Smasher and Fibber need to be patched

#41SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 1/26/2013 8:19:01 AM
R0880 posted...
I'll start off by saying thank you, for giving a polite and sound reply! Some people get so aggressive and feel the need to insult over debate, it's fairly pathetic.

R0880 posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
ITT: using in game gear isn't legit.

Nice comprehension skills! By the way, can you dupe trade me a Norfleet? I heard you were the person to talk to about dupe trading.

Yep.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#42R0880(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 8:19:08 AM
Not that it's relevant at all to the topic, but yeah the FIbber and Smasher 'glitches' are much stronger than CC and Bee ever was.

The Fibber wasn't used from the start because, IIRC, it arose as a result of The Bee patch.
The Smasher lets you kill almost every enemy in the game (only Gee comes to mind that is exempt) in 1 shot.

But again, it isn't relevant.
#43R0880(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 8:20:41 AM
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...
R0880 posted...
I'll start off by saying thank you, for giving a polite and sound reply! Some people get so aggressive and feel the need to insult over debate, it's fairly pathetic.

R0880 posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...

Nice comprehension skills! By the way, can you dupe trade me a Norfleet? I heard you were the person to talk to about dupe trading.

Yep.

Oh I apologise! I thought he was joking, which is why I included the jab about the 'trade duping' thing.

That better?
#44SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 1/26/2013 8:20:58 AM
R0880 posted...
Not that it's relevant at all to the topic, but yeah the FIbber and Smasher 'glitches' are much stronger than CC and Bee ever was.

The Fibber wasn't used from the start because, IIRC, it arose as a result of The Bee patch.
The Smasher lets you kill almost every enemy in the game (only Gee comes to mind that is exempt) in 1 shot.

Oh?
I've not had the chance to test either myself, and I don't play with randoms. Thanks for the info.

Considering that the topic is about the smasher and fibber, wouldn't that make it relevant?
---
#45SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 1/26/2013 8:22:07 AM
R0880 posted...
R0880 posted...

R0880 posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...

Yep.

Oh I apologise! I thought he was joking, which is why I included the jab about the 'trade duping' thing.

That better?

My bad. Thought it seemed a bit ironic. Didn't pick up on that one.
---
#46R0880(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 8:26:11 AM(edited)
R0880 posted...

Oh?
I've not had the chance to test either myself, and I don't play with randoms. Thanks for the info.

Considering that the topic is about the smasher and fibber, wouldn't that make it relevant?

Sorry if I haven't made myself clear enough. The main point of the topic was not the efficiency or effectiveness of such 'glitches' or 'exploits' at killing X or doing Y, but rather the idea that faults should be fixed to benefit the stability and quality of the product. It's why I mentioned the previous patches and why others have mentioned other prominent faults in the game.

EDIT: @SuprSaiyanRockr, no worries :)
#47Kpt_KapowskiPosted 1/26/2013 8:29:33 AM
R0880 posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...

I could say the same for you, big guy. Aren't you the same person that just tried to argue that duping is a form of trading?

Btw, duping IS cheating. More so than gear exploits.
---
Green Bay Packers 2012: 12-6 :(
#48R0880(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 8:38:37 AM
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
R0880 posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...

I could say the same for you, big guy. Aren't you the same person that just tried to argue that duping is a form of trading?

Seriously big boy? Not really relevant is it? There would be no point in anyone arguing about your understanding/misunderstanding of 'trading' and 'duping'. Don't derail the topic. I thought you were joking or trolling before, maybe that isn't the case.

Also, I never said duping wasn't cheating, and I'm pretty sure I never even said that I viewed the problem of 'glitches' or 'exploits' as the fact they were 'cheating'.
#49Kpt_KapowskiPosted 1/26/2013 9:23:22 AM
R0880 posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
R0880 posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...

Seriously big boy? Not really relevant is it? There would be no point in anyone arguing about your understanding/misunderstanding of 'trading' and 'duping'. Don't derail the topic. I thought you were joking or trolling before, maybe that isn't the case.

Also, I never said duping wasn't cheating, and I'm pretty sure I never even said that I viewed the problem of 'glitches' or 'exploits' as the fact they were 'cheating'.

Uh huh. I noticed you didn't argue against the cheating label when other people use it.

Anyways, here's what's irrelevant: the need for balance and nerfs in a non competitive game.

Borderlands has always been about freedom. The freedom to build your character how you want, the freedom to use whatever gear you want. Why do you "legit" players want to take that freedom away from anyone that enjoys it? Who are you to decide what is "legit"?

If you don't like exploits, don't play with randoms. Get more friends. Hell, I don't think I've seen more than half a dozen threads asking for "legit" players only. Instead of putting in a little effort to find like minded gamers, they'd rather cry and whine until everyone else's fun is ruined.
---
Green Bay Packers 2012: 12-6 :(
#50KaBoom1322Posted 1/26/2013 9:32:01 AM
I don't personally use exploits,but If people enjoy using them i wouldn't stop them.Borderlands is a game about enjoyment if people enjoy using these.... let them.
---
Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE!!