Why do people complain about Hammerlock's DLC being short?

#1I have no namePosted 1/22/2013 9:01:53 PM
It's called 'Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt', Sir Hammerlock spends the entire storyline complaining about being distracted from hunting big game and the villain is a loser who has to literally beg you to fight him.

How much more obvious do the writers have to make it? They're aware the story is short and the villain is lame, they made it that way so you could quickly get to the good bit where you wander around their gorgeous new area hunting big game. It'd be one thing if they'd actually been going for a compelling story and screwed it up, but the writers did everything they could to tell the player that wasn't their intent and it apparently just went over the heads of most of the audience.

Are these the same people who complain about Claptrap being annoying?
---
You're the stranger, ain'tcha? Are you looking for a nice, clean place to stay?
Madam, I had a nice clean place to stay... and I left it, to come here.
#2Android21APosted 1/22/2013 9:07:22 PM
What big game? Inflated stalkers and drifters are nothing new.
---
Will you take the Rocket Launcher?
>Yes No
#3TheismosPosted 1/22/2013 9:07:38 PM
People complain that the main quest line was short because...they wish it were longer? No one is missing any hints or subtleties like you imply, they just want more to play.

Frankly, I enjoyed it and I'm still enjoying it. It was short though.
#4PanopictonguyPosted 1/23/2013 2:33:17 AM
People missed the point. I've seen people complain about the villain not being a "good" villain.

Most Borderlands fans seem to only want DLC if It's a massive story expansion a la Elder Scrolls with a loot pinata at the end.

People love pirates DLC despite It's blandness. I wonder if it has something to do with the Treasure Room exploit. I hear using an exploit to get to a room full of treasure chest is "fun." Even more fun than running around doing stuff.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#5SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 1/23/2013 2:55:13 AM
Panopictonguy posted...
People missed the point. I've seen people complain about the villain not being a "good" villain.

Most Borderlands fans seem to only want DLC if It's a massive story expansion a la Elder Scrolls with a loot pinata at the end.

People love pirates DLC despite It's blandness. I wonder if it has something to do with the Treasure Room exploit. I hear using an exploit to get to a room full of treasure chest is "fun." Even more fun than running around doing stuff.

Yeah, I was the one that said that.

I'll agree that it's repetitive, but that just comes hand in hand with searching for good loot, whether you're farming Doc Mercy or the Treasure room.

In any case, I liked the concept, but the Pirate dlc failed in a lot of areas. The Leviathan battle, for example.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.