maya's white tiger skin

#11zodiaccurse12Posted 1/19/2013 10:50:40 PM
oXBornToKillXo posted...
Why would Maya have 91 skins and the other characters only have 90? The white tiger was probably changed to the orange tiger skin. Does anyone actually have it?

I have it along with all the heads and skins from hammerlock, last night was my last last giveaway of the complete sets along with all the seraph pink weapons including the buffalo rifle since my gold membership expired.
#12Mysticman89Posted 1/19/2013 11:14:48 PM
zodiaccurse12 posted...

What do you mean they don't correspond, all of them are animal themed. Maya have 2 versions.

Siren - Tiger and White Tiger
Gunzerker - Rhino
Mechromancer - Leopard
Assassin - Zebra
Soldier - Snake

The Tiger/Rhino/Leopard/Zebra/Snake skins are correspond to each other by virtue of all being the reward from the some like it rare quest.

Every single method of getting a skin in the game (be as a quest reward, a challenge, slots, monster drop, or otherwise) can produce a skin for any of the 5 character types (e.g. farming terra can produce a unique skin for each character).

The frozen wraith skin however doesn't have any corresponding skins for the other characters that'd in theory be gotten in the same way, which suggest theres is no way, and the frozen wraith skin is in fact just a bit of code left in the game from gearbox changing their mind, and hence shouldn't be available except by modding. With the abundence of duping and modding that goes on in this game, there certainly plenty of the skin around, but it seems extremely doubtful that it can be earned by legit means.

If there was a legit way to get it, one would expect that a unique Gunzerker/mechro/assassin/solidier skin could be earned via that same method, but there is no such skin.
#13zodiaccurse12Posted 1/19/2013 11:19:56 PM
Mysticman89 posted...
zodiaccurse12 posted...

What do you mean they don't correspond, all of them are animal themed. Maya have 2 versions.

Siren - Tiger and White Tiger
Gunzerker - Rhino
Mechromancer - Leopard
Assassin - Zebra
Soldier - Snake

The Tiger/Rhino/Leopard/Zebra/Snake skins are correspond to each other by virtue of all being the reward from the some like it rare quest.

Every single method of getting a skin in the game (be as a quest reward, a challenge, slots, monster drop, or otherwise) can produce a skin for any of the 5 character types (e.g. farming terra can produce a unique skin for each character).

The frozen wraith skin however doesn't have any corresponding skins for the other characters that'd in theory be gotten in the same way, which suggest theres is no way, and the frozen wraith skin is in fact just a bit of code left in the game from gearbox changing their mind, and hence shouldn't be available except by modding. With the abundence of duping and modding that goes on in this game, there certainly plenty of the skin around, but it seems extremely doubtful that it can be earned by legit means.

If there was a legit way to get it, one would expect that a unique Gunzerker/mechro/assassin/solidier skin could be earned via that same method, but there is no such skin.

Well I'm a casual were I only play for character heads and skins, so I'm pretty dumb when it comes to this modding thing.
#14havok718Posted 1/19/2013 11:28:47 PM
Yeah I'm going with not in-game. All versions people have were probably added using save editor and duped. Just like the Gearbox skins.
#15Mysticman89Posted 1/19/2013 11:31:19 PM
zodiaccurse12

Well I'm a casual were I only play for character heads and skins, so I'm pretty dumb when it comes to this modding thing.

Charming. You're awfully defensive considering no one has accused you of anything...

In any case, until theres a confirmed drop or a gearbox employee comments, I'm inclined to think it isn't possible to get by legitimate means.

Disclaimer: I am not suggesting that if someone has the skin they modded for it, as it's quite possible someone duped it for them, and that person had it duped for them, and so on all the way back to a modder. I am also not saying that modding is necessarily a bad thing, merely that the evidence points to this particular skin only being originally available via modding.
#16WickedRoguePosted 1/25/2013 5:47:22 PM
Gaige is short 1 head so, plus we don't even know how to still find all the skins in the game legit as is besides the dlc ones.
---
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a bad game is bad forever." - Shigeru Miyamoto
#17Seiichi OmoriPosted 1/25/2013 6:13:20 PM
Gaige is short 1 head

yeah, the preorder head, which would make no sense since she wasnt available from the start
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vAOMFiZnt8
Dragon Quest IX HYPE
#18WickedRoguePosted 1/26/2013 2:24:57 AM
Seiichi Omori posted...
Gaige is short 1 head

yeah, the preorder head, which would make no sense since she wasnt available from the start

No, wasn't counting that one, she is missing another one also.
---
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a bad game is bad forever." - Shigeru Miyamoto