Does Maya become powerful near level 50?

#1TheRagingPosted 1/23/2013 3:14:29 AM
I'm asking as I have a level 50 Axton and when things get hectic I can use his turret which is devastating. I was wondering if Maya can become equally as lethal with Phaselock as at level 36 she seems to be a good character to use but Phaselock just doesn't appear as useful or as heavy hitting as Axton's turret.
#2Apl_JPosted 1/23/2013 3:19:22 AM
Phase lock isn't for raw damage. Its a supportive power.
#3SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 1/23/2013 3:30:55 AM
I'd imagine the slag ball at the end of the middle skill tree would be good for slagging enemies, and therefore have offensive capabilities, but I've no way of knowing at the moment. My Maya is only ~13.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#4Tec187Posted 1/23/2013 3:40:05 AM
Short answer - no, Maya never gets the same "distraction ability" as Axton or Gaige.
---
ULCE #: 12.834
~ "I don't need luck, I have ammo" ~ Grunt, ME3
#5w00dy925Posted 1/23/2013 4:36:50 AM
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...
I'd imagine the slag ball at the end of the middle skill tree would be good for slagging enemies, and therefore have offensive capabilities, but I've no way of knowing at the moment. My Maya is only ~13.

Coming from an owner of a lvl 50 maya. The slag ball is alright. Has a limited range, and moves quite slow, but as the ball is gravitating towards enemies, it slags just about everything, including the trash piles revealing ammo lol. But as you know, slag does help with adding a ton of damage. The cooldown rate is slightly slow though.
#6w00dy925Posted 1/23/2013 4:41:38 AM
TheRaging posted...
I'm asking as I have a level 50 Axton and when things get hectic I can use his turret which is devastating. I was wondering if Maya can become equally as lethal with Phaselock as at level 36 she seems to be a good character to use but Phaselock just doesn't appear as useful or as heavy hitting as Axton's turret.

I started with axtom, and got bored, so i started a maya, and havent gone back to.axton. Got maya to level 50. She can be quite devastating(not as much as axton) Put your points in the cataclysm tree, and your phaselock will slag,electrocute,set ablaze, corrode, and just mess up the enemies. Her phaselock can make enemies gravitate to the phaselocked enemy, shock all of them, all the whilr youre unloading bullets at them all.

The turret is much better at crowd control to give you time to dip out of the area to regen health, but maya is so much more fun imo.
#7Jambi_ManPosted 1/23/2013 5:06:31 AM
I would say yes, as I've used maya a lot at lv 50. She is a close second as my favorite character behind zero. With maya, max out cataclysm to get ruin( a must in my book), then go down the left tree to get converge. It is her version of crowd control. You are basically slagging and pulling everyone into one big crowd, then you fire away.then finish off your last 4 points on the left tree to reduce cooldown on phaselock, and you're officially a badass.
---
TOOLarmy 4 life. Spiral Out.....
#8TheRaging(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 6:59:59 AM
Thanks for the help guys. I asked this because Axton is might at crowd control and sheer damage output I do enjoy playing as Maya more. Because I'm looking to dip into multiplayer more I want to make sure she can be a good, survivable and helpful character as the last thing I want to be is that person who constantly needs reviving haha.
#9KaBoom1322Posted 1/23/2013 7:03:49 AM
Jambi_Man posted...
I would say yes, as I've used maya a lot at lv 50. She is a close second as my favorite character behind zero. With maya, max out cataclysm to get ruin( a must in my book), then go down the left tree to get converge. It is her version of crowd control. You are basically slagging and pulling everyone into one big crowd, then you fire away.then finish off your last 4 points on the left tree to reduce cooldown on phaselock, and you're officially a badass.

I also find phaslock useful for a sniper Maya,it helps to crit enemies such as Shield nomads.
---
Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE!!
#10xYABBAxPosted 1/23/2013 7:26:19 AM
If Maya is used as a back row healer/phase locker with zero as a sniper near her. Axton and Sal can wreak havoc. Many time I've been over zealous with my shot guns using Sal and thankfully Maya could revive me from a safe distance.
---
You'll get no signature from me until GameFaqs is troll free!