the game was released i have found all legendary mods(terra and Vermi), Infinity, Neogenerator, Norfleet, WTF, Bee, Hide of terra, Breath of terra, Shredifier, all heads and skins, and countless other legendary gear

I would rather help someone farm an item, as it will increase the life span of the game for me.

Just my opinion.

*Waits for a duper or someone who has 98% of their gear duped to come and flame me, and say that no one cares about my opinion, then will continue to interject their own opinions and claim it as a fact.*
---
Skyrim has become this gens Final Fantasy VII.
#2Devilanse333Posted 1/19/2013 3:45:05 PM
I would think that someone who has a "life outside video games" wouldn't care so much about something so insignificant.

I'm not a duper, nor have I taken any duped items. Its not because of some misguided sense of digital honor I have....its because in my time playing this game...I haven't befriended any players who dupe things.

If a duper entered my game and offered me a powerful gun...I'd take it in a second.
---
XBOX Live Gamertag: DevilAnse33v2
PSN: DevilAnse33
#3VOLCOM333Posted 1/19/2013 3:51:44 PM
No u
---
"Know your pro athletes before you try to spell their names please....(It's) McGuire" -- brewcrew125
#4kmaldingonePosted 1/19/2013 3:52:37 PM
It is your opinion, and you have a right to have it. I'm am just wondering one thing, if you don't mind me asking, how much total play time do you have on this game?
---
GT: Kmalding1045
#5ShichikaPosted 1/19/2013 3:56:09 PM(edited)
Personally i see both sides, of this and im not going to tell you your wrong or anything like that but what i do have to say is there are two choices to this game, you can dupe or farm. I think both are good, they both come with their own disadvantages, dupping is the more so harder side to see. It would be nice if everyone could just play the game how they wish to play it but with both sides, duppers and non-duppers always fighting its hard to do so. I myself dupe i have my reasons and one of them is that my endless joy with this game comes for having many different options in gear and abilities i can mix together, I greatly love the customization and this is what makes this game shine to me, if i couldn't dupe i'd still play for this exact reason but i can and it is the option that best goes with what i greatly enjoying doing with this game.

edit: i also feel i hsould say i dont always dupe, i do have weapons that i saw and thought to myself i want this, i want to get this on my own bc its that cool.
---
GT: zeroreaperX5
#6PanopictonguyPosted 1/19/2013 3:55:26 PM
Devilanse333 posted...
I would think that someone who has a "life outside video games" wouldn't care so much about something so insignificant.

I'm not a duper, nor have I taken any duped items. Its not because of some misguided sense of digital honor I have....its because in my time playing this game...I haven't befriended any players who dupe things.

If a duper entered my game and offered me a powerful gun...I'd take it in a second.

It's a few things that make the duping thing unbearable.

1. It clutters the living **** out of messages boards. I mean god, where is the game discussion? People come, ask for crap, leave to never return and discuss anything. Or people with no interest in discussing the game come and give things away all day.

2. People who believe this is how the game is suppose to be enjoyed. I don't care if you dupe, but when people come into my game and spew **** everywhere, then ***** at me because I don't take any of it. That's a problem.

3. It screws up the MP experience. It would be much to go into detail about how duping has diminished a large component of the game while at the same time gimping player ability. In short, it just screws up MP.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#7elp5000Posted 1/19/2013 3:55:58 PM
So a dupe is out of the question??
---
"Critical killing is an art unto itself, and I am Rembrandt"
#8YochodoPosted 1/19/2013 3:56:52 PM
I have a life outside games

then LOL at the fact that you even care, honestly it's a ****ing gun and if duping removes the joy of you farming a legendary then you should probably just stop playing
---
"wow street lights and benches. if those don't make it a sequel than i don't know what will" - G-Scythe
#9stepaliciousPosted 1/19/2013 4:00:37 PM
smurfsn1p3r posted...
This is not a "I'm better then you for farming my own gear topic"

Yes it is
---
Hey kiddies
#10lafoftophPosted 1/19/2013 4:03:40 PM
Borderlands 2: Farmville Edition.