Question about shields

#1nikokidPosted 1/24/2013 2:00:17 AM
Does a shield that's immune to burn damage mean that most of pyro petes attacks won't hurt?
---
i fear no zombie, tonberry or victim but only the lack of save points.
Pkm Wht- 4255 2796 3934
#2GOceguedaPosted 1/24/2013 2:22:08 AM
I think it would still deplete your shield on impact but wont have the after effect
---
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2, Dragon Age Ultimate Edition, Assassin's Creed 3, Far Cry 3, Halo 4
#3ToboeAkaPosted 1/24/2013 3:09:34 AM
The immunity part on shields only stops the DOT part of the damage.
---
GT: AdvisoryCrane8
#4w00dy925Posted 1/24/2013 3:21:07 AM
nikokid posted...
Does a shield that's immune to burn damage mean that most of pyro petes attacks won't hurt?

on impact, it takes a small amount of your shield down. His corrosive attack is just as deadly though, so you will still need to rinse off. Pick your poison on the shield, either a inflammable or alkaline. I recommend the alkaline the bee while fighting pete though.
#5havok718Posted 1/24/2013 4:11:39 AM
Neither does anything against Pete. Immunity on shields does nothing against direct damage, and Pete's big AOE thing is all direct damage.

It takes a small amount from your shield on impact because that's how much damage it does on impact, on any shield.
#6w00dy925Posted 1/24/2013 4:20:33 AM
havok718 posted...
Neither does anything against Pete. Immunity on shields does nothing against direct damage, and Pete's big AOE thing is all direct damage.

It takes a small amount from your shield on impact because that's how much damage it does on impact, on any shield.

Um, i may be wrong, because i dont know what "aoe" means, but with an inflammable bee shield, when pete does his attack when he hammers the ground or whatever, and your screen gets covered by both, fire and acid, your screen/character continues to be affected by acid(not fire). When you have the alkaline bee shield, and he does said attack, your screen/character gets affected by fire(not acid). That attack also does less damage from fire/acid depending on what elemental shield you have on.
#7R0880Posted 1/24/2013 4:21:36 AM
Pete's elemental attacks change every time his name changes.