Which DLC to buy?

#1PolypropylenPosted 1/22/2013 2:02:25 AM
Hi there,
i'm currently playing TVHM and i'm near completing the story again and people say after this i'll enter PL2.5. But how exactly does this work? Can i go back to normal difficulty or will enemies still stay super badass?

And i'm thinking about buying one of the DLCs but i don't know which one to choose. I'd prefer CaptainScarlett or Mr.Torgue....but what would you recommend?
#2fakesnoop77Posted 1/22/2013 2:08:32 AM
Once you complete TVHM you can go back to any area of the game and all enemies are scaled to lvl 50. Some bosses will be lvl 52.

You actually cannot select 2.5 from the menu. People refer to free roaming after TVHM has been completed as PT2.5.

Use 2.5 to farm for the best loot or to complete any outstanding side quests (hopefully you saved the blue reward quests for 2.5).

In regards to DLC I would go for Captain Scarlett first only because the quest rewards are better than Torque. For example, you will get The Sandhawk SMG which some people find useful for taking down Pete in Torque DLC.

Torque is a better DLC as it is more fun and the dialogue is funny as hell. But I prefer Scarlett for actual story and rewards.
---
In pitch dark I go walking in your landscape.
#3UroborosAheriPosted 1/22/2013 2:09:41 AM
Polypropylen posted...
And i'm thinking about buying one of the DLCs but i don't know which one to choose. I'd prefer CaptainScarlett or Mr.Torgue....but what would you recommend?

I've enjoyed Captain Scarlett so far. I'm currently trying to take on Hyperius the Invincible solo with my Siren.
---
In Soviet Russia, Crab Catches You!
#4Polypropylen(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 3:43:53 AM
Now downloading Captain Scarlett DlC...but does it make any sense to play the Dlc with me lv45 character which is in TVHM now?
#5fakesnoop77Posted 1/22/2013 4:36:27 AM
Polypropylen posted...
Now downloading Captain Scarlett DlC...but does it make any sense to play the Dlc with me lv45 character which is in TVHM now?

Seriously, I would wait until you complete TVHM and hit the big 50
---
In pitch dark I go walking in your landscape.
#6Polypropylen(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 5:03:38 AM
fakesnoop77 posted...
Polypropylen posted...

Seriously, I would wait until you complete TVHM and hit the big 50

Please look in your Inbox ;)

Anyways: Did i screw the whole PL2.5 up if i started the first Scarlett quest where you have to clear Oasis up? Or do all other main story quest still scale up to 50?
#7Polypropylen(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 6:26:20 AM
bump
Did i already screw up the whole level upscaling for story missions in Scarletts DLC if i started the first mission where you have to clear oasis? Or will all following quests scale to 50 when i complete TVHM?
#8Wanz44Posted 1/22/2013 6:30:35 AM
And i'm thinking about buying one of the DLCs but i don't know which one to choose.

Son, can't you make your own decisions? One day you will be an adult and decision making will be expected of you.
---
Member since Wednesday December 8, 1999...
... Former user names; 'Wanz 1' and 'Wanz4'
#9_Cheyenne_Posted 1/22/2013 6:39:35 AM(edited)
wanz, i was think the very same thing. it gets sol annoying when some of these kids makes topics such as this one.

also, kid; there is no reason to post the word 'bump' if you are going to include other text.
---
`.,,.~ Cheyenne ~.,,.`
#10Tec187Posted 1/22/2013 6:40:12 AM
Polypropylen posted...
bump
Did i already screw up the whole level upscaling for story missions in Scarletts DLC if i started the first mission where you have to clear oasis? Or will all following quests scale to 50 when i complete TVHM?

As long as you haven't accepted a given quest, it will scale to 50 once you get to 2.5
---
ULCE #: 12.834
~ "I don't need luck, I have ammo" ~ Grunt, ME3