Infinity pistol

#1Oni_Warrior_05Posted 1/21/2013 7:00:56 AM
So I'm level 30 and have been farming doc mercy for hours and obtained 2 infinity pistols both of which are level 7 and 8 I was under the impression that I was supposed to receive a higher level weapon, do you have to be level 50 for it to be a higher level or does anybody know what the problem is?
#2fakesnoop77Posted 1/21/2013 7:03:16 AM
What level was the Doc?

I'm guessing he was around the same level as the Infinity you found?

Farming is best done during 2.5 in order to get the level 50 versions. He can be a pain to farm. It took me two weeks until I got one.
---
In pitch dark I go walking in your landscape.
#3Oni_Warrior_05(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 7:06:00 AM
What do you mean by 2.5?
#4fakesnoop77Posted 1/21/2013 7:08:33 AM
Oni_Warrior_05 posted...
What do you mean by 2.5?

Sorry, yeah 2.5 is what we call it once you have completed TVHM.

Basically complete TVHM then head back to the Borderlands and farm those bosses for the very best loot. Doc will be lvl 50 and tough to beat but keep farming him and that pistol will be all yours.

Pointless farming until then as whatever you loot will be outclassed virtually straight away
---
#5Oni_Warrior_05(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 7:12:38 AM
Ok cool, thanks man, I was getting pretty frustrated seeing as how it was a extremely rare drop ya know, an I'm assuming TVHM is the main quest? Not up to par with the lingo haha
#6fakesnoop77Posted 1/21/2013 7:18:15 AM
Oni_Warrior_05 posted...
Ok cool, thanks man, I was getting pretty frustrated seeing as how it was a extremely rare drop ya know, an I'm assuming TVHM is the main quest? Not up to par with the lingo haha

No, TVHM (True Vault Hunter Mode) is a second playthrough option given to you once you complete Playthrough 1.

I don't want to spoil things for you if you are only on PT1 but when you complete the game it will give you an option to play the whole game again but this time in TVHM. Basically you start again but keep all your loot and current level.

All the enemies/bosses are scaled to your level. You will not hit level 50 during PT1
---
#7Oni_Warrior_05(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 7:39:51 AM
Awesome! Thanks again man! Nah you didn't spoil anything haha I was actually worried I wasn't going to be able to reach level 50 and then beat the game an be screwed outta not being able to enjoy being a high level