How do DLCs scale?

#1DeathblaidPosted 1/24/2013 7:29:38 AM
I'm currently lvl 38 on my second playthrough and I was wondering what happens if I start Big game hunt. Will it scale once I've reached lvl 50 or will it be stuck at 38 forever? I've heard that the captain scarlett dlc had this issue
#2pj44055Posted 1/24/2013 10:02:04 AM
In the first playthrough, Pirate and Torgue scale to your level, but top off at a max of 30. Maybe 31 or 32, but only for some bosses. I can't speak for Big Game Hunt, personally, but I've been told by a friend that the highest he can remember is 37 (he was level 50).

Essentially, that means a level 50 character will have little to no challenge during a first playthrough run.

In TVHM, the enemies will scale to your level completely. Using a level 50 character, all enemies will be level 50. Again, probably topping off at 51 or 52 for some bosses.

To my knowledge, once you begin the DLC, the enemies' levels are set. I have heard reports of enemies in undiscovered locations within the DLC scaling again the first time you enter said areas, but I cannot confirm nor deny that.

To ensure the best possible loot, wait until you're level 50 in TVHM to start them. That'll ensure that all quests within the DLCs offer up level 50 (possibly a few levels lower, depending on the quest?) gear.
---
Wii FC: 3351-9107-3724-8137 Name: PJ
XBOX Gamertag/PSN ID/Nintendo ID: Vash8806
#3JacquardPosted 1/24/2013 10:05:13 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4megaddtdPosted 1/24/2013 10:15:42 AM
pj44055 posted...
In the first playthrough, Pirate and Torgue scale to your level, but top off at a max of 30. Maybe 31 or 32, but only for some bosses. I can't speak for Big Game Hunt, personally, but I've been told by a friend that the highest he can remember is 37 (he was level 50).

Essentially, that means a level 50 character will have little to no challenge during a first playthrough run.

In TVHM, the enemies will scale to your level completely. Using a level 50 character, all enemies will be level 50. Again, probably topping off at 51 or 52 for some bosses.

To my knowledge, once you begin the DLC, the enemies' levels are set. I have heard reports of enemies in undiscovered locations within the DLC scaling again the first time you enter said areas, but I cannot confirm nor deny that.

To ensure the best possible loot, wait until you're level 50 in TVHM to start them. That'll ensure that all quests within the DLCs offer up level 50 (possibly a few levels lower, depending on the quest?) gear.

Not entirely correct. TVHM starts off around level 30-34 (can't remember which) and the level of the quests and enemies do not scale, but increase at a fixed rate, like how it works in the first playthrough (gets to level 50 around the Stealing the Vault Key mission).

Once you beat the main story in TVHM, all enemies everywhere will scale up to 50 or higher and any side quests that you haven't accepted (undiscovered in the quest log) will be level 50 and should give level 50 rewards when you beat them. This is unofficially called PT2.5.

As far as the DLC goes, I have no idea how they scale in TVHM, except that they will all be at level 50 if you're in PT2.5.
#5pj44055Posted 1/24/2013 10:47:47 AM
megaddtd posted...
Not entirely correct. TVHM starts off around level 30-34 (can't remember which) and the level of the quests and enemies do not scale, but increase at a fixed rate, like how it works in the first playthrough (gets to level 50 around the Stealing the Vault Key mission).

Once you beat the main story in TVHM, all enemies everywhere will scale up to 50 or higher and any side quests that you haven't accepted (undiscovered in the quest log) will be level 50 and should give level 50 rewards when you beat them. This is unofficially called PT2.5.

As far as the DLC goes, I have no idea how they scale in TVHM, except that they will all be at level 50 if you're in PT2.5.

Crap! I mixed up 2.5 with 2. *facedesk*
---
Wii FC: 3351-9107-3724-8137 Name: PJ
XBOX Gamertag/PSN ID/Nintendo ID: Vash8806