Marketplace theft

#1Darkest_EvilPosted 1/24/2013 2:49:12 PM
Dont you think giving out skins and heads from dlcs or the preorder dlc is marketplace theft?

I see people duping them all the time... would be really funny if everyone who got these skins and heads unlocked on their profiles got banned.

Im talking about the special edition ones or even the new ones just released not the ones you can unlock from boss drops..
---
http://castleminerz.freeforums.org/index.php
#2SilverosxPosted 1/24/2013 2:52:27 PM
The Creature Slaughter Dome is automatically given to anyone who plays with someone who already owns it, intentionally or not. Would be hard to do.

The newest skins are bound to the xbox though so those won't be traded easily.
---
My posts come with muffins. Take only one per post.
Don't flame me, or the muffins will BURN!
#3malcolm913Posted 1/24/2013 2:52:29 PM
The new skins are not dupe able; they are available on the quick change station after you buy them.
#4Darkest_Evil(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 3:57:44 PM
The preordered skins and face skins have been given out by people who never bought the dlc or preordered the game to get the special edition skins

this is marketplace theft
---
#5TsurukePosted 1/24/2013 4:14:16 PM(edited)
Silverosx posted...
The newest skins are bound to the xbox though so those won't be traded easily.

Actually its profile-bound (it just reads the DLC off of your save unit -- yet Locally bound as well)
Darkest_Evil posted...
The preordered skins and face skins have been given out by people who never bought the dlc or preordered the game to get the special edition skins

this is marketplace theft

They way they handled the DLC skins/heads is different than that of the Pre-Ordered "Weapons" and Collector's Edition "Heads/Skins". I don't see how this is Marketplace "Theft" when they are trying to make a profit by putting in counter measures against dupers to ensure a profit over a loss
---
XBL GT/PSN: Tsuruke.
#6Darkest_Evil(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 4:37:16 PM
because the special edition skins are 400 points which are the same from the preorder which people are duping and sharing.

thats 400 points being taken from every sale
---
#7diablogamerPosted 1/24/2013 4:39:03 PM
Gearbox charging 15 bucks for a few cosmetic options is marketplace theft wtf are they thinking lol.
---
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very
persistent one" Albert Einstein
#8TsurukePosted 1/24/2013 4:49:32 PM
Darkest_Evil posted...
because the special edition skins are 400 points which are the same from the preorder which people are duping and sharing.

thats 400 points being taken from every sale

Because you get them for free if you Pre-Order or gotten the Collector's edition in the first place? Like I said, they are handling the DLC differently since pre-order incentives were free originally, they are not looking to make "those" DLC as a primary nor secondary source of profit (as far as for this game) while the DLC Skins/Heads they are looking to use as a secondary source of income (purely based on speculation and partial knowledge of Financial economics)

Please understand how the study of profiting works in the game industry and in return they will continue to support and release DLC -- rather than express your feelings on how you think you are getting cheated.

Though it may sound condescending, it was not intended.
---
XBL GT/PSN: Tsuruke.
#9Darkest_Evil(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 4:53:32 PM
umm i never got cheated im saying people are cheating gearbox by stealing the stuff that is on the markplace right now for 400 points

ALL the DUPEs and Trades for special edition dlc skins..

do you understand what im saying?
People are stealing like they did with fifa 10 and the dlc from that game
Anyone with the skins who duped them and say hahahah i got free dlc skins will get banned.

Understand?
I preordered and got mine with the preorder special edition.. the people who are duping them now are giving them out for free and don't realize theres a price on those skins and the skyrocket grenade mod.
---
#10OrgeLambartPosted 1/24/2013 4:57:05 PM
I wouldn't be suprised to see the heads and skins get duplicated, people could drop the original vault hunters ones that were automatically put into the customization stations.

Needs to be done with a PC and by a modder all in all I think it's possible, unless Gearbox make them only useable with the packs. The content is in the patch you download so you have it, you just don't have access too it.