Best version of each orange weapon?

#11Atlas26Posted 1/22/2013 5:49:06 AM
Does have a conf call lvl.45+ that someone would be willing to dupe or swap? Have a couple of orange lvl.48 nukems to trade if needs. Also, any other orange weapons to dupe/swap!
My gamertag is glassandjune - add me if youre willing!
#12Argyle_GargoylePosted 1/22/2013 5:52:59 AM
the torgue DLC is a lot of fun. and pete is a pretty fun and not insanely difficult raid boss to solo. id say its well worth it.
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#13KaBoom1322(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 5:58:43 AM
Argyle_Gargoyle posted...
the torgue DLC is a lot of fun. and pete is a pretty fun and not insanely difficult raid boss to solo. id say its well worth it.

I'm actually planning on getting them all.I rarely buy dlc i usually wait for on disc release,but i think i might get Captain scarlett and torgue i have a season pass aswell i just haven't used it.
#14BloodgiftDemonPosted 1/22/2013 6:01:32 AM
KaBoom1322 posted...
Hi

Soon i will have my first lv 50.When i farm for oranges i honestly want the best versions,so my question is What are the best versions of each legendary weapon?

In general:

For SMGs, you want a Dahl stock. It has the least aiming reticle expansion when hip-firing, and is quite stable when using the scope / iron sights.

Per weapon, the best grip is identical to the manufacturer of the body. For example, you would want a Maggie with a Jakob's grip, a Slagga with a Bandit grip, a Hornet with a Dahl grip, an Infinity with a Vladof grip, and so on. Having the grip and the body both from the same manufacturer activates "hidden" stat bonuses that wouldn't otherwise occur. For example, Bandit grips normally boost magazine size at the expense of reload speed. But on weapons like the Slagga and Gub, a Bandit grip gives an extra large magazine size coupled with a boost to reload speed.

Among shotguns, Hyperion stocks seem to be the best. I don't really have much information beyond that.

For rocket launchers, both the exhaust and the sight affect the weapon stats. What version is "best" would be subjective.

Sniper rifles and assault rifles also want Dahl stocks, like SMGs.

For additional information, check out the gearbox forums. They have multiple "part spotter" guides around there somewhere, as well as a "Vault of Marvelous Gear" guide, which is currently on-going / in-progress. Or just google something along the lines of "gearbox boderlands 2 part spotter guide."
#15Argyle_GargoylePosted 1/22/2013 6:02:56 AM(edited)
hey kaboom. the hornet is a great 1st legendary to farm for. knuckledragger has a pretty good drop rate in my experience (its still random) and overall he is very easy to kill even at 50 and a quick farm.

load up claptraps place, go kill KD really fast check his loot. if not there, just save/quit and reload and try again.

the hornet isnt the greatest overall weapon in the game, but it is very useful IMO. especially when you do not have a ton of other stuff to choose from. it performs very well against anything that's armored.
---
#16KaBoom1322(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 6:08:15 AM
Argyle_Gargoyle posted...
hey kaboom. the hornet is a great 1st legendary to farm for. knuckledragger has a pretty good drop rate in my experience (its still random) and overall he is very easy to kill even at 50 and a quick farm.

load up claptraps place, go kill KD really fast check his loot. if not there, just save/quit and reload and try again.

the hornet isnt the greatest overall weapon in the game, but it is very useful IMO. especially when you do not have a ton of other stuff to choose from. it performs very well against anything that's armored.

Thanks for the tips.
I will take your advice to farm a hornet first,then i will farm a bee so i can farm bosses such as the warrior and terra quicker.
#17Argyle_GargoylePosted 1/22/2013 6:15:41 AM
almost forgot. if you do get the torgue DLC, you will have access to the torgue vending machines. their item of the day is guaranteed to be an orange. unfortunately, the highest they can spawn in the machines is level 48, but a level 48 unkempt harold is better than no unkempt harold.

they use torgue tokens which you get in the DLC. they are a good source of legendary gear for starting out. keep an eye out for a DP harold. wont do quite the damage a level 50 will, but it will still outperform many other weapons in the game.
---
#18KaBoom1322(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 7:46:07 AM
Gonna get torgue dlc at the weekend i'm also thinking of getting the other 2 dlc.
#19AlleRacingPosted 1/22/2013 12:14:26 PM

The Hornet is an exceptional corrosive weapon, especially a Twin Hornet. I have a corrosive CC, Lyuda, Infection, Gub, Jolly Roger and Bad Touch, and the Hornet is still absolutely my go to corrosive weapon.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#20Argyle_GargoylePosted 1/22/2013 12:22:34 PM
AlleRacing posted...

The Hornet is an exceptional corrosive weapon, especially a Twin Hornet. I have a corrosive CC, Lyuda, Infection, Gub, Jolly Roger and Bad Touch, and the Hornet is still absolutely my go to corrosive weapon.

for sure. i just didnt want to say "hornet is the best..." and have people jump all over me because they dont like it for whatever reason or because they something else is better.

im a big DAHL fan, so for me its nice. really a big help in loader heavy areas. makes limb removing crits a breeze. definitely worth having in any arsenal even if it isnt the biggest baddest gun in the game
---