Any news on the new character ?

#31SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 1/23/2013 10:46:37 PM
SinisterBlade posted...
Well she hotter than her mother Moxxi. If you see her nude you get slagged, and if you touch her you take constant fire, and corrosive damage. So Id take Ellie if I had to choose

Pretty much. Permanent corrosive effect, more powerful than Master Gee's worms.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#32Rockstar97856(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 11:14:39 PM
Ellie's probably got some worms of her own XD
---
GT: xIMike ox bigIx
Letters before the M and after the g are capital i's
#33BigJohnWV04Posted 1/23/2013 11:25:20 PM
drake_skull posted...
A robot character would be cool, Maybe a prototype Hyperion bot malfunctions and gains self awareness, realizing that Jack is a threat he goes after him. Action skill could make all guns more accurate for a while and increase fire rate or something. 1 tree would focus on Elemental effects(and reducing their effect on character), one would focus on increasing ammo storage/mag size and the third could focus on augmenting the action skill.

I thought of something similar a while back, there was a topic that someone had posted on the board about creating a new class but it's lost by now. I can't remember the name I came up with but the action skill was the ability to in a way slow down time. He was a hybrid of a Hyperion cyborg/human fueled by Eridium that caused him to compute stuff extremely fast, almost seeming like time can stop for him.

Funny part was I came up with the story that he was created by a Hyperion scientist who was extremely loyal to Jack and wanted to please him in any way (like Nakayama) so he went behind his back and built it with the body of a former Vault Hunter that had been killed or died. The scientist was going to erase it's memory and install a chip to make it loyal to Jack and Hyperion but before it happened, Jack went insane and killed the scientist but the cyborg escaped to Pandora with amnesia, out to stop Jack and get answers to his existence.
---
"How dare you say that to my face!"
"Well I'd say it behind your back but my car only has half a tank of gas!"
#34ghost_of_nappaPosted 1/24/2013 1:21:14 AM
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...
I'd like a genetically altered human, modified using slag experimentation. Focus is on slag powers, and elemental effects.

So...Maya?

But in response to the TC:

I never really thought of a were-skag or shapeshifter. It could work out pretty nicely, except I dont see how you would use guns in beast form and id hate for another melee character. But thats just me.

My idea for a while has been to introduce the ice element with an eskimo type character. He could have a huge variety of powers. His three trees would be debuff, buff, and power. Debuff would focus on affecting the enemy with ice. Slow them down, weaken them, make them succeptible to fire, etc. Buff would affect your team. Add ice element to their guns, give them ice "armor" where they take reduced damage, etc. And power would affect your own power. Maybe the power could be that you unequip your gun and spam icicles with your hands. Have upgrades that affect the damage, duration, etc.
#35havok718Posted 1/24/2013 8:13:10 AM(edited)
We dont need another elemental character. I want a brawler that suplexes enemies 'n s***. Some kind of were-beast would be cool, but it has to have grappling moves. Or a robot... with grappling moves!
#36StormWolf12Posted 1/24/2013 8:22:57 AM
Gary_Miller posted...
Lets hope it's not another 'girlfriend mode' character

QFT. I hate playing with, or playing with people who use, Gaige.
#37forgotten0285Posted 1/24/2013 8:23:02 AM
Lahar posted...
I think the new class will be male. It might be nice to think they'd release another female to even things out, and maybe this sounds sexist but I doubt that for add-on classes they would put out a girl and then another girl.

You know those guys who go around a university campus saying, "Why isn't there a Men's Studies??"? They're the ones who would complain if the new character is female.

Or who knows. Surprise me, Gearbox.

lol there was actually a PROFESSOR at my college who went around the university campus saying "why isnt there a men's studies?"

He ended up teaching a men's studies class. Basically class went like this:

1. He put on Die Hard, Lethal Weapon, etc.
2. He went to the pasta restaurant to drink Grey Goose martinis (confirmed when I subsequently worked at the place)
3. Me and my friend left to pursue alcohol and/or girlfriends
4. We would return in 2 hours to hear drunken rants about being manly
---
not changing my sig until Shenmue 3 is officially announced.
#38MechWreckerPosted 1/24/2013 9:23:12 AM
PunkNeverDies posted...
Fingers crossed for a Were-Skag.

Dude, I thought I was the only one to think of that. I'm so glad other people are interested. I would be ridiculously happy if we got a Were-skag character!

He or she could be one of Dr. Ned's experiments that the first Vault Hunters missed. I didn't like Brick's ability at all, so maybe they could strap a turret to the Were-skag person's back so when they transform and run around they can still shoot while clawing enemies to death?
---
They raided my fridge, stole my wallet, and T-Ped my house. I'm going to London. GT: Red Wolf696
#39Rockstar97856(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 11:27:25 AM
ghost_of_nappa posted...
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...
I'd like a genetically altered human, modified using slag experimentation. Focus is on slag powers, and elemental effects.

So...Maya?

But in response to the TC:

I never really thought of a were-skag or shapeshifter. It could work out pretty nicely, except I dont see how you would use guns in beast form and id hate for another melee character. But thats just me.

My idea for a while has been to introduce the ice element with an eskimo type character. He could have a huge variety of powers. His three trees would be debuff, buff, and power. Debuff would focus on affecting the enemy with ice. Slow them down, weaken them, make them succeptible to fire, etc. Buff would affect your team. Add ice element to their guns, give them ice "armor" where they take reduced damage, etc. And power would affect your own power. Maybe the power could be that you unequip your gun and spam icicles with your hands. Have upgrades that affect the damage, duration, etc.

Yeah people usually don't like bricks abillity, but combing a melee character with a fearl creatures agillity would be awesome, and maybe how your ice guy can buff people the wereskag can howl to buff teammates or scare enemies. I really like an ice character though, maybe another siren
---
GT: xIMike ox bigIx
Letters before the M and after the g are capital i's
#40ghost_of_nappaPosted 1/24/2013 11:34:58 AM
Yeah I was thinking maybe another siren to take angel's place, also to balance out the genders.

Im stuck between the two. The shapeshifter has potential and would definitely be cool. I just cant think of what his powers would be.

OH MY GOD I just thought of this while typing: what if the different trees affect what you turn into??! I mean, different perks make deathtrap look different. It could work!

Now we just gott figure out the possible trees/forms