Smasher and Fibber need to be patched

#1R0880Posted 1/25/2013 2:11:30 AM
Gearbox took such a positive step with the patching of The Bee. It undeniably improved both the solo and multiplayer experience by diversifying the breadth of useable gear and encouraged the use of strategy and teamplay.

I think I'm right in saying that the Fibber was 'fixed' on the PC version, but as of yet there is no patch for the Smasher. Anyone who says that the raid bosses are not possible to kill without exploiting these glitches needs to just take 5 minutes to think of/look up a decent strategy. Honestly, this game is not difficult in any sense.

Hoping it all gets resolved by the time the next set of content comes out. Anyone else agree?
#2jimmyCCFCPosted 1/25/2013 2:17:08 AM
I dont really give a rats arse how other people play the game.
#3king_ortisPosted 1/25/2013 2:20:00 AM
I say play how you want. Some people have too much trouble so they rely on glitches or over powered weapons. Who cares? Play how you want. Plus, these are guns created by gearbox. Why do they keep having too patch them up. Next time they should be the ones to take 5 extra minutes to think before making a weapon.
---
GT: KingOrtis
"Don't like me or my comments? Then GTFO..."
#4R0880(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 2:29:12 AM
king_ortis posted...
I say play how you want. Some people have too much trouble so they rely on glitches or over powered weapons. Who cares? Play how you want. Plus, these are guns created by gearbox. Why do they keep having too patch them up. Next time they should be the ones to take 5 extra minutes to think before making a weapon.

I agree completely. Gearbox can play test things of course, but it would be hard to examine every combination in every situation that will arise through the sheer amount of people playing the game. Whether other people use such exploits or not is irrelevant. The game is broken and should be fixed.

My post was more concerned about the idea that something was broken and it needs to be fixed, and that Gearbox have shown great willingness to do this in the past (i.e. the amp shield fix). This attitude contributes to make the game experience much more rewarding and satisfying for everyone. I probably came off a bit abrasive in my OP and if I did I apologize!
#5fakesnoop77Posted 1/25/2013 2:45:23 AM(edited)
If people wanna use the Smasher glitch in their own game then fine. As long as they dont use it during any of my hosted games.

I host farming runs quite regularly and I stipulate 'NO SMASHERS ALLOWED'
---
In pitch dark I go walking in your landscape.
#6VeritasAbIratoPosted 1/25/2013 3:00:30 AM
But still by saying it makes the gameplay experience "better for everyone" that's assuming that everyone wants to play the game exactly how you want to. The point that everyone else was making is just that, it would make it better for YOU, and your assumption of what other people should want, and a it turns out that's not always removing exploits and such.

Also it's really hard for me to believe that no one at gearbox ever bounced a shot from the fibber off the ground and said "wow that did a lot of damage." They know what could happen there and they willingly left it in. It was not even an issue until people started wanting to, for some insane reason, to control how EVERYONE plays the game, not just themselves.

I will NEVER understand how it matters so much to some people to change everyone elses play style because they don't enjoy playing a game a certain way.
#7SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 1/25/2013 4:38:09 AM
Raid bosses really need to be nerfed.

Stop giving them automatic 4 player difficulty with only one or two players.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#8SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 1/25/2013 4:42:10 AM
They also need to fix the Doc Mercy mission glitch (where you can't turn it in without save/quitting), Mast. Gee's worms turning into whack-a-moles in FFYL, and fix the glitch where, after having lost acquired skins and heads, they rarely show up for purchase again.

One thing I hope they don't fix is the treasure room glitch. With that glitch, I at least get some value out of the pirate dlc.
---
#9z0mbin3_81Posted 1/25/2013 7:01:49 AM
I really wouldn't use glitches and op weapons if the raid bosses weren't such stupid s***. I'm all for difficult bosses, but just dumping you in a wide open field pit with an enemy that has infinity billion health is not difficulty, it's poor design.
---
"Pandas are like frosting, they scare the chipmunks away" - Benjamin Franklin
#10SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 1/26/2013 12:02:34 AM
z0mbin3_81 posted...
I really wouldn't use glitches and op weapons if the raid bosses weren't such stupid s***. I'm all for difficult bosses, but just dumping you in a wide open field pit with an enemy that has infinity billion health is not difficulty, it's poor design.

This. After a while, it's no longer a case of it being challenging, it's simply tedious.
---