Can I get some confirmation...

#1iOutlawTornPosted 1/23/2013 11:43:15 PM
That the Twister does drop from this leveled up Badass Savage? My friends and I were farming him all of today and while I'm not one to complain I just am starting to doubt the validity of this gun dropping from said enemy.

With Vermivorous we would get him to spawn maybe once or twice every hour or two hours way back when we were doing that but in our time today we didn't see this Ommg or whatever guy once. Maybe it was just us being incredibly unlucky but not one spawn in 8+ hours? That's a little bit...too low if you ask me.
#2PanopictonguyPosted 1/23/2013 11:45:41 PM
Random is random. Twister drop rate is high though so if he spawns you have like a good chance of getting twister.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#3iOutlawTorn(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 11:52:21 PM
Well I know that but at least thats one confirm. I'm not looking for an explanation as to why just if farming for this enemy is legit or not.
#4DarkLeemerPosted 1/23/2013 11:53:51 PM
Got mine literally like 10 min ago off him. Went to Scylla's Grove and ran to the Savage Base the the east. Think it was called Gut Rut or something and just ran circles around the center house and eventually the two witch doctors upgraded a badass savage to Omnd omnd Ohk. He dropped it and that was my first time seeing him. Unfortunately, it was a Barbed Twister -__- I hate the guns with melée blades.
---
I love circles cuz they're round and stuff!
XBL:Leemer1988 White- 2065-3480-9867
#5iOutlawTorn(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 11:58:24 PM
I've had pretty good luck so far with the new DLC weapons which is great since I've been so busy at work and haven't had as much time to farm. Only new items I haven't gotten yet are the Twister and a level 50 version of the Rough Rider and a level 50 version of the Rex. Other than that everything I've farmed I've gotten quickly. Which is an interesting change of pace.
#6DarkLeemerPosted 1/24/2013 12:01:50 AM
iOutlawTorn posted...
I've had pretty good luck so far with the new DLC weapons which is great since I've been so busy at work and haven't had as much time to farm. Only new items I haven't gotten yet are the Twister and a level 50 version of the Rough Rider and a level 50 version of the Rex. Other than that everything I've farmed I've gotten quickly. Which is an interesting change of pace.

Yeah, same here. Usually I get everything late but so far I have gotten multiple versions of this DLCs guns. All I need now is the Chopper and I'm done. :)
---
#7iOutlawTorn(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 12:11:07 AM
DarkLeemer posted...
iOutlawTorn posted...

Yeah, same here. Usually I get everything late but so far I have gotten multiple versions of this DLCs guns. All I need now is the Chopper and I'm done. :)

The Chopper (at least the versions my friends and I farmed up) is surprisingly weak. Maybe it's the bullet spread or something but it doesn't seem to land a lot of shots. At least not ones that are doing any serious damage. We only have a slag and a fire variant so perhaps the vanilla version would be better suited for raw damage but just from a VERY brief experimentation with them they aren't as good as we originally hoped. Still tinkering a bit with them.

I was more surprised with the effectiveness of the Rough Rider. When I saw the shield originally I didn't think it had any good use. 20% damage reduction? That's not a lot. However, after respeccing my Siren I found that simply having a Rubi as one of your weapons makes up for a lot with this new build. Simply based on moving around really fast, phaselocking forever and reflecting bullets where you can. It's a really fun build.
#8DarkLeemerPosted 1/24/2013 12:19:11 AM
iOutlawTorn posted...

I was more surprised with the effectiveness of the Rough Rider. When I saw the shield originally I didn't think it had any good use. 20% damage reduction? That's not a lot. However, after respeccing my Siren I found that simply having a Rubi as one of your weapons makes up for a lot with this new build. Simply based on moving around really fast, phaselocking forever and reflecting bullets where you can. It's a really fun build.

I was messing around with that build earlier too. I have a relic that decreases damage from 4 types of damage that was either Slag, Fire, Shock, Explosive, or Corrosive. I also put some skill points onto her skill that reflects gunfire. Turned out to be pretty fun but had to change it when I decided to farm the harder enemies like Omnd and Dex. Wasn't cutting it there.
---
#9iOutlawTorn(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 12:24:50 AM
DarkLeemer posted...
iOutlawTorn posted...

I was messing around with that build earlier too. I have a relic that decreases damage from 4 types of damage that was either Slag, Fire, Shock, Explosive, or Corrosive. I also put some skill points onto her skill that reflects gunfire. Turned out to be pretty fun but had to change it when I decided to farm the harder enemies like Omnd and Dex. Wasn't cutting it there.

I bet if I were to solo those enemies it wouldn't be very viable but I'm usually playing with my buddies and for the most part I just am there to assist. I can deal out damage if I choose to but I like to sit back and deal decent damage while also watching from up high res'ing my teammates. Seems to be pretty effective. We mostly just mess around since we aren't running around using the Fibber to wreck everything. Ever since the Bee nerf we decided to test out what we could and learn all the different playstyles and builds that we could. No sense in playing the game only one singular way. At least not for us.
#10DarkLeemerPosted 1/24/2013 12:32:41 AM
iOutlawTorn posted...
DarkLeemer posted...
iOutlawTorn posted...

I bet if I were to solo those enemies it wouldn't be very viable but I'm usually playing with my buddies and for the most part I just am there to assist. I can deal out damage if I choose to but I like to sit back and deal decent damage while also watching from up high res'ing my teammates. Seems to be pretty effective. We mostly just mess around since we aren't running around using the Fibber to wreck everything. Ever since the Bee nerf we decided to test out what we could and learn all the different playstyles and builds that we could. No sense in playing the game only one singular way. At least not for us.

Yeah. I think of it the same way. I can't see how people use the same character and same build exclusively. Same when I play CoD and see people only using a single gun and setup. Far to boring for me. I will admit that I play solo a lot and I will use glitches but in a group I refrain from it since it's much more fun as a support siren for me rather than trying to kill everything fast and cheap. First time we beat Gee felt great since we did it exploit or cheat free. Now however, if I feel like farming I do use easier methods since I already felt the satisfaction of beating him correctly.
---