Melee Zer0 popularity

#1KaBoom1322Posted 1/24/2013 8:52:31 AM
Just thought i'd ask how popular bloodshed zer0 is.Personally i'm not a fan of melee i would rather use a good sniper.
---
Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE!!
#2fakesnoop77Posted 1/24/2013 8:54:57 AM
Melee Zero for me.

I use Rapier/Rubi for damage/heal combo.

Done in the right way, the build is immense
---
In pitch dark I go walking in your landscape.
#3KaBoom1322(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 9:00:23 AM
He may be more powerful using melee but i like snipers anyway and i don't really like melee in borderlands.
---
Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE!!
#4SinisterBladePosted 1/24/2013 9:10:52 AM
Law and Order, Rubi, everything dies.
---
What is a man?!
A miserable little pile of secrets!
#5fakesnoop77Posted 1/24/2013 9:15:26 AM(edited)
KaBoom1322 posted...
He may be more powerful using melee but i like snipers anyway and i don't really like melee in borderlands.

The problem I find with sniping is that when you get to a new area, some of the enemies spawn really close to you making it impossible to sniper them but perfect for insta-melee.

I respec for sniping at certain areas like Lynchwood. That place is sniper-heaven

EDIT: Using a strong melee build in Caustic Caverns/Tundra Express is awesome because of all those annoying creatures that run straight at you and gather around your feet. Just look down and melee them into oblivion
---
In pitch dark I go walking in your landscape.
#6WolfLinkXPosted 1/24/2013 9:15:07 AM
Most people usually use Zer0 for the melee tree anyway.
---
Currently Playing: Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3, Resident Evil 6, and Borderlands 2.
Waiting list: Rainbow Six Patriots
#7megaddtdPosted 1/24/2013 9:19:25 AM
fakesnoop77 posted...
KaBoom1322 posted...

The problem I find with sniping is that when you get to a new area, some of the enemies spawn really close to you making it impossible to sniper them but perfect for insta-melee.

I respec for sniping at certain areas like Lynchwood. That place is sniper-heaven

EDIT: Using a strong melee build in Caustic Caverns/Tundra Express is awesome because of all those annoying creatures that run straight at you and gather around your feet. Just look down and melee them into oblivion

If you put points into 0ne with the Gun (I think that's what it's called) makes sniper hip firing very doable. GREATLY increases accuracy from the hip and speeds up sniper reloads. If someone is planning on going full sniper, I highly suggest that, especially if you like Vladof sniper rifles.

Also, you can go full sniper, and still have enough points left over to throw into Bl00dshed and get the Execution skill for when mobs get too close for comfort.
#8captain_tylorPosted 1/24/2013 9:43:27 AM
fakesnoop77 posted...
KaBoom1322 posted...

Problem with sniping is that a lot of enemies (most animals) are nearly crit-immune.
Problem with melee is that it is very weak unless you invest heavily in it at expense of anything else.
#9xHuckleberryPosted 1/24/2013 10:09:55 AM
So many ways to play zero.

Cunning and melee being the most popular. Sniper is used, but looked to as a mediocre branch. Altho i dont agree.

Mixing sniper and cunning, you can have pretty much any gun type work. And work well.
#10SinisterBladePosted 1/24/2013 11:16:19 AM
Many people fail to consider Zer0 needs to played tactically. Without the final skill in bloodshed his deception ends after a single strike. He is extremely squishy (low bulk or hp), and guns he can truly shine in take time and planning to use. For CQB, I enjoy spec-ing the skill that causes his decoy to detonate after it ends. Combine this with the final bloodshed skill and everytime the decoy re-deployes after a kill, it will explode. Some people probably dont realise how he is meant to be played. You can mess with your enemies endlessly, so mind games (see decepti0n) is your best bet. Skills like marked for death, One Sh0t One Kill, The kunia one and his ability itself can kill even very difficult enemies with ease. His sniper tree has many skills that benefit all guns. Like 0sOK, the one that raises accuracy, crit damage ect. Most skills there arent only for snipers. Ambush is great for a group setting, and the damage potential with melee mixing the Cunning and Bloodshed tree can be incredible. He can also throw nades and kunia without ever breaking stealth. You gotta play a bit differently, but he is the Assassin afterall.
---
What is a man?!
A miserable little pile of secrets!