nearly impossible to legitimately obtain orange weapons?

#41SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 1/20/2013 8:37:01 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
Get the pirate dlc and farm the treasure room. It's a lot more fun.

I'm curious can you explain the context in which you're using the word fun? I'm not disagreeing or anything. I'm just curious what you mean by that in this statement.

It's similar to farming a boss, only;

- you have the possibility to find any legendary,
- you can also find as many purples and e-techs as you want (I got a purple muckamuck yesterday :D), and;
- if you haven't already done it, it works towards the pirate chest challenge.

Essentially, it's like farming a boss, but you're certain to get something, and you don't know what.

Ok thanks for the explanation. The only thing is you didn't really explain what you meant by fun.

After trying to get Ohk to spawn today I think that's was pretty nice way to farm purps, blues, and relics.

If you don't get ohk you still have at least 3 Ultimate Badassses that are not hard to kill.

I say the fun comes in seeing what I find. There's no certainty, and it feels rewarding finding something.

Just this morning, I found a Hard Unkempt Harold.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#42PanopictonguyPosted 1/20/2013 8:41:48 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
Get the pirate dlc and farm the treasure room. It's a lot more fun.

I'm curious can you explain the context in which you're using the word fun? I'm not disagreeing or anything. I'm just curious what you mean by that in this statement.

It's similar to farming a boss, only;

- you have the possibility to find any legendary,
- you can also find as many purples and e-techs as you want (I got a purple muckamuck yesterday :D), and;
- if you haven't already done it, it works towards the pirate chest challenge.

Essentially, it's like farming a boss, but you're certain to get something, and you don't know what.

Ok thanks for the explanation. The only thing is you didn't really explain what you meant by fun.

After trying to get Ohk to spawn today I think that's was pretty nice way to farm purps, blues, and relics.

If you don't get ohk you still have at least 3 Ultimate Badassses that are not hard to kill.

I say the fun comes in seeing what I find. There's no certainty, and it feels rewarding finding something.

Just this morning, I found a Hard Unkempt Harold.

Cool, got it.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#43PanopictonguyPosted 1/20/2013 8:43:04 PM
mike468 posted...
and1ballr posted...
DarkLeemer posted...
Well they are called Legendary for a reason. If they were easy to get they would be called commons.

I don't like that argument. Yes, they're not supposed to be easy to get, but my friends personally spent about 1-2 weeks trying to farm the Bonus Package grenade mod. A LOT of people spends days/weeks trying to farm a certain item, and never get it. I don't think it should be THAT hard. That's way too much.

I definitely agree. I'm not sure what the exact drop rate is, but I think i read somewhere that it's actually a fraction of a percent for some of the weapons (infinity pistol reportedly has a .07% drop rate)?! While I understand rare and legendary items should be harder to obtain in a game, that kind of percentage is just ridiculous IMO. You shouldn't have to farm the game for weeks on end just to get a particular weapon. Rare drops should be more like 1:20 or 1:50, not 1:1,000.

Most of them are 1:20
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#44tony8669Posted 1/21/2013 12:15:42 AM
If you don't have the patience for farming, just set up trades.

I farmed some stuff, then lost patience. It's especially true on oranges where you only want one variant (like the Two-Fer Maggie).
#45Ray5555Posted 1/21/2013 12:59:03 AM(edited)
Spoilers for the pirate scarlet dlc.

If you have the pirate scarlet dlc. The treasure room you get access to after you kill leviathan has a high rate of containing legendary weapons. jut make sure to save and exit the game after killing levathain, Then reload and go to the treasure room.Loot it, and if it doesn't have a legendary. just dashboard, and reload your game after leviathan. you can do this twice before having to use the glich.

Here is what I got on my first 2 trips

All level 50

Dastardly Maggie(I gave up a tum tum skullsmasher by dashboarding hoping to get a maggie. The very next loot session I got it)
Barbed Striker(I gave up a transformer by dashboarding for this. I regret doing this)

Today using the glitch to get back in there:

Hornet
Volcano
electric Conference call
Unkempt Harold
Sticky homing Quasar
neogator(sp?)
Legendary gunzerker class mod

All level 50. As well as a bunch of Etech
---
I can't forgive him! Even if it costs me my body, and soul. He has to be punished, he has to be!!!- Kamille Bidan
Pokemon white FC: 4727 8710 3342
#46Jambi_ManPosted 1/21/2013 7:39:28 AM
Mtpgamer posted...
I have been farming the warrior (30 kills). Bunker (11 kills), and Terra (4 kills) All just today....0 oranges.

I have killed the warrior probably 75 times this weekend with 0 oranges.

I know the drop rate is low but is it really THAT hard to get oranges without duping?

I mean someone got them or they wouldnt be able to dupe lol....

Any tips or advice on the best place or method to farm and get oranges...ANY oranges?

I have terrible luck I guess.

Thanks!

Well, if it's nearly impossible, then I've nearly impossibly found a legendary over 90 times....no duping required. Go fight and kill bosses, I'd start with quick & easy ones, scorch, mobley, gettle, zaford/hodunk, laney, knuckledragger, boom/bewm, Madame Von bartlesby...if you haven't gotten many yet, then I'd start by finishing Scarlett's dlc, & doing a few treasure runs. That's a guaranteed couple of oranges to start with.
---
TOOLarmy 4 life. Spiral Out.....
#47superdiddy34Posted 1/22/2013 3:48:32 AM
captain_tylor posted...
superdiddy34 posted...

that's when say f*** farm and just play the game

What is "play the game" when you are level 50 and have beaten TVHM?

starting with another character or have fun playing co-op with friends you know the other parts of the game
---
Gamertag:Urbandemon34
#48Argyle_GargoylePosted 1/22/2013 5:42:32 AM
go on youtube and look up the 'dust run' TC.

there are a lot of potential legendary drops contained in a pretty small area, and its easy to get from one to another. in the dust alone, there are drops for maggie/slagga (whichever side you pick), white death, veruc, hammer buster, and the nukem.

just start running that and eventually you will get something to drop.

they are legendary, so dont be expecting a drop every time, or even frequently. it is worth while when you do get on though. until then, there is nothing wrong with using quests reward blues or purples and etechs. there are some great quest rewards that are guaranteed drops
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!