Am I the only one upset by the gun names compared to BL1?

#1WretchedOwlPosted 1/23/2013 8:58:11 PM
The names of the guns in Borderlands 1 at least had some rhyme and reason to them.. example, they would have the body type, the stock, mag, and special modifiers in the names that improved the guns.. What's with these guns with all the random uncapitalized misspellings? I know they said they were gonna expand the gun generator, but they sure as hell didn't have to dumb it down. How am I supposed to hunt for perfect guns now?
---
A lying tongue hates those it crushes, but a flattering mouth works ruin.
#2Dark_ApostatePosted 1/23/2013 9:00:07 PM
Bandit made weapons are misspelled as an indicator of the bandits' poor literacy. All the others are properly spelled, and even with the bandit gear, each prefix or weapon name indicates what manner of performance you can expect.
#3Groves22Posted 1/23/2013 9:01:39 PM
Dark_Apostate posted...
Bandit made weapons are misspelled as an indicator of the bandits' poor literacy. All the others are properly spelled, and even with the bandit gear, each prefix or weapon name indicates what manner of performance you can expect.

just put TC in his place...
#4AlleRacingPosted 1/24/2013 12:24:24 AM
Dark_Apostate posted...

Not quite...

I agree with you TC. In the first game, each weapon name would have a number, usually signifying important parts that actually affected stats. In this game, fewer parts have any real impact on performance, and each manufacturer is locked to their own body. There's no number to indicate any additional parts beyond the accessory, which is just as well, because typically only the body, barrel and grip affect the stats of the weapon. Really disappointing in that regard. No AR590 Glorious Serpens, just Glorious Serpens now.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#5MegaBMcBlockPosted 1/24/2013 12:51:26 AM
I was kind of confused as to why Torgue rocket launcher names are so weird. I remember when I found my first launcher, it was named duuurp a dee or something like that, and I thought it was a Bandit launcher.
---
Support Timesplitters 4: http://www.facebook.com/Timesplitters4PLZ
http://www.petitiononline.com/TS4tcbd1/petition.html
#6BigSai29Posted 1/24/2013 1:10:23 AM
Definitely agree. I hate how they have toned down the nomenclature. As to how you go about finding perfect rolls, you got to learn to be able to identify mainly the grips of guns as well as the sights/stocks, etc. Rocket Launcher Sights/Stocks(aka Exhausts) have a far more dramatic effect on what ends up on the Gun Card in particular.

My general rule of thumb is to match the Manufacturer Grip to the Manufacturer of the gun. Others might not see it the same way. For example.a Jakob's grip Harold will do slightly more damage than a Torgue gripped one, but it will be worse in everything else. Still some people might see Dat Damage and prefer it.
#7havok718Posted 1/24/2013 5:22:35 AM(edited)
Dark_Apostate posted...

Not quite...

I agree with you TC. In the first game, each weapon name would have a number, usually signifying important parts that actually affected stats. In this game, fewer parts have any real impact on performance, and each manufacturer is locked to their own body. There's no number to indicate any additional parts beyond the accessory, which is just as well, because typically only the body, barrel and grip affect the stats of the weapon. Really disappointing in that regard. No AR590 Glorious Serpens, just Glorious Serpens now.

This has nothing to do with the naming, its a design choice, good or bad. TC was complaining about Bandit gun names, and got told because it actually makes complete sense in this game.

And TC can hunt down perfect guns by actually looking at the gun. I can recognize every manufacturer's part on any type of gun by appearance.