Things you wish you knew during your first playthrough

#1zethy117Posted 1/25/2013 12:59:28 AM
Just picked up the game and am amped to get into it as a Gunzerker!!

What things did you wish you know during your first playthrough?
---
Xbox GT: Zetherual
#2Ubiquitous_RPosted 1/25/2013 1:36:36 AM
I wish I could think of more, I am sure there are many.

No matter how good they look on paper, rubberized grenades are almost always worthless in practice. The inverse is true for betty type grenades. Just my opinion, YMMV.

Tediore reload damage is affected by remaining bullets in the gun. Kind of obvious, but I missed it and it would have been nice to know.

You don't need a fire weapon for the tundra express mission, just group them up and shoot a firemelon. I don't think that constitutes a spoiler.

The siren action skill only does damage to bosses, so unless you have it set to slag, it is arguably lamer than the other classes. Not worthless, but the function changes and to me it loses some luster.

Named mobs have a higher chance to drop whatever loot is associated with them when the corresponding quest to kill them is active.

Etech weapons can be awesome. That may be obvious.

I am sure I could cite many more, but it is late and I am tired.
#3captain_tylorPosted 1/25/2013 1:40:56 AM
Ubiquitous_R posted...

You don't need a fire weapon for the tundra express mission, just group them up and shoot a firemelon. I don't think that constitutes a spoiler.

There are also pillars with firethrowers you can activate with button.

The siren action skill only does damage to bosses, so unless you have it set to slag, it is arguably lamer than the other classes. Not worthless, but the function changes and to me it loses some luster.

With Converge it can stun AND kill a group.
#4stickboy2323Posted 1/25/2013 2:31:55 AM
captain_tylor posted...
Ubiquitous_R posted...

There are also pillars with firethrowers you can activate with button.

There is also a snowman near the Tundra Express entrance. If you shoot it in the head it will reveal a Flynt's Tinderbox.
---
Badass Rank: 0
#5MyGoodPosted 1/25/2013 4:13:48 AM
1.Compl33tionist challenge
2.Leave "Doctor's Orders" mission active to spawn Jimmy Jenkins in Wildlife Exploitation Preserve
---
---
Evolution works in mysterious ways
#6fakesnoop77Posted 1/25/2013 4:45:15 AM
Shoot the snowman next to the vending machines in the face at the start of Tundra Express for a nice little surprise
---
In pitch dark I go walking in your landscape.