DLC Costumes are up. 15 sets of matching a head & skin. $1 each.

#71lnknprk_45Posted 1/22/2013 9:23:25 PM
Reminds me of the GoW3 weapon skins.
#72sshadow5002Posted 1/22/2013 9:29:55 PM
I bought 1 skin for Guage my only complaint is why the hell does she have a purple hood with a black and red suit?
---
A 2006 study concluded that 82% of people who don't know what they're talking about use false statistics.
#73CywynPosted 1/22/2013 9:33:27 PM
ollie229 posted...

When it's bonus content that wasn't included in the original game? I think $1 per set is more than reasonable.

Somehow because it's "bonus" it's worth more? It took no more work than the original skins/heads, but somehow being "bonus" increases its worth. I would love to sell you "bonus" condiments at a fast food restaurant.
#74xHuckleberryPosted 1/22/2013 9:36:11 PM
Am i the only person here who has spent money on f2p mmorpgs?

Or seen the amount other people spend on those, to be a top player? Like thousands.

You know, spend 20 bucks on 1 CS outfit/mount/weapon/whatever... that might last a month. Then the next week they bring out an even better version for the same price, enticing. Or what about those wheel of fortune type gambling deals where you spend money on tokens to spend on random outcome.

Of course, bl2 isnt an mmo but i dont blame them for trying to make more money. I would do the same. I freaking love money.
#75JhnthezedPosted 1/22/2013 11:59:27 PM
Cywyn posted...
ollie229 posted...

When it's bonus content that wasn't included in the original game? I think $1 per set is more than reasonable.

Somehow because it's "bonus" it's worth more? It took no more work than the original skins/heads, but somehow being "bonus" increases its worth. I would love to sell you "bonus" condiments at a fast food restaurant.

They do sell you the bonus condiments at fast food restaurants now
#76ICantNameGudPosted 1/23/2013 12:30:08 AM
"Omg omg omg omg omg "
"They're.... Hehehe.... They're"
"RANDY?!....... RAAANDY?!"
*knocks over chair in a hurry*
*sprinting down hallway*
"RANDY! THEY'RE BUYING THE SKINS! THEY'RE ACTUALLY BUYING THE SKINS"
---
Inb4/MadAndBad, inb4/UrMissingTehPoint, inb4/PostUrGT
#77H_Panic22Posted 1/23/2013 12:37:23 AM
minimang123 posted...

Is the practice for CoD developers to release an annual installment that costs $60 plus another $60 in map packs to total $120/year from consumers.... ethical? Yes, it makes money, and yes, people buy them, but is that ethical? Fine, let's say it is, but then is it a good product?

I quoted this section because the wall of nonsense that followed it is immaterial. Just by reading these three sentences, its quite clear that you don't know what ethical and ethics mean.

Infinity Ward/Treyarch run a business and sell a perfectly legal product to a willing customer base. They supplement their initial windfall of sales by developing additional content that can be purchased at a later date for an additional fee, entirely without consequence if the user chooses not to participate. There is nothing morally or ethically at question in this situation, whatsoever.

You are not entitled to everything just because you bought the disc. If you bought it used at Gamestop for example, then the publisher didn't get a dime from you. Despite how easy you seem to think the creation, marketing, implementation, and distribution of digital media must be ("It's just a skin and head.") it costs money. Its a business, and Gearbox does not exist to wipe your nose and tell you that there'll be rainbows tomorrow. If you don't approve of their practices as such, the tell them with your wallet, but don't start throwing around words you don't understand and drawing parallels where none exist.

TL:DR

Newt Gingrich accused of insider trading = Ethics Violation
Nike using sweatshop labor to manufacture $200 sneakers = Ethically questionable business practice

Gearbox recouping expenses from patches/lost sales revenue from "Used " game sellers/ operating costs by selling new, entirely optional cosmetic content. = Commerce
---
Gamertag= H Panic22
#78PanopictonguyPosted 1/23/2013 3:26:10 AM
minimang123 posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
You seem a little entitled. Just, sayin.

Is the practice for CoD developers to release an annual installment that costs $60 plus another $60 in map packs to total $120/year from consumers.... ethical? Yes, it makes money, and yes, people buy them, but is that ethical? Fine, let's say it is, but then is it a good product?

Look at Skyrim or Oblivion or Fallout 3, some Bethesda game. They sell for $60 and keep you entertained for countless hours, yes with DLC, but yes these are deep and rich games rather than the same rehashed experience. You don't pay $15 every couple months to receive three or four maps of new content, for a map is barely anything at all. This is a good product. It's well worth the cost, the DLC is useful, and the game is cared about. And, beyond that, people begin to trust the company to make good games (Brink and RAGE perhaps not so much, but other than that).... it gives them customers.

So charging $15 for 15 sets of heads and skins is rather unreasonable. For $10 you get an entire new set of content (of arguable quality, depending on which we refer), but also... for $60 (the cost of 60 aesthetic upgrades) you get an entire game.

If I sell crappyy drugs to drug addicts for huge costs, is that immoral of me? They don't NEED the product; if they don't want it they can just refrain from getting it. They're the ones willing to pay the huge costs. It still takes time and effort to product the crappy drugs. Is that immoral? Yes, because you're ripping someone off with a terrible product and exploiting the consumers. Trying to milk every last penny out of consumers to just maximize profits with clearly no interest at all in the quality of their game is utterly despicable, and like many other posters, I don't plan on giving Gearbox more money because of this.

Dude...It's $1 you do not need every single skin pack. If they sell 60 skin packs over the course of the entire game that's awesome. I doubt I'll buy all 60. It's 100% optional. We're already getting quality useful DLC and most people who bought the season pass are getting it at a reduced.

So basically you're argument is that the heads and skins are crappy so you want them all for free or reduced price? They're crappy...but you want all 15 of you. You think the optional content is BAD but you're bothered that they are selling it instead of giving it to you? You don't really want the content but you're bothered that you have to buy it...I'm really really trying to understand.

What more can you possibly want other than them giving you stuff for free. This is not a Bethesda title we are not getting a massive expansion. If they make a massive expansion they might as well just make a sequel. If you don't like or want any of the DLC because you feel they are low quality don't buy them. You're missing out on nothing. You still own your copy of Borderlands 2, it doesn't get less appealing without DLC quest and skins.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#79SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 1/23/2013 3:51:43 AM
I wouldn't mind paying for skins (if they're good), but I'd hope they'd at least put them into a pack.

This kinda thing I'd expect from Capcom, not Gearbox. I get the feeling they're starting to rest on their laurels a bit.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#80H_Panic22Posted 1/23/2013 7:30:12 AM
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...
I wouldn't mind paying for skins (if they're good), but I'd hope they'd at least put them into a pack.

This kinda thing I'd expect from Capcom, not Gearbox. I get the feeling they're starting to rest on their laurels a bit.

I don't know, I like how they came individually. I didn't like one of Axton's (that Bart Simpson hair) and two of Gaige's, any of Maya or Zero's, and two of Salvador's...and I bought them with leftover MSP from when my wife rented movies.

And I dig small, cheap DLC because I always seem to have these leftovers at the end of the month (like my $1 DLC weapons in Dynasty Warriors 7).
---
Gamertag= H Panic22