Hoplite/Fabled Tortoise... why include a speed reduction?

#1SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 1/20/2013 9:17:34 PM
Is the loss of health not balance enough? That recharge rate doesn't look too special either.

It really seems like it wouldn't be worth it. I've not had the chance to try it myself, though... anyone care to comment?
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#2PanopictonguyPosted 1/20/2013 9:21:44 PM
If there was no speed reduction you would be near invincible. The health reduction doesn't matter when your shield capacity is 4x your max health.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#3SuprSaiyanRockr(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 10:08:07 PM
Fair enough.
Is the speed reduction fairly noticeable? Is it as bad as the Bane, for example?
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#4Autumn_OfferingPosted 1/20/2013 10:10:38 PM
its bad
#5aekrillinPosted 1/20/2013 10:12:47 PM
You're still going to get downed instantly by virtually everyone so the fact that it slows you down as well makes it worthless.
#6StealthX99Posted 1/20/2013 11:33:48 PM
once shield is down though you move faster
#7PanopictonguyPosted 1/21/2013 4:31:39 AM
aekrillin posted...
You're still going to get downed instantly by virtually everyone so the fact that it slows you down as well makes it worthless.

To get downed instantly with one of these shields on you need to be standing on a grenade while taking DoT when getting hit by a rocket anyone with a shield recharge skill is a fortress as long as they can consistently kill.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#8H_Panic22Posted 1/21/2013 5:18:52 AM
Panopictonguy posted...
aekrillin posted...

To get downed instantly with one of these shields on you need to be standing on a grenade while taking DoT when getting hit by a rocket anyone with a shield recharge skill is a fortress as long as they can consistently kill.

This guy gets it. The Hoplite in particular is great when you have a few in the party. The extra 20% shield capacity per user more than offsets the minor speed penalty (up until 3 users its not that terrible).

Then again, that's what its for. To turn your team into moderately paced walking Juggernauts.
---
Gamertag= H Panic22
#9NateO81Posted 1/21/2013 5:40:21 AM
I cannot stand the speed reduction. That being said I also love skills that increase movement speed. I'd rather attempt to avoid getting hit by moving fast than walk around really slow with a big shield on.
#10Talinthis2Posted 1/21/2013 6:57:37 AM
Yeah i got this when i beat the leviathan in the treasure room, i was all like =D. And then i just sold it after being all D=